C-Jay & C-Fish's NHL Redesign

CJworks

Very nice work. I especialy like that third with the duck foot.

The colors are perfect as they give you a "duck" feel. The numbers look great as well. The only thing I would change it the font used for the names on the back of the jersey. It's just a little difficult to read and I'm sure you could find something that would compliment the numbers rather well.

I've seen that template before, but I don't know where to find it. Do you remember where you got it?

Right here.

As made famous by...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice work. I especialy like that third with the duck foot.

The colors are perfect as they give you a "duck" feel. The numbers look great as well. The only thing I would change it the font used for the names on the back of the jersey. It's just a little difficult to read and I'm sure you could find something that would compliment the numbers rather well.

I've seen that template before, but I don't know where to find it. Do you remember where you got it?

Right here.

Thanks so much! Again, fantastic work!

flyerssignature2.png

tampasignature2.png

msusignature2.png

As a Ducks fan, I approve this concept.

I love the home jersey, I would pick that up in a second. ANd I'm also in love with that third. Interesting to try a sash concept in hockey, but I actually like it a lot. It'd be interesting if a team ever tried that in a real setting. I'd love seeing that.

There are two things that could use some improvement. I agree with an earlier post, I'd like to see a little more striping or a bolder striping pattern. And to be honest, I'm not feeling the shield/stick/flock/head "third" logo. I could deal with it in its current location (only on the shoulders of the third jersey) but I just don't think it's that strong. The flock doesn't stand out immensely and for me the head is in an awkward position in relation to the entire logo.

But like I said, on the whole, this thing is great. I would snatch up the home and the third in a hurry.

Can't wait for the rest of the series.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Well Done Guys!!

This being my first post and all, I thought I would make sure that it would be for some of my favorite designers on here.

Keep up the awesome work, I can't wait for the next one!

I will hopefully have some of my own re-designs up soon.

--BlindKnight

A very nice identity package, and one that I could definitely live with. The colour scheme is great, the logos are great - although the flock-of-ducks-on-shield thing feels a bit weak - and it all goes together so well on the dark jersey.

I will say that I'm not liking the road or alternate jerseys so much. The white jersey feels too plain, and could really use more colour on the sleeves to prevent this. As for the alternate, and I'm not sure why, but I'm getting a very football/soccer-esque vibe from the way the stripe goes diagonally behind the logo. It's great that you went out of your way to go for a unique jersey design, but I'm just not feeling it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Wow. This is very nice stuff. The colors are gorgeous, and all three logos are solid. The primary and secondary are especially nice. I do wish the shield logo had more orange in it, though.

The home and road uniforms are pretty good. I like the style a lot, though the teal sleeve stroke does seem to push the sleeve numbers a little too far down. Also, the sleeve patches on the flat views look too large. The alternate looks pretty good. As someone else mentioned, it could use a bit more navy to help everything come together. I do like the striping on the alternate, even if I do have this uncanny feeling like I've seen it somewhere before....

But all kidding aside, this is a very nice look. I can't wait to see more.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Wow. This is very nice stuff. The colors are gorgeous, and all three logos are solid. The primary and secondary are especially nice. I do wish the shield logo had more orange in it, though.

The home and road uniforms are pretty good. I like the style a lot, though the teal sleeve stroke does seem to push the sleeve numbers a little too far down. Also, the sleeve patches on the flat views look too large. The alternate looks pretty good. As someone else mentioned, it could use a bit more navy to help everything come together. I do like the striping on the alternate, even if I do have this uncanny feeling like I've seen it somewhere before....

But all kidding aside, this is a very nice look. I can't wait to see more.

Whoah, I didn't realize it was that similar, sorry about that. If you need me to, I'll gladly change it.

After all, the only real hockey I follow is your defunct team thread. :D

I've seen better... and I've seen worse (see: the 1996-97 third jerseys.) My favorite logo is the tertiary, and I do like the color set. My least favorite uni is the alt.

I give these a C+ (their current unis earn a solid "F")

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

#2 Atlanta Thrashers

#3 Boston Bruins Next

thrashersforposting.png

Ok, so it's gonna be hard to top that last concept, and I honestly don't think this one does, but I think it may top their current identity. I wanted to go with a logo that actually related to the name, Thrashers, as they were names this because the state bird if a Brown Thrasher. I tried to make my thrashers head as "thrasher" like as I could, but keep the actual shape of their head.

The color scheme drops the maroon and brown, simplifying it to light blue, dark blue, and golden yellow.

The secondary is an update of their current secondary, giving it an even more silhouette view, and containing a stylized A inside.

The jerseys are fairly simple, I went with something I thought could work for them, but keep it simple, for the home and away, and for the Alternate, while simple, was something I thought of when I thought of the word Thrash.

atlantathrashershome.png

atlantathrashersaway.png

atlantathrashersalternate.png

So, thanks for viewing, and stay tuned for C Jay Z's Bruins next week.

// Also, sorry about the red line around the boxes on the jerseys, I cant figure out what that is, it doesnt show in inkscape.

#2 Atlanta Thrashers

#3 Boston Bruins Next

thrashersforposting.png

Ok, so it's gonna be hard to top that last concept, and I honestly don't think this one does, but I think it may top their current identity. I wanted to go with a logo that actually related to the name, Thrashers, as they were names this because the state bird if a Brown Thrasher. I tried to make my thrashers head as "thrasher" like as I could, but keep the actual shape of their head.

The color scheme drops the maroon and brown, simplifying it to light blue, dark blue, and golden yellow.

The secondary is an update of their current secondary, giving it an even more silhouette view, and containing a stylized A inside.

The jerseys are fairly simple, I went with something I thought could work for them, but keep it simple, for the home and away, and for the Alternate, while simple, was something I thought of when I thought of the word Thrash.

atlantathrashershome.png

atlantathrashersaway.png

atlantathrashersalternate.png

So, thanks for viewing, and stay tuned for C Jay Z's Bruins next week.

// Also, sorry about the red line around the boxes on the jerseys, I cant figure out what that is, it doesnt show in inkscape.

All around great work! Really looking forward to seeing the rest of this series, specifically the Dallas and Calgary re-designs.

Love the primary logo, simple and effective. I also really like the bold 90's inspired striping pattern you went with. Its great to see a Thrashers set where the jerseys actually match. Also liked that you more or less kept their unique number font. Only thing I would suggest is maybe switching the Navy Blue with the Powder Blue on the Homes. Thrashers fans from what I've heard really like their powder blue coloured jerseys.

Just wanted to say i absolutely love both of these designs!!! Can not wait to see Detroit. One minor thing for the future i think that the NHL makes teams where white helmets with there white away jerseys, i could be wrong but i feel like i read that somewhere.

I really like the home and road uniforms a lot, and the alternate is really growing on me, although I think the piping is what made it seem a little bit off for me. I love the primary, but the secondary is amazing. Great work and I am looking forward to following this thread.

RockiesSig.png

I absolutely love the home and away uniforms. The third jersey is ok, but I do love the logo used on the third. The primary logo is the weakest part of this concept IMO. I think it seems like the head is cut off a little, maybe we should see some more neck or a better transition because as of now, it just looks awkward by the neck area.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Archived