Baseball Stadium Designing

ezreiter3

Thanks, I did use AutoCAD for the wireframe models, but I also used AccuRender (which came with the "free" student edition of Architectural Desktop :P) to do the renderings, along with Paint Shop Pro 7 to help create the photomontages.

As for doing requests, I really don't have the time right now (since things are really busy at work)...

QPR%20Sig.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moser, if this ever goes to a referrendum, you can count on my vote. I was kind of skeptical on how you'd get an arena into the Valley, but this would open so many doors for our city (even beyond sports).

The arena itself looks like it could get LOUD... which is definetly a good thing. It doesn't look like it'd make that bad of a concert venue either. And I especially loved seeing the pictures of the neighborhood around the arena (even though that one pic doesn't do our downtown justice, that's not exactly where I'd go to take a postcard pic either).

I'd love to see what you could do with my stadium idea, but I know you're probably way too busy for that. Still, I'm all for the Menominee Valley Arena to become reality... someone call the city council.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Moser, you think you coulda put a little more effort into that? I want to see logos and players and animation. Geez... guy puts together two or three sketches and thinks he's an architect.

J/K, of course. That's mind blowing. Well done, well done.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

wow! phenomenal work! that photoshopped rendering in the street scene really blows me away. You got my Tracker in one of the pictures :)

just a thought...if you think the Bradley center is too big, will going to a 12,000 seat arena really make much difference? If Milwaukee barely gets 6,000 per game, that's still only half capacity. Manchester, NH's Verizon Wirless Arena holds 9,500 for hockey, and that place gets very loud. Of course, they average almost 9,000 every game anyway, but it is built high, not wide, so the sound is really over the ice. I think if you want to have a smaller arena that feels very intimate, even with a smaller crowd, something between 8,000 and 10,000 would work better. Boston University is building an arena that holds somewhere around 7,500 (don't hold me to that number), and it will also function as a mid-size arena for the city for events and concerts, much like the 6,400 seat Paul Tsongas Arena here in Lowell does. If a big event was being held in Milwaukee, I'm not sure there would be much reason to hold it in a 12,000 seat venue if a 17,500-18,000 seat arena was very close by. Somewhere just under 10,000 does fill a void and makes it marketable to slightly smaller capacity events.

That being said, your architecture and rendering are amazing. That would make an awesome 12,000 seat arena, comparable to the Worcester Centrum Center, but much cozier and closer to the action. I'm sure your arena, if built, would be a great asset to Milwaukee.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I also had the venue in mind as a possible home for UW-Milwaukee basketball (who currently play most of their games at the U.S. Cellular Arena in downtown Milwaukee), either for their home games or as a site for the Horizon League tournament...

QPR%20Sig.png

then your model would be perfect if they were tearing down the MECCA. No sense having 3 mid-large arenas in the same city, and Milwaukee is not even one of the larger ones (like Chicago, New York, L.A., etc). And the MECCA has to be up there in age...your arena seems to have a lot more luxury boxes and is a lot more state-of-the-art.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

wow! phenomenal work! that photoshopped rendering in the street scene really blows me away. You got my Tracker in one of the pictures :)

just a thought...if you think the Bradley center is too big, will going to a 12,000 seat arena really make much difference? If Milwaukee barely gets 6,000 per game, that's still only half capacity. Manchester, NH's Verizon Wirless Arena holds 9,500 for hockey, and that place gets very loud. Of course, they average almost 9,000 every game anyway, but it is built high, not wide, so the sound is really over the ice. I think if you want to have a smaller arena that feels very intimate, even with a smaller crowd, something between 8,000 and 10,000 would work better. Boston University is building an arena that holds somewhere around 7,500 (don't hold me to that number), and it will also function as a mid-size arena for the city for events and concerts, much like the 6,400 seat Paul Tsongas Arena here in Lowell does. If a big event was being held in Milwaukee, I'm not sure there would be much reason to hold it in a 12,000 seat venue if a 17,500-18,000 seat arena was very close by. Somewhere just under 10,000 does fill a void and makes it marketable to slightly smaller capacity events.

That being said, your architecture and rendering are amazing. That would make an awesome 12,000 seat arena, comparable to the Worcester Centrum Center, but much cozier and closer to the action. I'm sure your arena, if built, would be a great asset to Milwaukee.

I'm not Moser, but I think what he had in mind was using this arena to replace the old Mecca which is about the same capacity, but not really built for hockey. If a new arena was built, the Admirals would most likely be its main tennants which is probably why he drew it up with hockey in mind, but the Mecca is still full of events that would be accomodated by a facility this size.

Also if the AFL can somehow get through all that legal crap with the Mustangs owner and put a team back in Milwaukee, this would make the perfect home for them. They probably wouldn't have any trouble selling out the 12,000 seats.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Quoth Victor Romano, "INDEED!" The Wave would likely play there, too, am I correct?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

• 7 months later...
I thought I'd resurrect this thread from oblivion. I'm working on some stadium layouts for a proposed minor league baseball team in Topeka. I'll post some stuff as I make it. Does anyone else have anything new to add to this category?

I can't wait to see it. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

Lamicus posted his fantasy teams stadium. I saw the picture which was the Old Connie Mack Stadium. I didn't realize that an old park had captured a look that was in my head.

shibep02.jpg

This is the exterior of old Connie Mack Stadium. I love the looks of the stadium. The spire in the middle reminds me of the Kansas State Capital dome.

a155.jpg

This is the Old Rock Island Depot in Topeka. I like the Tower with the clock in it. Something like that would look cool and "Old School" on a ballpark.

I thought I'd resurrect this thread from oblivion. I'm working on some stadium layouts for a proposed minor league baseball team in Topeka. I'll post some stuff as I make it. Does anyone else have anything new to add to this category?

If I get any spare time, I might just draw up my idea for a downtown football stadium just north of Milwaukee (on the land formerly inhabited by the Park East Freeway)...

QPR%20Sig.png

I'm currently doing up the plans now for NIKE Stadium,which is my fantasy football team's new home they will begin playing in in the '05 season.I have all of the plans for it in my head and I'm doing sketches now with something bigger planned as the year progesses.It is going to be part of NIKE Park,which is to be a multi-sport complex with the crown-jewel being the Stadium and mostly consisting of youth sports fields for baseball,softball,soccer,and youth football,and also with

NIKE Courts,an 8-court indoor basketball complex for area leagues as well as for Univ. Arkansas-Monticello.I cant wait to get all of this done to show you guys,I'm just glad this thread was resurrected for that.

98Falcons.png

One thing I tried is to take the general layouts of some of the 1909-1915 era parks and put the cross section of their team's current park. That is, I took a cross section from PNC Park and placed it in a layout almost identical to that of Forbes Field. I may post a few examples later on.

all my designs are basically a seating layout....and on paint, gotta get Cad though....i have designed stadiums on paper, they are all Aussie Rules/ Cricket stadiums, then i did one good indoor multi-purpose stadium, it had every sport and somehow Aussie Rules and Cricket fitted in....it was a mad stadium, it is proabably still under my bed

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I don't know if this is really relavent, but a source that I look at everyday is the baseball page of a man named Andrew Clem from the DC area.

Clem's Baseball

This page has the field diagrams of every major stadium used in MLB since the beginning of the "Concrete and Steel" era. They also have diagrams of all of the stadiums in football setup if used that way. A fabulous source for work.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

I don't know if this is really relavent, but a source that I look at everyday is the baseball page of a man named Andrew Clem from the DC area.

Clem's Baseball

This page has the field diagrams of every major stadium used in MLB since the beginning of the "Concrete and Steel" era. They also have diagrams of all of the stadiums in football setup if used that way. A fabulous source for work.

Now if he can only get his facts straight. He said that the Argos moved into SkyDome in 1991 :blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived