Padres considering new uniforms in 2011.

ANGELCAT-IDA61

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the brown/yellow. If the Padres are going to switch at all, the only good choice is back to blue and orange.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

classic isn't always better. out of the pictures in this thread the light blue uniform is the best. no pro franchise is going to switch to brown and yellow?

IMO the Padres wouldn't be switching to brown and gold. Their color scheme IS brown and gold, they just haven't been wearing it. Navy blue is not their colors... it's some other team's colors. In fact, its damn near EVERY other team's colors. That reason alone is enough to go back to brown / gold (leaving out the fact that it looks awesome)... have some originality for God's sake.

Count me in the group that doesn't want them to change. I hate when teams change on a spur of the moment and the current uniforms haven't been around for long enough to justify a change.

This is the seventh season the Padres have worn the current design, which ought to be more than enough time to realize how bad they are.

no pro franchise is going to switch to brown and yellow?

Why is that? Brown is all around in fashion and apparel. Look at various skater, snow boarder, 20 something apparel. Brown is used a lot. I think it would be very smart of them to stand out, away from the navy blue crowd.

Hacksaw Hamilton metioned it last week and im hoping that Brown and Orange make a comeback.

Wait!!! Good ol' "Butterknife" is still on the air?! Good for Lee.

DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE PADRES WEAR THROWBACK COLORS!?! POWAY!!! RANCHO BERNARDO!!! REACT TO ME!!!!

VmWIn6B.png

It's been said before, but I think the Padres should go with either a brown/light blue combo or navy/tan. Either one is a highly underused combination that would definitely stand out, and still fit the scheme of San Diego.

I love the current home script, but the road script is too much its own unique logo rather than a consistent style of the home version. There's an earlier "San Diego" script that used serifs, it may have been from around '69 or '70 that I think would work well in this identity.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 2 weeks later...

The Padres wore some retro brown and gold jerseys today... any comments? I dont think they looked very good, and hope they dont return to something like that (although they did have an awesome finish.)

LOVED them! Only saw highlights, but I was shocked to see them...or even like them.

capt.5d60871e8aff478f973c4706b1de360c-5d60871e8aff478f973c4706b1de360c-0.jpg

87Redskins.png

Archived