CCSLC 2010 NCAA Power Rankings

Gary

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Boise State - Unlike the nonsensical BCS and the biased press, I'm not docking them because VT lost to an FCS team. The Broncos didn't play, so they didn't lose, and they're staying at my top spot.

2. Alabama - I hate the Tide but I have to give them props for a dominating win over Penn State. Now if only they'd play Boise...

3. Ohio State - I love it when the Canes lose. The Buckeyes could be a really good team but special teams obviously needs some work.

4. TCU - On a wild day of many upsets, TCU took care of business and slaughtered Tennessee Tech. Not exactly a quality win, though, so they're not in the top 3.

5. Oklahoma - I also love it when the Noles lose. Oklahoma absolutely slaughtered FSU, exposing their defense as not very good at all and destroying them in all aspects of the game. They could be a top three team by the end of the year if they keep this level of play up.

6. Iowa

7. Texas

8. Florida

9. South Carolina

10. Michigan

-∞. Virginia Tech - A shocker, and a total embarrassment. Ranked teams should not lose to FCS teams, and VT might not recover from this for a while. After all, Michigan's still trying to recover from the loss to Appalachian State. VT got outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached by James Madison, and everyone involved except for Ryan Williams should hang their heads in shame. It will take a long time for the Hokies to live this one down.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1. Boise State - Unlike the nonsensical BCS and the biased press, I'm not docking them because VT lost to an FCS team. The Broncos didn't play, so they didn't lose, and they're staying at my top spot.

4. TCU - On a wild day of many upsets, TCU took care of business and slaughtered Tennessee Tech. Not exactly a quality win, though, so they're not in the top 3.

You are an idiot "voting" with your heart instead of your head.

If you're going to knock TCU because they slaughtered an overmatched opponent, why are you crediting BSU with defeating a quality opponent that's currently 0-2 and just lost to an FCS team?

Virginia Tech actually put up a fight against Boise and are a traditional, competitive program, and I'm guessing their loss to JMU is partially due to lingering exhaustion from the Boise game. TCU steamrolled over an FCS team they were expected to beat. There's a difference.

Can I have some of whatever you're on? As I do not buy the "exhaustion" bit.

Virginia Tech actually put up a fight against Boise and are a traditional, competitive program, and I'm guessing their loss to JMU is partially due to lingering exhaustion from the Boise game. TCU steamrolled over an FCS team they were expected to beat. There's a difference.

Virginia Tech lost to an FCS team they were expected to beat. Virginia Tech is currently 0-2, and has yet to play a road game.

And if you want to play the old numbers game, JMU beat VT by more points on the road than BSU did on a neutral site. (Not that I really put much stock in that argument.)

I'm guessing

Yeah, that pretty much sums up your skills as a pollster.

Virginia Tech lost to an FCS team they were expected to beat. Virginia Tech is currently 0-2, and has yet to play a road game.

And if you want to play the old numbers game, JMU beat VT by more points on the road than BSU did on a neutral site. (Not that I really put much stock in that argument.)

I'm guessing

Yeah, that pretty much sums up your skills as a pollster.

Lights Out is probably the second most annoying homer on these boards, but that pretty much sums up EVERYONE'S skills as a poster. Let's be honest.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I missed it so it won't count in the overall but still my Week 3 N.E Top 10

Week 3 N.E Top 10 (LW)

1. Alabama Crimson Tide (1) @ Duke

2. Ohio State Buckeyes (2) vs. Ohio

3. Oregon Ducks (5) vs. Portland State

4. Boise State Broncos (2) @ Wyoming

5. Texas Longhorns (4) @ Texas Tech

6. TCU Horned Frogs (6) vs. Baylor

7. Nebraska Cornhuskers (7) @ Washington

8. Oklahoma Sooners (NR) vs. Air Force

9. Iowa Hawkeyes (8) @ Arizona

10. Florida Gators (9) @ Tennessee

My Game of the Week of teams outside my Top 10

Clemson @ #16 Auburn

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Starting with the AP top 15 then using my "would I bet money on this team to beat everyone below them" system.

1. Alabama

2. Oklahoma

3. Ohio State

4. Texas

5. Florida

6. Oregon

7. LSU

8. Iowa

9. Boise State

10. Nebraska

Sorry TCU but I don't see a team before South Carolina that I'd bet on you to beat.

BB52Big.jpg

Here's (finally) the Week 2 CCSLC Rankings!

RK  SCHOOL           LW  FP
1 Alabama 1 8
2 Ohio State 2
3 Boise State 4 1
4 Oregon 5 1
4 Texas Christian 10
6 Texas 3
7 Nebraska 9
7 Miami (FL) --
9 Florida 7
10 Oklahoma 8

Dropped Out: Virginia Tech (6)

Others Receiving Votes: Virginia Tech 10, Iowa 9, Wisconsin 9, Georgia Tech 3, South Carolina 2, Jacksonville State 1, North Dakota State 1

6fQjS3M.png

Lights Out is probably the second most annoying homer on these boards.

I'm the most annoying with my incessant Ohio State homer posts right? :D

Sure...if you want to be. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Lights Out is probably the second most annoying homer on these boards.

I'm the most annoying with my incessant Ohio State homer posts right? biggrin.gif

Sure...if you want to be. tongue.gif

I agree with Red, those damn Ohio State posts piss me right off. wacko.gif

Archived