Adidas Championship Division

raysox

Just as an FYI, Miami FC plays full time in Fort Lauderdale and is becoming the Strikers next season, so that name would be probably be out the window for any future league. Plus "Flamingos" is a pretty weak nickname for a men's team lol.

The Atlanta set looks sharp. The only thing I would suggest would be to have a break in the "sash" where the sponsor is, as right now it gets lost on the peach color.

Oh ho ho, you have very good eyes. I'll just post this one.

Miami SC Flamingos

Here, let me explain myself. I wanted new colours in the league. New ones that weren't used in the MLS. So obviously pink wasn't. I remembered Palermo in Italy wears pink, so it wouldn't be too ground breaking. Sure Miami has the Strikers, and Miami FC. But I wanted to do something new, and get away from the NASL teams I used in this(This was the last team I started)

I'll start with the logo. Well, there has to be a flamingo, obviously. I went with the circle, with breaks in the outline from white to orange. For the jersey, I used the same white to orange thing on the sleeve cuffs. This was essentially an addidas template that I changed a little. Finally, I went with a sponsor for a company from Miami, which was Carnival cruises.

Miami.png

So this is a definite hit or miss here.

I actually like the whole package. The logo is nice, the kits are good too. Definitely unique. As for the name, why not Fort Lauderdale Flamingos? It's got that double-F alliteration going on. It could work for a men's team, but personally I think this would be a perfect look for a WPS team in South Florida.

Also, you're headline "Miami Flamingos - Fort Lauderdale, FL" is at the heart of why MLS failed the first time in South Florida(beyond the primary reason of ownership not having the resources to forge ahead through early losses). You had a team that was called "Miami" playing in Fort Lauderdale, which was turning fans in Miami off, and that same "Miami" team was playing in the home of the beloved Fort Lauderdale Strikers, turning off people in Fort Lauderdale. For whatever reason, when it comes to soccer, South Florida is very tribal. Trying to pander to both Fort Lauderdale and Miami doesn't work so well, so it has to be all out for one or the other(and history overwhelmingly suggests it should be Fort Lauderdale).

Anyway, nice job and kudos for going outside the box with the colors and mascot choice.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes sense. I named them Mimai just because of the region. Like how the New York Giants/Jets/Red Bulls play in New Jersey. That, and Miami FC plays in Ft. Lauderdale.

I decided to expand the league to 16 teams. I felt that more western teams were needed, and another Canadian team would be cool. You can see I did my logo for St. Louis, so there it is.

Edmonton Drillers

This one is based off of the old NASL team. I found the NASL logo thread, and liked the Drillers set. They had hoop stripes going around. As far as I knew, only FC Dallas. I kinda just put this on an adidas template so it would fit in. It might look weird, but I thought it worked. I put a script, instead of a sponsor. Then hoop socks cause they're awesome. The logo is updated from the one used back in the 70s. It really didn't need much, just flair.

Edmonton.png

You're doing a bangup job on this project, raysox. Nice work. I look forward to the rest.

(but you spelled St. Petersburg wrong in your sig picture)

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Edmonton looks fantastic, this is turning out to be a really great series. Keep it coming!

Carolina sounds cool, especially if it's your favorite, it sounds exciting! I'll throw in a motion for Phoenix too.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Carolina Flyers

Here is my favorite of the whole thing. Most people I've shown like it, one saying "I would bandwagon the hell out of this team."

The first airplane that flew built by the Wright brothers was named The Flyer. Simple enough, I settled on that name. What colour represent North Carolina more than Carolina blue. Though I hate the team, I think it's a great colour. The logo is in the shape of a bi plane, with an interlocking CF, surrounded by 3 slashes. They represent the propellers of the biplane, then different colours based on where in the "research triangle" each team is from. Those teams being NC State, UNC, and Duke. The kits themselves were an attempt to mix things up. I didn't want to reuse the same stripes, I did what I could to basically cut the adidas stripes off. Thats pretty much it.

CarolinaFlyers.png

This one's a lovely design too. The only question I have is does the light blue in this set provide enough contrast against the white or the pink of the Fort Lauderdale set?

All that aside, this might be my favorite design yet. Good job!

6fQjS3M.png

Really enjoying this series. I'd agree with the font not being quite there for the Carolina concept...I'd also consider bringing the size of the circle down on the plane to make it less abstract and more like an actual plane.

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Indiana Premier FC

I found the lack of chevrons on the jersey/crest in the MLS kinda lame. I think that chevrons look really good if used right. There also is no purple in the league. I wanted to try new things, and new colours so this concept knocked out both of it. It had to be a darker purple so it would at least be a little bit fierce. The dark purple-Las Vegas Gold seems to pop. The name is somewhat based off the new name of my sister's soccer team. I thought the name Premier really was cool for a soccer team. I had to use chevrons on the front, the ones from the crest. Some designing went on to make a new adidas cut. The sponsor went on the back, simply because there was no place to put them on the front. With the removal of the sponsor on the front, I added numbers! Neat! How'd I do?

Indiana.png

Archived