Westall 66ers

DeadFish

In 1966 the Melbourne, Australia suburb of Westall encountered a UFO. Military experiments, an unexplained natural phenomena, mass hallucination ... or visitors from another world?

Obviously that last one is the most fun explanation, so I decided to do a concept for the 'Westall 66ers' inspired by the incident.

66Logosheet.png

The idea behind the alternate cap concept is to potentially create the illusion that the Alien is flying the cap.

With any luck uniforms will follow

I like this, It's a really neat idea! I love the primary cap logo, I think i'd buy that hat in a heartbeat. The alternate cap is a really unique idea too, I think that deserves some kudos! Both scripts (especially the away) are really nice too.

Some nitpicks I have though (and they arent really that pressing to me, just some simple thoughts), the outlines on the home and away scripts are inconsistent (home is silver-blue, and away is blue-silver), I would stick with one outlining pattern for both. I personally like the blue-silver outlines best.

The primary logo I think is stretched out too much, meaning I think it's a little too tall, if it can be compacted somehow, I think that'd be best.

On the secondary full-bodied alien logo, I think you should continue the blue outline to go around the alien's head, hands, and the bat. Do that, and it's perfect.

All in all though, I really love this. Great idea! :)

P.S. Are the steering handles on the primary logo and the alternate cap supposed to form a "W"?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like this, It's a really neat idea! I love the primary cap logo, I think i'd buy that hat in a heartbeat. The alternate cap is a really unique idea too, I think that deserves some kudos! Both scripts (especially the away) are really nice too.

Some nitpicks I have though (and they arent really that pressing to me, just some simple thoughts), the outlines on the home and away scripts are inconsistent (home is silver-blue, and away is blue-silver), I would stick with one outlining pattern for both. I personally like the blue-silver outlines best.

The primary logo I think is stretched out too much, meaning I think it's a little too tall, if it can be compacted somehow, I think that'd be best.

On the secondary full-bodied alien logo, I think you should continue the blue outline to go around the alien's head, hands, and the bat. Do that, and it's perfect.

All in all though, I really love this. Great idea! :)

P.S. Are the steering handles on the primary logo and the alternate cap supposed to form a "W"?

Made some adjustments to a couple of the logos as per your suggestions, thanks for the great feedback.

Added the extra outline to the batter and shrunk and shifted the saucer to give the primary a different shape.

66newswinger.png66newprim.png

For the time being I'm sticking with the different outlines on the wordmarks as I like each one the way it is. I'd love to hear from some other people as to whether that's a bad idea or not.

And yes the "W" steering wheel is deliberate.

Oh, and the "blue" is actually supposed to be "Sea green"

The updates look great, nice work!!

Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was blue. My eyes are starting to fail on me so that's my bad haha :P

I can't wait to see uniforms!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I guess I'll be the first to say I don't really like this. The idea is definately there, but it lacks clean presentation and execution. Your outlines are inconsistant; The 66er's script goes teal-gray-green while the Westall script goes gray-teal-green. The width of the outlines are starting to bug me as well. For your alien batter logo, the outlines get very thin around his right foot, but then become thickened drastically near the arm area. Try to stay the same width around (unless you're capturing some vary thick shadows into the outline). Make sure the inside shapes flow well with the curve out the outlines, it will definately help with the presentation of your logo.

I guess I'll be the first to say I don't really like this. The idea is definately there, but it lacks clean presentation and execution. Your outlines are inconsistant; The 66er's script goes teal-gray-green while the Westall script goes gray-teal-green. The width of the outlines are starting to bug me as well. For your alien batter logo, the outlines get very thin around his right foot, but then become thickened drastically near the arm area. Try to stay the same width around (unless you're capturing some vary thick shadows into the outline). Make sure the inside shapes flow well with the curve out the outlines, it will definately help with the presentation of your logo.

The intention with the outline of the batter logo is to create some shadow, but I will definitely make an effort to at least tidy up the outlines some.

I'll also be switching the outlines on the scripts to make them match.

Thanks

The intention with the outline of the batter logo is to create some shadow, but I will definitely make an effort to at least tidy up the outlines some.

I'll also be switching the outlines on the scripts to make them match.

Thanks

What program do you use?

Oh, I see. Well i mean adding shadow within your outlines if completely fine, but you need to keep the widths that aren't capturing any shadow consistant, you know? My only real suggestion is that you could take your gray shape and duplicate it so that it's on a layer that's underneath the current, then just thicken the line width of the duplicated image so that it makes the whole logo strokes lined up. (Did that make sense? Iuse Inkscape, so I'm not all too sure this is works for you.)

Archived