Adidas Championship Division

raysox

Hello.

Black.png

Background

I'm sure everyone by now knows about the MLS. It is without a doubt considered the top tier of the US soccer pyramid. One thing thats different, each lower tier, in this case the USL and NASL, are not connected to the top. In European soccer leagues, they have a system of relegation and promotion. Relegation and promotion is a simple idea. The worst 3 teams in the top tier move down to the next tier, while the top 3 in the bottom tier move up. Here's an example, say the Orioles, Indians, and Pirates have the 3 worst records in the MLB. They would go to AAA, and teams like Durham, Indianapolis, and Portland would be in the MLB. So thats basically what this is, a AAA soccer league, but instead of players moving, the teams move. The whole league is in one division, which the MLS would be too.

Teams

I chose major cities with NASL soccer roots, current teams, or just a major area that would most likely support a team. For the team names, I wanted to keep it similar to the MLS. What that means is, American style team names, European team names, and NASL team throwbacks.

Jerseys

If you didn't know, every MLS team's jersey is made by adidas. I did the same on this league. The Coca-Cola Championship Division is the name of the second tier in English soccer, that's why I made the name have a sponsor. For the most part, I tried to make my own jerseys, and not have a set difference other than the stripes. These are actually the most in depth I've gone with the jerseys, I made stitching on the designs, way better than the World Cup redesign concepts I've been doing, the ones no one comments on anymore.

tldr a made up soccer league.

As you can see, there are little teasers in the map. Two stars are for St. Louis and San Antonio. I have the jerseys done, but the logos are killing me. I have a good name for St. Louis, but can't execute the logo. San Antonio on the other hand, are kicking my ass. I have no clue what to name the team. If anyone has an idea what to name the San Antonio franchise, PLEASE suggest names. I want something other than Alamo FC, simply because cylandux(or w/e his name is) used it in his league.

I'll let this sit for tonight, then post Atlanta tomorrow morning. Feedback would be cool.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I jumped on this topic cause I really like Adidas as a brand. I don't exactly like soccer / football but I expect this to be a unique thread and I always like your work. Looking forward to the first concept.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Atlanta Rovers FC

For my first team, this is Atlanta Rovers FC. I went with a somewhat European name, just because the Silverbacks is pretty weak. I remembered doing a request for Flame for his team the Peachtree Wanderers. Atlanta being The Big Peach, it was fitting. Wanderers and Rovers have basically the same meaning, so that's where I got that. I decided on Navy and Peach for the colours. I added a deeper peach colour to add contrast to the logo. I went for a sash style on the jerseys, as you can see I did some cliche soccer jersey styles in this series. The last MLS team to use it was the Galaxy, I think. Instead of a plain colour/white set, I thought it would be different to have a navy and peach jersey respectively.

Rovers1.png

Attempt 1

Here it is. Anyone have requests on next? If not I'll post another one later if the C&C is good.

That is really nice. The navy and peach go very well together, and the crest us simple, yet very effective. I also like the sash on the uniforms alot, it really sets it apart from the usual here in America. This is definetely a great set, I can't wait to see who you show next!

I wish I could help with the San Antonio name, but I'm unfortunately blank on the subject too. If I may suggest, however, I do think a nod to the Hispanic heritage in the area would be good, or something along the lines.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

pretty solid first entry, i like the basic design, but i don't think the sash should continue on the back (rather, it should end at the shoulders about). and i think the letters on the crest should be further spaced apart.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Agree with what chestnutz says, but I'd also continue the sash through the Delta logo. IMO there's enough contrast between navy, peach, and white for it to work (as you've proved with the white on peach). Other than that, I really like this.

6fQjS3M.png

Really cool work for your first one. The peach really looks appealing to my eyes, and the purpose behind it makes it unique and interesting. Like knnhrvy16 said, the sash idea is really unique and sets it apart from a more usual American style.

The updates made it even better, great job!

Me being a westerner, I think I'd like to see Phoenix or Edmonton next :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

For San Antonio... something along the lines of Mission FC, FC San Antonio, Alamo FC or San Antonio Alamos.

did you NOT read what raysox said above? Still, like mission FC, you could also try san antonio army,S.A. Tejanos or Tejanos S. C. (for soccer club, since people here in america don't say football like the rest of the world :argue:

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Just as an FYI, Miami FC plays full time in Fort Lauderdale and is becoming the Strikers next season, so that name would be probably be out the window for any future league. Plus "Flamingos" is a pretty weak nickname for a men's team lol.

The Atlanta set looks sharp. The only thing I would suggest would be to have a break in the "sash" where the sponsor is, as right now it gets lost on the peach color.

Just as an FYI, Miami FC plays full time in Fort Lauderdale and is becoming the Strikers next season, so that name would be probably be out the window for any future league. Plus "Flamingos" is a pretty weak nickname for a men's team lol.

The Atlanta set looks sharp. The only thing I would suggest would be to have a break in the "sash" where the sponsor is, as right now it gets lost on the peach color.

Oh ho ho, you have very good eyes. I'll just post this one.

Miami SC Flamingos

Here, let me explain myself. I wanted new colours in the league. New ones that weren't used in the MLS. So obviously pink wasn't. I remembered Palermo in Italy wears pink, so it wouldn't be too ground breaking. Sure Miami has the Strikers, and Miami FC. But I wanted to do something new, and get away from the NASL teams I used in this(This was the last team I started)

I'll start with the logo. Well, there has to be a flamingo, obviously. I went with the circle, with breaks in the outline from white to orange. For the jersey, I used the same white to orange thing on the sleeve cuffs. This was essentially an addidas template that I changed a little. Finally, I went with a sponsor for a company from Miami, which was Carnival cruises.

Miami.png

So this is a definite hit or miss here.

I actually really like this. It's unique, it's different, and it's great effort. I like the fact that you took a risk, in my opinion it is a definite hit. Great job!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Erm, it's good really. Of course I'm saying this cause of the colours, but the merchandise would be very recognizable. The logo looks good, especially with the orange in it. Definitely a tricky team to do according to the colours but you did a really good job with it. I'd love to see Edmonton next.

Archived