2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will Alabama repeat? Will Rich Rodriguez finally bring the prestige back into the Michigan program? Who will be the new Tebow? All this and more coming this year

No. GO BUCKS! (like you didn't know that was going to happen?) :D

BB52Big.jpg

Will Alabama repeat? Will Rich Rodriguez finally bring the prestige back into the Michigan program? Who will be the new Tebow? All this and more coming this year

No. GO BUCKS! (like you didn't know that was going to happen?) biggrin.gif

My prediction is Michigan will suck, they beat Ohio State, bring in Harbaugh and defeat Ohio State 10 in a row afterwards :P. Here's to a great year of trash talk

I just hope the Seminoles actually resemble a half-decent college football team this year. Oh--and Jimbo Fisher, you're up. First year without dadgum Bobby B is going to be a strange one.

Beyond that, I'm also interested to see how "Ice Cold" Jacory Harris develops during this third year quarterbacking the Hurricanes. I think he seriously might be a dark horse Heisman candidate this year if he continues to improve from last year. Speaking of QBs, I think I'll also be keeping an eye on Ryan Mallet to see how he progresses. Will Mark Ingram improve? Who knows. And, it seems each season, a new program or crop of programs seems to creep up on the nation's conscience and manage to make some noise. happened last year with East Carolina. A year or two before that, Nevada was one. I'm curious as to who it might be this year.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Will Nebraska take a Conference Title with them on the way out the door?

Will Indiana continue to discover new and morbidly entertaining ways to suck? And is harpooning all of your program building credibility (such as it is) really worth $3 million?

Will Illinois and Colorado actually find the money to fire their ridiculously incompetent coaches?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Will Nebraska take a Conference Title with them on the way out the door?

Oh God, I hope they do. It'd continue to show that sports in the US are turning into Pro Wrestling circa 1996-99 more and more every day...It'd be like Alundra Blayze or w/e her name was jumping from WWF to WCW, only to take the Women's title with her and dump the title in the trash. It'd be so awesome to see Nebraska win the Big XII, then completely :censored: on it in public afterwards. Likely? No. Awesome? At least to me, yes. :P

As for my rooting interests...Dan Mullen has no-doubt learned by now that the only thing that Mississippi State fans want at this point is just to make it to a damn bowl. That's all I want. Barring something unforeseen, that's all that's really feasible for me as a fan. So yeah, 6-7 wins or bust for me. Go State Go.

Picked up NCAA Football 11 today so I'm officially into College Football Mode.

Everyone's darkhorse last year was Ole Miss and they failed hard. Can Arkansas do what Ole Miss couldn't and overtake Alabama in the West.

Ryan Mallett is probably the Heisman favorite heading in this year as well.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

WOW,this just came completely out of nowhere

Bobby Johnson resigns as Vanderbilt's football coach

Wow, what could've happened that would cause a head coach of an SEC football team (lol) to resign this close to the regular season? As if it wasn't hard enough for the Commodores, now they have 2 months to somehow right the ship. Not good for them at all.

Wow ^, Vandy was actually good a couple times in the past 6 or 7 years. I agree with NEW.ERA I think Mallett's going to be good this year but hopefully Alabama can hold them off haha. NCAA 11 is probably the best EA Sports football game yet. I can't wait for September to get here, it's going to be a nerve-racking year though since my teams on top and usually anyone who starts there can't finish there but I still like Alabama's chances.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Wow ^, Vandy was actually good a couple times in the past 6 or 7 years. I agree with NEW.ERA I think Mallett's going to be good this year but hopefully Alabama can hold them off haha. NCAA 11 is probably the best EA Sports football game yet. I can't wait for September to get here, it's going to be a nerve-racking year though since my teams on top and usually anyone who starts there can't finish there but I still like Alabama's chances.

He did not just resign, he retired. He did not disclose when he his mind was made up to leave.

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=vand&media=183254

No prediction on bowls or awards, but here's the teams I predict to win the auto-BCS conferences. I've picked the top three for conferences without a split division format and the top 4 (2 in each division, plus overall champ) in the three conferences with a split division format.

=====================

PAC 10

1. Washington

2. Oregon

3. Oregon State

=====================

BIG TEN

1. Ohio State

2. Iowa

3. Wisconsin

=====================

BIG EAST

1. Cincinnati

2. West Virginia

3. Pittsburgh

=====================

ACC-ATLANTIC

1. Clemson

2. Florida State

ACC-COASTAL

1. Virginia Tech

2. North Carolina

CONF. CHAMP: Virginia Tech

=====================

SEC-EAST

1. Georgia

2. Florida

SEC-WEST

1. Alabama

2. Arkansas

CONF. CHAMP: Georgia

=====================

BIG 12-NORTH

1. Nebraska

2. Missouri

BIG 12-SOUTH

1. Oklahoma

2. Texas

CONF. CHAMP: Nebraska

=====================

So in summary: Washington, Ohio State, Cincinnati, Virginia Tech, Georgia and Nebraska will automatically get BCS berths for winning their conferences. If I had to pick two teams out of that mix to play for a national title, I'd say Ohio State and Virginia Tech could probably go undefeated more easily than any of the others.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Out of all the gridiron football leagues/associations, my favorite by far is the NFL. Maybe I could get into college football if they change how they decide their champion (but that debate is for another time.) Still though, I'll probably watch a game or two and maybe make a few more posts in this thread, but for those who like college football, enjoy the season.

Out of all the gridiron football leagues/associations, my favorite by far is the NFL. Maybe I could get into college football if they change how they decide their champion (but that debate is for another time.) Still though, I'll probably watch a game or two and maybe make a few more posts in this thread, but for those who like college football, enjoy the season.

So basically you stopped by to tell us that you don't like college football and you aren't interested in this thread? Thanks for the input. B)

BB52Big.jpg

I just hope the Seminoles actually resemble a half-decent college football team this year. Oh--and Jimbo Fisher, you're up. First year without dadgum Bobby B is going to be a strange one.

Beyond that, I'm also interested to see how "Ice Cold" Jacory Harris develops during this third year quarterbacking the Hurricanes. I think he seriously might be a dark horse Heisman candidate this year if he continues to improve from last year. Speaking of QBs, I think I'll also be keeping an eye on Ryan Mallet to see how he progresses. Will Mark Ingram improve? Who knows. And, it seems each season, a new program or crop of programs seems to creep up on the nation's conscience and manage to make some noise. happened last year with East Carolina. A year or two before that, Nevada was one. I'm curious as to who it might be this year.

I think Central Florida will be a team that really improves this year. I really have no idea how their defense is, but I think RB Brynn Harvey will have an even better year that last season.

I'm calling it now: Boise State vs. Ohio State for all the marbles. Or at least Boise State vs. anyone. Kellen Moore is amazing and one of the best quarterbacks in college football right now, a true Heisman contender. To all the haters that whine about their conference and their schedule: do not count out the Broncos. They're for real.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived