Adidas Championship Division

raysox

I like the last two a lot. On the Carolina concept, I love the facet that the biplane logo also forms a pretty traditional crest. And Carolina blue goes well with both navy and red. Great work there. You also did a good job with Indiana. The chevrons look good with the purple and gold. The chevrons are what I like most about the crest/jerseys. The big chevron with two small ones under it looks really nice. The crest is good as well. I can't wait to see the rest of the league.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New York Cosmos

The LA Galaxy of their time, and one of the most successful soccer team in NASL history. There are talks of bringing a second team to New York, and this is the way to do it if they do. Plus, with a throwback 1970s team, it gives the hipsters a team to root for, because it's ironic.

I wanted to update the logo. But, I just can't. It's fantastic already, it truly is. The kits back then were pretty simple, so I added a little design that didn't effect anything really. Had to go with a collar too. I'd say this is one of my favorite concepts in this.

NewYorkCosmos2.png

Attempt 1

Sorry I haven't been commenting, just watching from afar really. I like most of your work so far. The Cosmos one leaves a lot to desire TBH. I really think you could at least give the logo a facelift, as I don't see it as perfect at all. Maybe for the 70s it's perfect, but this is 2010 and you should bring it into this age. I'd love to see that. Also not a fan of the kit really. I'd love to see a redux.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Love this series.

In an opposite line of thinking as Chestnutz, I actually really like leaving the Cosmos logo alone, and actually wouldn't mind to see a plain shirt with just the stripes down the sleeves. Yeah, it'd be plain, but it'd be classy, and it would capture the essence of the Cosmos of old without completely ripping them off.

oBIgzrL.png

I agree this is the best one so far... love the shirt striping. The only think I'd add would be a pair of green (or possibly navy) shorts in case of a clash.

Also, I think Hempstead (Hofstra) or Manhattan (Columbia) would be a better place for the new Cosmos until/if they moved up to MLS... especially since the former just ended its football program and now has a 15,000 seat stadium that goes largely unused.

This series really is awesome. I love it and I like how you are doing more unique color combos and templates, etc. Your most recent two are definitely my favorites-- and I just LOVE the colors for Indiana. They look awesome.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Excellent idea, thread and concepts!

As for the NY Cosmos I'm kinda torn, the old one was really good, but the font and ball look dated.

Why not keep everything the same, except slightly update the font and ball?

Any plans to go for a San Diego team? If so, although you used the color combination already blue/orange would rock.

A few things I forgot to mention. I forgot I did update the ball in the logo from the original. Also Harrison, NJ is the home of the new Red Bull Arena. Updated above.

AC Phoenix

I really like diamond soccer logos, and wanted one in the league. Well, I got to work it in here. The top of the crest is the flag of Arizona, then on the bottom, the crest of the city of Phoenix. Normally, if someone sees Red/Yellow they go OMG MCDONALDS LOL. Try to see past that please, the colours fit really well. Off center stripe running down the right. I thought the adidas logo, and crest should go on the stirpe, with a sponsor. To balance it out, I put front numbers. A sublimated flag of Arizona. C&C

Phoenix.png

The Cosmos update is flawless. I love it, definetely one of the best ones. There's nothing I have to suggest to add to it, absolutely perfect!

Phoenix looks great too, I love the crest. Great use of the Arizona flag in the back too, it's a great touch! And I actually really like the colors. No McDonald's references from here :P haha, great work, this series is really becoming one of my favorites. Keep it coming!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I don't think I like the front stripe on the Phoenix kits. It looks kindof just tacked on, especially with the University of Phoenix script going over it.

And I agree the colors look better suited for a New Mexico team.

oBIgzrL.png

I like the design of the logo and kits for AC Phoenix...but I agree that it has an unintentional connection to New Mexico. What about adding some blue to the kits since it's one of the colors of the Arizona state flag. Sort of like how Spain uses blue in their kits (despite having no blue in the national flag). I think that the yellow, red and blue look would work really well.

gYH2mW9.png

If anyone has an idea what to name the San Antonio franchise, PLEASE suggest names.

San Antonio Aztecs

San Antonio Azteca

Aztecas Dorados FC de San Antonio (Golden Aztec Futbol Club of San Antonio)

CD (Club Deportivo) San Antonio

San Antonio Allianz

San Antonio Defenders

San Antonio Fiesta FC

Minnesota Owls SC

This one was funny in it's planning. I had mentioned one day to TC how there should be more Owl teams. Then later I mentioned how "Super Bowl", can be turned into "Superb Owl". Then thought it would be funny if the Minnesota team were the Superb Owls, because there isn't any in Minnesota. And thus it was born! Brown/Yellow/Light brown= fantastic colour scheme. I went with that here, and it tied into the owls. I noticed I didn't have many crazy designs, and just simple cliche soccer ones. I remembered the breaks in adidas templates, and just kinda made up my own because I could! I went with a yellow clash instead of a white, just for personal preference.

OwlsSC.png

I love the colors on this one too and the design is pretty cool as well. But for some reason the crest gives off a USL type feel. The thing that hurts the crest in my opinion is the lack of white. I don't think you should change that, though, because the lack of white is what I really like about the uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived