C-Jay & C-Fish's NHL Redesign

CJworks

Nobody cares that you're trying to get things back up and running. Either put stuff up or just admit it's over.

Well, at least 2 people seem to care.

Well I know that neither of you two don't care since you haven't put up anything since August 2nd, and the other guy has moved back to his own project. So, your 2 people isn't exactly impressing me at all. Just do what you do best, let this one die since you're destined to never complete an actual project like you keep claiming.

Oh yeah, still waiting for the rest of that CHL redesign.

*thumbs up*

Look pal. If you have such a huge problem with this series, then just shut up and stop following it, k? People have these things called "lives" that sometimes take precedence over sports board concept projects. I know, I've had to put some projects on hold myself and I'm positive that many other have as well. You can get over it, or maybe you can't, I don't know. But quit your moaning and just stop following the thread if it gives you such a tantrum and a headache. It'll save you the trouble as well as the rest of this thread's followers as well, so do yourself and all of us a favor okay? Thanks.

Anyways, onto the topics, I'm very glad to see this back up. Both of you produce some really great work and I'm glad to see some more coming out. And take your time, this follower won't blow a gasket upon seeing delays :)

For Calgary, I really like What i'm seeing. It's a nice, crisp, and clean design. My only suggestion is to make the numbers red outlined in gold on the white jersey, but other than that it looks very nice. I myself am a huge fan of Calgary dropping black, and hope they do so and trot out something similar to this in doing so. Great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for saying that knnhrvy. I've been trying to say that pretty much the whole time, but I guess he didn't want to listen. Im sorry to Puck, but honestly just read what knnhrvy said and you'll see where im coming from.

Thanks for the c and c on the Flames. Not to many changes you guys want to see, so hopefully those will be up soon.

Thank you for saying that knnhrvy. I've been trying to say that pretty much the whole time, but I guess he didn't want to listen. Im sorry to Puck, but honestly just read what knnhrvy said and you'll see where im coming from.

Thanks for the c and c on the Flames. Not to many changes you guys want to see, so hopefully those will be up soon.

Hey, no problem at all. I understand how it goes, I'm going through that right now actually (college work is swamping me and I still have a project on hold myself for that reason), so I totally understand that sometimes other things take precedence. Plus, you've always given me good input on my work during my time here, so I felt I'd better stand up for ya here!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like the simplicity of the Flames design. I don't like the red "C" on the red sweater--it's too much (and I'm admittedly very partial to the old white "C"). The flaming "F" looks pretty good too, but, again too much. One flaming letter is enough. Overall, though, good job!

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Look pal. If you have such a huge problem with this series, then just shut up and stop following it, k? People have these things called "lives" that sometimes take precedence over sports board concept projects. I know, I've had to put some projects on hold myself and I'm positive that many other have as well. You can get over it, or maybe you can't, I don't know. But quit your moaning and just stop following the thread if it gives you such a tantrum and a headache. It'll save you the trouble as well as the rest of this thread's followers as well, so do yourself and all of us a favor okay? Thanks.

LOL, you're a) so off the mark and B) clueless about what had happened to inject like you did. So thanks for the laughs.

Tantrum? Hardly.

Headache? Not even in the least.

Then, for chicken to gloss over my points from the beginning, equally priceless.

Anyways, onto the topics, I'm very glad to see this back up. Both of you produce some really great work and I'm glad to see some more coming out. And take your time, this follower won't blow a gasket upon seeing delays :)

For Calgary, I really like What i'm seeing. It's a nice, crisp, and clean design. My only suggestion is to make the numbers red outlined in gold on the white jersey, but other than that it looks very nice. I myself am a huge fan of Calgary dropping black, and hope they do so and trot out something similar to this in doing so. Great job!

Red logo on a red jersey would get lost and therefore weaken the logo. It can't be saved by any number or thickness of stroke, it's still a red logo on a red jersey. The idea of the flaming F, I actually like, but the outcome isn't on par with matching the C at all.

LOL, you're a) so off the mark and B) clueless about what had happened to inject like you did. So thanks for the laughs.

Tantrum? Hardly.

Then, for chicken to gloss over my points from the beginning, equally priceless.

No, thank you for the laughs. You're a hoot.

I'm not gonna start some cyberwar with you, because it certainly isn't worth it. But, really, none of what you've said makes any sense. "What happened to inject like you did"?? What the heck does that mean? And "chicken"? Really?

I don't care what you said before this, throwing fits just because their project has went on longer and more delayed than you'd like is pretty ridiculous. This isn't a company, and you aren't thier boss. This is a sports concept board, and it's members can contribute at thier own pace. So get off your high horse and cool it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Tantrum? Hardly.

I'm not gonna start some cyberwar with you, because it certainly isn't worth it. But, really, none of what you've said makes any sense. "What happened to inject like you did"?? What the heck does that mean? And "chicken"? Really?

I don't care what you said before this, throwing fits just because their project has went on longer and more delayed than you'd like is pretty ridiculous. This isn't a company, and you aren't thier boss. This is a sports concept board, and it's members can contribute at thier own pace. So get off your high horse and cool it.

Well, his name is chickenfish. You're really stretching for something that isn't nor is ever going to be there.

And of course you're not going to do anything because you've got nothing. That's quite evident.

/conversation

Tantrum? Hardly.

Well, his name is chickenfish. You're really stretching for something that isn't nor is ever going to be there.

And of course you're not going to do anything because you've got nothing. That's quite evident.

/conversation

Oh, I've got something. But, to respect chickenfish's wishes, I'll be the bigger man and let the argument end here. Thanks for the good laughs though, totally made my day. You've got the incoherency of Lou Holtz and the arrogancy of Mark May, it's like watching College Primetime reruns! Thanks again.

Anyways, conversation and argument over. Back to the topic, everyone! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The Flames unis are solid but they dont really blow me away. I personaly like a small amount of black for the flames (I realize that I am the major minority on that haha) but I understand why you took it out.

The "F" logo is a GREAT idea for a secondary, way better than the horse head, but there seems to be a lot of empty space where the flames start to come off the back. I dont really know if there is an easy way to fix it but thats what I think.

The Alt jersey is solid but its kind of boring for an alt. I would have liked to see something a little more out there. I feel like you almost simplified an already simple home/away set and for me I like to see something thats a little more unique for a 3rd ( I believe I am in the minority here too)

In response to Puck I think that the red logo could work. A lot of other teams can pull it off Toronto, Detroit, Blues, The old circle Buffalo logo etc, but I do think that the numbers on the away jersey should be red to match the logo.

All in all Calgary is good not great but good and I am glad to see you guys back up and running with this. I look forward to the rest.

Puck, stop being a douche. You've been riding these guys since you entered the thread. If you're not a fan of their work, kindly stop injecting yourself into the thread. You'll be happier. The OPs will be happier. Those of us following the thread will be happier. Thanks.

Anyway I love the Carolina update. The Calgary set could use some black, actually. Just to make it pop a little more.

If I can go back to the C&C Puck gave, I'll second the red logo on a red jersey. Check out the white numbers on your third. They look good, they stand out because the primary color is different than the of the jersey. Both the F and C should be white, or even gold, so they pop also.

Kudos on the F logo, could probably be re-worked a bit to more closely match the C, but kudos cause it's better than I could do.

Last thought - while I like the F logo, I think the home and alt are too similar, different striping pattern notwithstanding. You could go a little more nuts on the Flames' third. Maybe even a gold jersey, with a red F outlined in gold and red? Just thoughts.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

In response to Puck I think that the red logo could work. A lot of other teams can pull it off Toronto, Detroit, Blues, The old circle Buffalo logo etc, but I do think that the numbers on the away jersey should be red to match the logo.

I'll give you Detroit, but the others had other elements that made it pull it off. Just making an F for Flames as opposed to a C for Calgary isn't exactly that strong enough element. I think that's where his F is weak as a main logo. It's also a critique I've said of his for his various projects where he makes numbers or logos so simplistic that they get washed out on the jersey. It's the logo for crying out loud, why shouldn't that be something that stands out, boldy, on a jersey?

I'll give you Detroit, but the others had other elements that made it pull it off. Just making an F for Flames as opposed to a C for Calgary isn't exactly that strong enough element. I think that's where his F is weak as a main logo. It's also a critique I've said of his for his various projects where he makes numbers or logos so simplistic that they get washed out on the jersey. It's the logo for crying out loud, why shouldn't that be something that stands out, boldy, on a jersey?

I agree that the F logo is not very strong right now, but i could be with a little work. I think that with this particular jersey set the numbers are simple b/c its an ode to the originals, a modern throw back if you will. I dont necessarily like the red C on a red jersey but I was just saying how it could work ya know.

I agree that the F logo is not very strong right now, but i could be with a little work. I think that with this particular jersey set the numbers are simple b/c its an ode to the originals, a modern throw back if you will. I dont necessarily like the red C on a red jersey but I was just saying how it could work ya know.

I could totally agree to this.

OK, i can agree that logos will look washed out on the same color background, but I just dont think the flames logo looks good in any other color but red. That being said, here is the alt with a white F. Honestly, I don't like it as much, but I want to see what you guys think.

flamesalt2.png

I'd like to see the F a little more simplified.

Archived