2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Reports are that Norm Chow is out at the OC at UCLA to be replaced by Mike Johnson (most recently 49ers OC). Chow looks to be take a position at Utah.

Football Rumor Mill is generally the "source" which ESPN will run with before attaching an employee's name to their "Breaking

News".

I hope the Utah news is true. I've always considered him a solid assistant, I'd like to see what he could do here. Not to mention, he is also a Utah alum, lettering three years in football for the Utes.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Shaw will be Stanford's new HC.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

http://sports.espn.g...er_espn_6015733

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon says quarterback Tate Forcier is no longer with the program.

Brandon made the announcement during a news conference Wednesday after introducing Brady Hoke as the new coach for college football's winningest team.

He'll be another Mallett, someone who with the right team and help will do great things

http://sports.espn.g...er_espn_6015733

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon says quarterback Tate Forcier is no longer with the program.

Brandon made the announcement during a news conference Wednesday after introducing Brady Hoke as the new coach for college football's winningest team.

He'll be another Mallett, someone who with the right team and help will do great things

Except Forcier's departure was related to academics.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Cam Newton is going pro. In other news, the sky is blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Cam Newton is going pro. In other news, the sky is blue.

And it's JaMarcus Russell Part Deux. He'll be a bad NFL quarterback that someone will stupidly take a chance on. My guess, the Raiders will draft him in Round 1.

When Coach P was with Syracuse, the Big East was still relevant. (Also, I was still living on the east coast then. And, Virginia Tech and Miami were both good and in the conference then..)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

ISHH JUST GOT REAL in the Syracuse-UConn football rivalry

Coach P to coach the Huskies 6 years after the Orange fired him

This could get interesting.

Interesting for who exactly? It's Big East football. Who gives a :censored:? :P

It is "interesting" in we can now ask UConn, WTF are you doing with this program long term?

Paul Pasqualoni is now 62 and he has not been around the college game for six years as he has been in Dallas and Miami. More importantly, he has not been looking at and recruiting the players of the northeast, where UConn gets most of their players.

In a era in which Maryland fired a 62 year old coach (Ralph Friedgen), and Michigan did not hire a 57 year old coach (Les Miles), what is their long term plan to compete in the Big East with TCU coming in?

Norm Chow to Utah is official.

YES. Now maybe he can develop Jordan Wynn like he did a few other noteworthy quarterbacks. I'm very glad to hear this.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

YES. Now maybe he can develop Jordan Wynn like he did a few other noteworthy quarterbacks. I'm very glad to hear this.

But what and how long will that take? He may have a spring to instill his offense, and two season for him to improve.

• 4 weeks later...

I did not want to start a TV revenue thread, but here is a Pac-12 TV contract update.

From the linked Mercury News blog (It is LONG, so I cut parts some parts out):

First, the status: We?re in the middle of an exclusive negotiating window for the league?s existing partners, which is another way of saying it?s all about Fox right now.

I?m not sure of the exact date the exclusive window closes and other networks (Comcast/NBC?) came come to the table ? probably early May ? but the negotiating process could take months ? or it could take weeks if Fox comes with an offer the conference can?t refuse.

The network paid a huge amount for the rights to the 2011 Pac-12 football title game, and several sources told me that was the Fox way of saying: We want your business over the long haul.

Regarding the one-year, $25 million deal Fox signed to broadcast the title game in December and regular-season games that came about as a result of expansion:

Yes, the total is $25 million, and the title game is about $14.5 million of that, but it?s difficult to separate the two because the only reason there?s a title game in the first place is expansion ? the two pieces are inextricably linked. The $25 million is a gross number ? you have to extract expenses and sponsorship rights and such.

As noted in a previous Hotline post, I believe Fox is the favorite to land the Pac-12 media rights contract ? perhaps the overwhelming favorite.

And if not Fox, then probably Comcast/NBC.

According to my sources, there is no indication that ESPN will be willing to pay what the Pac-12 wants or provide the exposure opportunities the Pac-12 is seeking. ?ESPN has no place to put them,? one analyst said.

Consider this: The Pac-12 is looking for a deal in the $140-150 million range, which, when combined with BCS and March Madness money, would push the league?s total revenue beyond the $170 million benchmark established by the CEOs last fall.

Oh great, we're gonna have to suffer through Joe Buck calling Pac-12 games?

Archived