C-Jay & C-Fish's NHL Redesign

CJworks

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#7 Chicago Blackhawks

Up Next: #8 Colorado Avalanche

blackhawks.png

So I've been at this one for awhile for a couple reasons. One, the Hawks are my hometown team. I may not be an avid watcher of the NHL, but my dad has always been a Hawks fan. I've also had many drafts of this team, it took awhile to capture the look I was looking for. I've shown C-Fish some of the developments of this one, and it's came a pretty long way.

First off, I wanted to completely revap their look, starting fresh with new ideas. The iconic Blackhawk is gone, and I may recieve some heat for this one. The only thing I did keep were the home and road uniforms, which I really liked in the first place. The primary crest is a stylized Blackhawk chief in a red shield. This particular logo took alot of sketches, and the only one that I felt settled with was this one. I went with a whole new direction with the secondary crest as well. I took the whole 'black hawk' idea literally here; I used a stylized Chicago 'C' with the negative space making a black hawk.

Again, I stayed pretty consistant with the uniforms, aside form the third. I kind of modernized their throwback, and yes, I used piping.

Home

blackhawkhome-1.png

Road

blackhawkaway.png

Third

blackhawkthird.png

What do you guys think?

The collar on the alt is white on the player.

I really like the new chief logo, and the home, road and alt jerseys all look good. That said, I'm not fond of the alternate logo... the negative-space bird reminds me of a black Tweetie bird. It looks good on the uniform, just not when looked at closely.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like the home & away looks.

The alt one, not so sure. The logo doesn't scream that it belongs to the Blackhawks. More apt to believe it belongs with either Colorado or the basis for the Syracuse Crunch.

the altnerate C logo definitely screams carolina hurricanes, but the primary looks pretty cool. I like the number font as well.

The alternate's cool, I just can't bring myself to approve the piping, nor the aforementioned hurricanes-ish logo. Wordmark is also solid, has a "chicago" feel to it, if that says anything.

My suggestions: for the alternate, bring back the Neon Indian within a circle, much like their winter classic jersey now only with the current indian. And ditch the piping.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think messing with the Blackhawks unis is a tough task. I agree with the others on the alternate C, it doesn't say "hawk" to me. For some reason the main logo reminds me of Kramer from Seinfeld. It might be the "motion" of the background triangle combined with the feathers. Good attempt, but that team is just too classic to mess with, IMO

I think messing with the Blackhawks unis is a tough task. I agree with the others on the alternate C, it doesn't say "hawk" to me. For some reason the main logo reminds me of Kramer from Seinfeld. It might be the "motion" of the background triangle combined with the feathers.

I disagree. I love the primary and alternate logos.

Good attempt, but that team is just too classic to mess with, IMO

No team is to classic for the concept section. No one's advocating the team should really change their identity. As a creative experiment, this concept works.

Out of all of the logos I've seen in this thread, the Ducks logo impressed me the most. I've never liked any of the Ducks logos and I love seeing designers come up with better concept logos and unis.

Nice work.

Archived