Baseball Stadium Designing

ezreiter3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've wanted to do some stadium design for quite some time now. I've always been able to do the layouts from above, and the basic sketch from my imagination, but never really been able to execute them right. Well, that changed when I found this free program called Blender3D. Now some of the things I've wanted to do for awhile, might become reality. Stadium design, and a 3D template for my uniform concepts that could spin and such.

Anyway, here's step one. Learn the program. I always learn best buy doing, so I'm just jumping right in, working some tutorials if I get stuck. This program is pretty much limitless. Here are some of the things others have done:

http://www.blender3d.com/cms/Images.151.0.html

I've had this a week and these are my results thus far.

First off, this is a concept for my CBL team here on the boards, the Vermont Champs. They will be based in the town of Springfield, VT which was a large milling city in the day. Today the river is littered with old mills and waterfalls. I figured this was an excellent location for a medium to large baseball stadium.

Here's the ground I'm using:

champspark1.jpg

I started to get ideas by laying a stadium over this image. I saw the waterfall and thought, what a backdrop for a walkway. So there you go, we have a walkway and concourse for fans to watch the game from. A la' Pac Bell. Now there's an existing Mill there now. For this I wanted to include it into the stadium. Its now, the foul pole like in San Diego.

champspark.jpg

Next, I started rendering. Some cool elements you'll notice (at least I thought they were cool), seating on top and inside the mill (not added yet), a large fountain in center like the Kansas City Fountains, and a large hill near center. This is more a backdrop, but I wanted the backdrop completely free of stands for the view of the Green Mountains in the Background. (also not added) As you can tell, I don't know exactly what I'm doing. I haven't perfected making elements or adding lamps for light sources. I do have a movie of it (you can make fly throughs!) but its 24 mbs so I'll save all of you that.

Overall picture from center field.

champspark6.jpg

From Home Plate.

champspark3.jpg

The Mill and Bridge.

champspark5.jpg

I hope to have this much better one day, but I think I've got a good basic start so far. Comments?

Wow. Looks like you've put a lot of thought into this, PC.

I like the design, the waterfall sounds cool, and I thought I heard you say there was going to be a microbrewery in the mill. ;)

Couple of questions about the field -

Are you putting a higher wall in right field, kinda the opposite of Fenway?

It looks like there's a ramp in left field, what's that about?

Wow. Looks like you've put a lot of thought into this, PC.

I like the design, the waterfall sounds cool, and I thought I heard you say there was going to be a microbrewery in the mill. ;)

Couple of questions about the field -

Are you putting a higher wall in right field, kinda the opposite of Fenway?

It looks like there's a ramp in left field, what's that about?

Ok...I threw a bunch of stuff together and made up the "thought" process alright gordie? :P

But, ignore the "ramp." that's a typo. I'm still learning the program, so I don't know how to go back and fix things like the ground so its flat in that area. And you are right, it looks like right field does need to be moved back or a higher fense. Probably, higher fence when I get the chance.

Quad....the whole stadium is sponsored by lego and will be constructed entirely out of plastic. :)

Archived