NFL Sunday Ticket

Just think of it this way...

There are generally 4 time slots for NFL games

Sunday 1PM eastern

Sunday 4PM eastern

Sunday 8:30PM eastern

Monday 9:00PM eastern

If your favorite team plays during one of the Sunday afternoon slots, chances are you're going to watch it. Which leaves one other open spot. Usually, the other slot is filled with the best available game in that time going on.

Unless you feel the need to watch all 16 or so games a week, you're more or less paying for one game a week.

If you get NFL RedZone, it will automatically switch to all the games, depending on the scoring situation.

Football isn't like the other sports and their season packages. You get one or two days a week, instead of 7 days a week for the others.

$300 seems a lot to pay for one time spot a week.

The first statement only applies to fans who live in their team's market. I live outside Atlanta so obviously any time the Saints and Falcons play in the same time slot, the Falcons game is on here and I'm off to the sports bar if I want to watch the Saints. Even when they don't play in the same slot, seldom does the local channel show the Saints. To have any hope of seeing all Saints games live from my home, Sunday Ticket is, sadly, the only option.

The second statement assumes the viewer wants all the games, which isn't usually the case. What we want is the freedom to choose when not watching our own team. If the Patriots' slaughter of Tennessee is the only game on locally, wouldn't you want the ability to switch over to a better game?

Last year I spent $30 on NFL Rewind and it was a great investment. It allows you to watch every game on your computer in HD, but only after they're over. I really enjoyed that because there are no commercials, you have full DVR-like FF/REW controls, the sound is awesome, and you can watch at your leisure. Last year I listened to a couple of games on Sirius then watched them later. But on the other hand, I'll watch the Saints even when I know the game's outcome and some may not want to do that.

True enough. I should have been specific and said your favorite local team. I guess it really does not apply to fans of outside-the-market teams.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well anyone that has Direct TV is paying for the NFL Ticket directly via subscription or indirectly via the regular monthly bill. We switched to Dish and are happy to pay less for more channels and better customer service. Sure we don't have the chance to pay for the NFL Ticket, we still get the RedZone which I enjoy just as much. But due to the fact I live in an area that is an "overlap" area I may miss 1 or 2 Ravens games if they are on FOX the same time as the Eagles since by law Dish can only offer my locals even though Comcrap offers Baltimore and Central PA locals except for FOX so even with Cable I would be screwed. For that reason I would love to have a PPV option. I do think the NFL is worried that the revenue from PPV games would not be predictable and prefer the guarantee that the subscription service offers. Also I think if the NFL went to a PPV option it would only be for out of market games.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Well anyone that has Direct TV is paying for the NFL Ticket directly via subscription or indirectly via the regular monthly bill. We switched to Dish and are happy to pay less for more channels and better customer service. Sure we don't have the chance to pay for the NFL Ticket, we still get the RedZone which I enjoy just as much. But due to the fact I live in an area that is an "overlap" area I may miss 1 or 2 Ravens games if they are on FOX the same time as the Eagles since by law Dish can only offer my locals even though Comcrap offers Baltimore and Central PA locals except for FOX so even with Cable I would be screwed. For that reason I would love to have a PPV option. I do think the NFL is worried that the revenue from PPV games would not be predictable and prefer the guarantee that the subscription service offers. Also I think if the NFL went to a PPV option it would only be for out of market games.

I keep hoping for the NFL to offer PPV one day too.

Love your sig. I can't wait for the day I can do that on Art Modell's grave. :boogie:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

no matter what deal you have...all of ya'll have it easier......at least the game's on when ur at home.....the game is on while I am at work :( I am a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan......14 hours ahead of the states.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

no matter what deal you have...all of ya'll have it easier......at least the game's on when ur at home.....the game is on while I am at work :(I am a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan......14 hours ahead of the states.

Thank you for your service. It's appreciated. Few people realize how many sacrifices military members and their families make. Missing the game is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

My dad was career Army...77th Division in WWII...Guam, Philippines and yep, Okinawa. Then we were stationed there (Naha) in the early 1960's when I was just a pup. It was pretty weird for my dad to go back there. Recently my mom sent me a bunch of papers and in them was this:

LibertyTorch_July1945.jpg

We went to a lot of the shrines...it's been a long time, but I remember the place called Suicide Cliff. And there was another one where the Japanese killed hundreds of school girls to "save" them from being "captured" (actually liberated). I was only about 4 or 5 when we lived there but I still remember the shrines. Flowers and candles and silence...very peaceful places. I'm sure Okinawa has changed a lot though.

I read in a newspaper article from back then that in some of their battles, my dad's unit fought alongside the Marines and were later given the ultimate compliment. The Marines nicknamed them the "77th Marine Division." :D

Which NFL team do you follow?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

no matter what deal you have...all of ya'll have it easier......at least the game's on when ur at home.....the game is on while I am at work :(I am a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan......14 hours ahead of the states.

Which NFL team do you follow?

I am a Cowboys fan true and true.

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

If I had the dough, I'd pay for it. I'm so sick of watching Rams/Colts games. I'd love to watch the browns or hell anyone but the Rams or Colts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The NFL will never offer single games for PPV because they want you to pay the full $300 for the season. It sucks, but from their end, its smart.

But the NFL isn't getting $300 from me. All you gotta do is call Directv & tell them you want to cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket. With all the discounts I got from them, I'm only paying $122.54 for the 2010 season. :woot:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I'm not sure how some of you guys can watch that RedZone channel. I tried that at my girlfriend's house one weekend and found it to be way too spastic. I could count on one hand the number of times we saw consecutive plays from the same game. Maybe you get used to it over time but I didn't like it all.

I was ready to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket, $314.93 is just way too much. So I called DirecTV & told them to cancel my NFL Sunday Ticket. They started offering me deals left & right. They gave me the package for 6 payments of $49.99 ($299.94). One month of free service ($57.49). And $10.00 off my monthly service for the next year. A 17 week NFL season is costing me $7.20 a week. Score!!! (bow)

I switched over to DTV in early October of 08 so I got Sunday Ticket for being a new subscriber, I was disappointed in only getting the standard def because the picture looked like hell. So come the August 09 billing cycle DTV signed me back up for it again at 40 bucks a month, I called and told them that it wasnt worth it to me, and to drop it. So after the sales pitch I was asked what it would take to sign back up, and I said that I paid under 200 for the Center Ice and I got a crap ton more games etc... so then the Rep starts letting the numbers and deals fly and by the time it was over I got the ST plus HD for under 200. Then it was thrown in that this was a one time deal that I wouldnt get the following season, which happens to be coming up, and I just got the early renew bill. I'll call and tell them to remove it again, go through the pitch, and maybe it'll get renewed maybe it wont. For a package that offers games scheduled at only two times, 1 day a week for four months, the cost per game watched is still a ripoff.

Last season I paid $199.99 for Sunday Ticket and that got me the basic package; no HD, no game mix, and no Red Zone channel. I got all the games in standard def and that was it. Well, I just called Direct TV to cancel Sunday Ticket. All of a sudden I'm getting offered deals left and right. This season I'm getting all of the above plus something called "Sunday Ticket to Go" which lets you watch games on your computer and/or cell phone. This year's price? $179.99. I guess they figured getting 180 bucks out of me was better than getting nothing at all.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived