Most Underused Animals in Logo Design

hettinger_rl

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought of another one today, the Wisent. Its basically a European Bison, but there are some physical differences. If Buffalo, NY has a sister-city in Europe it would be cool to see the Wisent Wills. (although the city name would have to be wisent in that case)

wisent.jpg

wisent_web.jpg

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

what about the lynx or ocelot?

This of course isn't in American pro sports, but the most successful hockey club in Finland is called Ilves, which means lynx. They've got a pretty old school logo:

500px-Tampereen_Ilveksen_logo.svg.png

Someone was talking about bats. It so happens to be, that for some reason a bat is an old symbol of luck in the city of Valencia, Spain. For that reason, both of their pro soccer teams have a bat on their logos.

Valencia_Cf_Logo_original.png

Escudo_rgb.png

A rhino and hippo. I saw a show the other day on Hippos and they are some mean SOB's. Don't let their portly look fool ya. I know when the Baltimore NFL expansion was on the table Baltimore Rhinos was one of the names on the short list. I would not have had a problem with that at all.

I give you the Hutto Hippos!

Hutto High School is in Central Texas.

cfiles8629.jpg

leander rowning club, henley on thames

Leander_Club.jpg

I think some school has Camels as their nickname, but outside of that, I've never seen any other school or team use Camels.

Other animals (or breeds of animals) I haven't seen too much, if at all:

Parrots

Tarantulas

Deer/Elk (Milwaukee Bucks, WHA's Michigan Stags, as well as a handful of schools are about it)

Goats (Aside from their relative, Rams)

Crabs (Aside from the Lakewood Blue Claws)

Dog (and one Cat) breeds:

Mastiffs

Rottweilers

Pit Bulls:

staffordshire_bull_terrier.jpg

Maine Coons:

coonbig.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

First...that has got to be the biggest :censored:in house kitty I've ever seen.

Second...has this thread now reached the point where it degenerates (as all threads of this type do) into naming animals no one else can think of, or has ever seen?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think some school has Camels as their nickname, but outside of that, I've never seen any other school or team use Camels.

Connecticut College and Campbell University

Don't know of many teams named the Roosters. The only team that comes to mind is The North Adelaide Football Club, a state league Australian football team in South Australia.

north-adelaide.gif

Game Cocks are roosters

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Archived