Thank You Canada!

Brass

Thanks Canadiens for not booing the Star-Spangled Banner at this evenings Bruins/Canadiens Game 6 game. Was it because we cheered during your national anthem, or did you realize that it was immature to boo it. For what it was, thank you for not booing. I also learned how grateful Canadiens are for both the United States and Canada. 3 guys with their arms on each other shoulders, the middle guy waving a beer and them singing 'Oh Canada', I thought was really nice, and some Canadiens were even singing the US anthem. That's classy, guys thanks.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Oh, I don't have anything against Canada. The times I visited Montreal and Quebec (still good Nordiques fans :D like us Whaler fans in New England) Quebecians seem like very nice people and passionate about their hockey. Even youth hockey. When I played there at Les 4 Glaces in Montreal, they went crazy even when we scored!!!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

THe Canadian national anthem is one of the better ones in the world, and i do like it. But them Canadians booing the Star Spangled Banner was as classless as when the Islanders fans booed "Oh Canada" last year...

Have respect for both nations. Wether you like or hate one or the other, respect them.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yes, as with the situations in Long Island and Detroit the past few years, their actions hardly represent the actions of the entire nation.

Boston fans cheered through the entire Canadian anthem after some Montrealers booed the american anthem... good work :notworthy:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I thought the Canadian booing was commentary on the war.

I appreciate fans cheering for the things that deserve respect - Each other's national anthems, players reaching milestones, etc. And I also like seeing fans boo appropriately - Glavine returning to Atlanta to play as a Met, Thugs who take cheep shots, refs who feel compelled to change games with their calls.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

THe Canadian national anthem is one of the better ones in the world, and i do like it. But them Canadians booing the Star Spangled Banner was as classless as when the Islanders fans booed "Oh Canada" last year...

Have respect for both nations. Wether you like or hate one or the other, respect them.

And for that matter, people should have respect for their own country's national anthem as well. This comment is directed at the Chicago Blackhawk fans who insist on polluting the Savvis Center every season and chanting "Let's Go Hawks" during the last half of the Star Spangled Banner. Idiots.

And for that matter, people should have respect for their own country's national anthem as well. This comment is directed at the Chicago Blackhawk fans who insist on polluting the Savvis Center every season and chanting "Let's Go Hawks" during the last half of the Star Spangled Banner. Idiots.

You mean to tell me that the Blackhawks not only have fans left, but that they make road trips too?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I didn't think 'Hawks fans chanted that at home games, let alone road ones.

Quick question for all... does your home team play both the US and Canadian anthems?

All the US NHL rinks I've been to only play the US anthem, unless a Canadian team is visiting.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Quick question for all... does your home team play both the US and Canadian anthems?

All the US NHL rinks I've been to only play the US anthem, unless a Canadian team is visiting.

Buffalo is the only team that plays both before every game regardless of the opponent... a nod to their rather large South Ontario fanbase

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Buffalo is the only team that plays both before every game regardless of the opponent... a nod to their rather large South Ontario fanbase

I'm pretty sure it used to be more widespread than that. Seems to me I can recall O Canada being sung at Blues games when I went as a little kid (early 70's) and these were games against American teams (believe it or not, it was 1994 before I ever got to see a Blues-Leafs tilt and 1997 before I ever got to see the Habs in person). Of course, back then the league was probably comprised of more than 80% Canadian-born players.

Actually, it's really a creative marketing ploy to sell more Blue....and trust me, it works!

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived