4. Oklahoma (6) @ #10 Missouri

5. Auburn (7) vs. #8 LSU

6. Alabama (8) @ Tennessee

7. Michigan State (9) @ Northwestern

8. LSU (10) @ #5 Auburn

9. Ohio State (1) vs. Purdue

10. Missouri (NR) vs. #4 Oklahoma

Games of the Week

#4 Oklahoma @ #10 Missouri (Tigers chance to take the Big 12 by storm)

#8 LSU @ #5 Auburn (Winner has inside track to the SEC West crown)

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People might call me a homer for picking Nebraska #9, but I still think they're Top Ten material, even with a loss to Texas. Your QB doesn't lead the nation in rushing TD by accident. Martinez and crew are still explosive, and after a loss to UT, they'll be chomping at the bit to hang 50 points on someone.

Auburn also gets love for still being 7-0 in the SEC, but LSU does not because right now they're just pulling wins out of their ass (see Tennessee). Boise and TCU are top 5 teams, in my opinion, but barely. Utah is a placeholder until they fall off after losing to TCU.

I see Oregon losing one, maybe two games this year and Oklahoma will have a tough challenge against Oklahoma State and presumably Nebraska in the CCG. If I had to put money on the title game today I'd say Auburn and Boise State.

1. Oregon

2. Oklahoma

3. Auburn

4. Boise State

5. TCU

6. Michigan State

7. Utah

8. Ohio State

9. Nebraska

10. Alabama

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I honestly think that Missouri has become the new "dark horse" favorite in the national media.

- Beat win over Illinois

- Blowout of McNeese State

- Barely won (by a FG) over San Diego State

- Blowout of Miami-OH

- Shutout of Colorado

- Blowout of Texas A&M

The two best teams they've played this season are Illinois and Texas A&M, which are bottom-half teams in their respective conferences at best. Missouri has a strong defense, but I don't see them beating Oklahoma or Nebraska. They're fortunate to avoid Texas and Oklahoma State this season, but even Kansas State looks like they could pose a challenge to the Tigers.

Does anyone see them beating Oklahoma this weekend?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I honestly think that Missouri has become the new "dark horse" favorite in the national media.

- Beat win over Illinois

- Blowout of McNeese State

- Barely won (by a FG) over San Diego State

- Blowout of Miami-OH

- Shutout of Colorado

- Blowout of Texas A&M

The two best teams they've played this season are Illinois and Texas A&M, which are bottom-half teams in their respective conferences at best. Missouri has a strong defense, but I don't see them beating Oklahoma or Nebraska. They're fortunate to avoid Texas and Oklahoma State this season, but even Kansas State looks like they could pose a challenge to the Tigers.

Does anyone see them beating Oklahoma this weekend?

Yes. Faurot Field at Night, Blaine Gabbert is a very good QB and Oklahoma hasn't impressed me one bit It will be a Big 12 shootout. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Truman conquers Boomer Sooner.

Yes. Faurot Field at Night, Blaine Gabbert is a very good QB and Oklahoma hasn't impressed me one bit It will be a Big 12 shootout. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Truman conquers Boomer Sooner.

I just think that Mizzou is a tale of two cities this year. They beat an Illinois team that almost upset Ohio State and they got a quality win on the road against Texas A&M. Don't forget the Colorado shutout. While the Buffs are down, they're not completely out.

But then they struggled against San Jose State? This weekend's game will clear up a lot about the Big 12 and Missouri's chances at reaching a BCS Bowl.

UyDgMWP.jpg

Week 9 N.E Top 10

1. Oregon (1) @ USC

2. Auburn (5) @ Mississippi State

3. TCU (3) @ UNLV

4. Boise State (2) vs. Louisiana Tech

5. Alabama (6) BYE WEEK

6. Michigan State (7) @ Iowa

7. Missouri (10) @ Nebraska

8. Wisconsin (NR) BYE WEEK

9. Ohio State (9) @ Minnesota

10. Utah (NR) @ Air Force

Game of the Week

#7 Missouri @ #14 Nebraska (Winner should be Big 12 North Champ)

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. Boise State

4. Michigan State

5. Missouri

6. TCU

7. Alabama

8. Wisconsin

9. Ohio State

10. Nebraska

11. Utah

12. Oklahoma

13. LSU

14. Stanford

15. Florida State

UyDgMWP.jpg

At this point, this is no better than throwing darts or pulling names out of a freaking hat:

1. Oregon 7-0
  2. Boise State 6-0
  3. Auburn 8-0
  4. Texas Christian 8-0
  5. Alabama 7-1
  6. Utah 7-0
  7. Missouri 7-0
  8. Michigan State 8-0
  9. Ohio State 7-1
  10. Wisconsin 7-1

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. Boise State

4. TCU

5. Missouri

6. Alabama

7. Michigan State

8. Utah

9. Wisconsin

10. Oklahoma

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

College Football Power Rankings

After Week 8

1.Oregon (+1)

2.Auburn (+1)

3.Michigan State (+1)

4.Alabama (+1)

5.Utah (+1)

6.Boise State (+1)

7.Missouri (NR)

8.TCU (=)

9.Oklahoma (-8)

10.Wisconsin (=)

11.Ohio State (+1)

12.Arizona (NR)

13.Nebraska (+2)

14.Florida State (=)

15.Iowa (-6)

16.LSU (-5)

17.Stanford (-3)

18.Arkansas (NR)

19.South Carolina (NR)

20.Oklahoma State (NR)

21.Miami (FL) (NR)

22.Virginia Tech (NR)

23.USC (NR)

24.Baylor (NR)

25.East Carolina (NR)

f9hclkzyftlynvgb1wgf.gif406.gifefanypa3xc41fh4f0w2pgy7fp.gifc0whfsa9j0vbs079opk2s05lx.gif

Week 10 Picks

1.Oregon

2.Auburn

3.Boise State

4.TCU

5.Alabama

6.Nebraska

7.Wisconsin

8.Utah

9.Oklahoma

10. Ohio State

UyDgMWP.jpg

Archived