C-Jay & C-Fish's NHL Redesign

CJworks

#4 Buffalo Sabres

#5 Carolina Hurricanes next ( we messed up the order haha )

sabresprimary.png

OK, so here are the Sabres. I had an idea to do something awesome with them, but I couldn't actually bring that idea forward. So, I updated the old shield logo for the primary. I know it's been done before, but I wanted to try my ideas, and see what you guys think.

The secondary is a simple B with sabres crossed behind it.

Not a whole lot too say about the jerseys, I just used traditional striping here.

Home

sabreshome.png

Away

sabresaway.png

Let me know what you guys think, stay tuned for C Jay's Hurricanes concept next ( we mixed up Calgary and Carolina )

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#4 Buffalo Sabres

sabresprimary.png

OK, so here are the Sabres. I had an idea to do something awesome with them, but I couldn't actually bring that idea forward. So, I updated the old shield logo for the primary. I know it's been done before, but I wanted to try my ideas, and see what you guys think.

Not a whole lot too say about the jerseys, I just used traditional striping here.

Home

sabreshome.png

Away

sabresaway.png

Let me know what you guys think, stay tuned for C Jay's Hurricanes concept next ( we mixed up Calgary and Carolina )

• Hem striping on front of Home jersey magically disappears, but reappears on back view as well as on the player template.
  • Sleeve numbers on all jerseys are far too high, far too small basically making them "we have to have sleeve numbers" issue yet again that was never really fixed with Boston's look.
  • The crossed swords B secondary is positioned wrong on the player model in comparison to the front and back views of each jersey.
  • The Gold outline for the nameplates overpowers both the white lettering on the home and moreso the blue lettering on the away. You'd be better off just removing the gold outline all together for better legibility.
  • Positioning of the main logo on the chest is in correct on the player template when compared to the front view of each jersey. Front view has the logo basically centered while the template has it higher, almost choking the player.
  • Spacing between the stripes on the home and away uniforms differ slightly, more easily seen on the away uniform's socks.
  • Collar of the away uniform is different on the front & back views of the jersey as opposed to the player template. Also, the shield area on the front view is yellow/gold, while the player template is white.
  • While a gold helmet chin strap ties the look together, realistically are chin straps any color beyond black or white?

On a personal level, I think making the actual buffalo so small in the logo makes the buffalo pointless. It seems to be there for the sake of being there.

bbb576cd657e9496a0e987e1e6f3e5ff.jpg

5xwn9.gif

Both seem to have included the iconic animal better than your attempt, even if one is the original logo and the other is a mutation that included the red/black/silver phase of the team.

Really, only Anaheim's mockup has done the actual animal/logo justice and even then you could argue against that statement.

#4 Buffalo Sabres

sabresprimary.png

Home

Away

• Hem striping on front of Home jersey magically disappears, but reappears on back view as well as on the player template.
  • Sleeve numbers on all jerseys are far too high, far too small basically making them "we have to have sleeve numbers" issue yet again that was never really fixed with Boston's look.
  • The crossed swords B secondary is positioned wrong on the player model in comparison to the front and back views of each jersey.
  • The Gold outline for the nameplates overpowers both the white lettering on the home and moreso the blue lettering on the away. You'd be better off just removing the gold outline all together for better legibility.
  • Positioning of the main logo on the chest is in correct on the player template when compared to the front view of each jersey. Front view has the logo basically centered while the template has it higher, almost choking the player.
  • Spacing between the stripes on the home and away uniforms differ slightly, more easily seen on the away uniform's socks.
  • Collar of the away uniform is different on the front & back views of the jersey as opposed to the player template. Also, the shield area on the front view is yellow/gold, while the player template is white.
  • While a gold helmet chin strap ties the look together, realistically are chin straps any color beyond black or white?

On a personal level, I think making the actual buffalo so small in the logo makes the buffalo pointless. It seems to be there for the sake of being there.

bbb576cd657e9496a0e987e1e6f3e5ff.jpg

5xwn9.gif

Both seem to have included the iconic animal better than your attempt, even if one is the original logo and the other is a mutation that included the red/black/silver phase of the team.

Really, only Anaheim's mockup has done the actual animal/logo justice and even then you could argue against that statement.

Yes there are some inconsistencies between the player model and the actual jerseys that need to be fixed, does that make it a bad concept? No. Fix them and you have one of the best Sabres concepts posted here in a while. Also the two logos you posted do not include the Buffalo better than this concept, especially the bottom one which is just awful (How many times have we seen this recolour?). The Buffalo is supposed to be jumping through the two swords, not having his decapitated head magically floating in front. The Buffalo on his logo is a little smaller, that doesnt make it pointless. Its rendered better than the one in the original. Your right about the gold chin straps though..

thanks puck for all the feedback,.. i'll admit I was a little tired getting the jerseys done, so they do have some things off. I'll update it as soon as i can.

A couple things though, the hem striping actually shows up in inkscape on the home, Im not sure why it wont come up here...

Also, for anyone having trouble seeing the jerseys, they show up on my screen, but again there might be something wrong with the file.

I'd increase the size of the buffalo and put it smack dab in the middle of the swords. I think that should be the focus, not the swords (even though they are the Sabres, but they are also in BUFFALO). Other than that it's great. Awesome update of a great logo.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I was waiting for someone to point this out.

Hopefully I don't sound too defensive, but I didn't copy his at all. They make look similar, but theres reasons.

Basically, after my other ideas failed, I came to a conclusion I was going to update the old logo. So, the swords in mine are based off the old logo, as well as the buffalo, as well as the circle.

The shading on the swords was an idea I had, as well as on the buffalo. The highlight in the circle is actually based off of one of my failed attempts, which was the same thing as what I posted but in a shield instead of circle.

100% honest I didn't copy his, just when revamping that old logo theres not much you can do.

Again, sorry if I sound overly defensive, but i knew this would come up ^_^ and also sorry to GFB if he feels I did copy his.

Also, for anyone having trouble seeing the jerseys, they show up on my screen, but again there might be something wrong with the file.

To bust your balls a bit, and generally for everyone who posts concepts and designs...

...but no one gives a (censored) what things look like on your screen. The audience in this case is the client, so if it doesn't show up on the client's screen then it's a problem. Saying how things look like on your screen is lazy and borders on failure. Just get it done.

OK, good. And puck, Im just saying that it comes up on my screen, so I wouldnt know how to change it to make it come up on others, because theres apparently nothing wrong ( I mean there is, but I dont know how to change it, because it appears to be fine )

And I can understand that, but it's only your fault that what you see didn't output like you wanted it to. That'll be the knock you get if that happened at an actual job or just a presentation to a client. I personally could care less if the answers to the numbers on Lost appeared on your screen or the cure for cancer. if it isn't outputted then it doesn't exist.

Archived