Winter/Heritage Classic Concepts

hockey week

I know this topic has been all over the place, but I got to thinking and wondered if the Caps would do some sort of amalgamation of their past uniforms. I highly doubt they'd touch the copper and blue, or any of the logos used during that time (they've rebranded well, why mess with that?), but why not use an idea from that era?

Here are 5 concepts that merge different eras of Capitals history. From right to left (front to back), the Caps original sweaters with the new logo, something i think is very possible for the game. Then, the caps original shoulders with recolored stripes from the black sweater and the current logo. Then, an off chance, especially with the current lawsuit, the weagle on the original sweater (which could actually function as an awesome third someday).

winterclassic2011-capitalsamalgamat.jpg?t=1278547914

Anybody else have thoughts on possibilities? If the Bruins did it, why not any of these teams?

other teams coming soon

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 4 weeks later...

well, now that the logo is out, the above Caps amalgamations are out of the question, but Pittsburgh's logo has baffled everybody. What if they go with an amalgamation like the Bruins did, who also had a misleading logo?

PittsburghAmalgamationJerseyCompilationcopy.jpg?t=1280723585

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

well, now that the logo is out, the above Caps amalgamations are out of the question, but Pittsburgh's logo has baffled everybody. What if they go with an amalgamation like the Bruins did, who also had a misleading logo?

PittsburghAmalgamationJerseyCompilationcopy.jpg?t=1280723585

It's is kind of odd that they picked the '67 logo, given that there uniform colors with the Pittsburgh text where powder blue and white. I don't see them pulling the blue back out as they have used it. Best guess would be to go with the last one black and powder blue trim. And as for the Caps.......well I think we all know what going to use, :D

Archived