Padres considering new uniforms in 2011.

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the current colors that they use, what I hate is the script "Padres" and road "San Diego" along with the friggin' cutesy serif numbers. I hate cutesy numbers. Use either the of the fonts in the 80's and they'd look good. By the way, were the road uniforms more yellow when they were first introduced? I swear they've gotten lighter over the years.

It's supposed to match this color:

SanDiegoPadresRUKhaki_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

But who knows what is actually being used...the more I learn about this stuff, the more I come to realize that standards don't mean anything.

I guess you can count me in the minority when I say that the Padres shouldn't change a thing. Their current look is very representative of San Diego. I could see the Padres getting a powder blue alternate road uniform with their current graphics -- powder blue is, after all, part of the team's current color palette.

I know the new Padres ownership isn't fond of the current look, they want to move away from the "home plate" logo and prefer just the simple interlocking SD. I could see them changing.

I hope they go with that brown/yellow look from the 70s. Very unique in a MLB that is awash with blue and red(more than half the teams have blue or red in their color scheme).

I like the current colors that they use, what I hate is the script "Padres" and road "San Diego" along with the friggin' cutesy serif numbers. I hate cutesy numbers. Use either the of the fonts in the 80's and they'd look good. By the way, were the road uniforms more yellow when they were first introduced? I swear they've gotten lighter over the years.

It's supposed to match this color:

SanDiegoPadresRUKhaki_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

But who knows what is actually being used...the more I learn about this stuff, the more I come to realize that standards don't mean anything.

Oh, and here's the Textile color that I think the Padres are using:

SanDiegoPadresRUKhaki_9999_TEX_SRGB.png

I think the Padres actually got it just right on the first try, and have been going downhill ever since:

44501978.jpg

35521_01_lg.jpg

45256_01_lg.jpg

padres.jpg

Gorgeous, distinctive color scheme. It works better with two colors, before they added orange, which made the whole thing garish.

seconded! i'd sign on for this set in a heartbeat.

I'll give it a third. When I think of the Padres in brown and gold, this set never comes to mind. But if that combo was used this way, I could absolutely see it returning. (I don't mind DustDevil's idea of modifying their current set with brown, either.)

I'll give it a fourth. I've loved these from day one.

Fifth! Simple and classy. Not a bad thing in baseball. Especially with the two-toned stirrups.

Since I'm a Cubs fan I can't really get behind the Gwynn-era McDonald's uniforms, and I never much cared for the brown-orange that followed. I did, however, like the All-Star Game-era with the blue and Orange, especially the understated road set with the drop-shadow.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

nl_1979_sandiego.gifnl_1976_sandiego.gif

I'd like to see them use either of those looks. Very distinctive in today's MLB while still paying tribute to the team's history.

No. This set is clearly the 2nd worst in Padres history behind the all yellows. It's just one step above or is that below what they currently wear.

Fifth! Simple and classy. Not a bad thing in baseball. Especially with the two-toned stirrups.

Since I'm a Cubs fan I can't really get behind the Gwynn-era McDonald's uniforms, and I never much cared for the brown-orange that followed. I did, however, like the All-Star Game-era with the blue and Orange, especially the understated road set with the drop-shadow.

Thank you for not quoting all of those pictures for a 5th time :P

I actually like the Padres current set, and have never really understood the love for the brown/yellow look (with the exception of the 1969 version posted here). Their current identity isn't super original/stands out a ton, no, but it's classy-looking. I'd dump the blue alt and call it good.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Thank you for not quoting all of those pictures for a 5th time :P

I actually like the Padres current set, and have never really understood the love for the brown/yellow look (with the exception of the 1969 version posted here). Their current identity isn't super original/stands out a ton, no, but it's classy-looking. I'd dump the blue alt and call it good.

I agree about not really liking the brown/yellow look. I'm not really a fan of the color brown in general to be honest, so that might be it, but I just think that color combination is pretty garish.

nbc96s.jpg

That was posted as a "tweak" on Uni Watch a while back, and I'm in love with it. I think San Diego could honestly pull off a sky blue-ish road uni.

330zl3b.png

Wow, that is unbelievably awesome. I would love to see them wear powder blue.

Count me in the group that doesn't want them to change. I hate when teams change on a spur of the moment and the current uniforms haven't been around for long enough to justify a change.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived