2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wellp...look like Shoelace done hurt himself. More info to come...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wellp...look like Shoelace done hurt himself. More info to come...

And Tate Forcier is still on the sidelines. From SI coverboy to 3rd stringer? Ouch.

I betcha someone's transferring after the season. It worked out well for the last high profile QB to transfer from Big Blue, though.

EDIT: Well, Forcier is playing now. Good for him, I guess.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

By the way, that giant burp you heard from Big Ten country was all the cupcakes they whupped on today...

-Wisconsin drops 70 (!) on hapless Austin Peay

-Michigan State, despite not having D'Antonio, rips Northern Colorado apart

-Yes, Shoelace got hurt. Didn't matter as Michigan destroyed Bowling Green.

-Iowa recovered from the Arizona hangover by dropping Ball State on it's head.

Yeah... Nice way to prepare for conference play.

By the way, that giant burp you heard from Big Ten country was all the cupcakes they whupped on today...

Tell that to Purdue.

Tell that to Purdue.

That's because Purdue had issues with Toledo... I saw Arizona just whip the Rockets back in the early part of season on their home field. I know Purdue isn't as good as Arizona, but they shouldn't have that much of an issue with a weaker team in Toledo. That's just me, though.

Over/Under week 7 Denard Robinson blows out an ankle, cause he doesn't tie his shoes?

Still taking bets on this one...

Today was just a precursor

He injured his KNEE on a TACKLE. What does that have to do with shoes?

Robinson got his nickname 'Shoelace' because he never tied his shoes when he plays. The joke here is that he could of hurt himself by tripping on an untied shoelace.

If Week 2 was billed as "Monster Saturday", then this week is quickly shaping up to be Upset Saturday...in a big way.

- Who saw Temple coming this year? Currently they're up on JoePa's Nittany Lions with a little over a quarter to go.

- Ryan Mallet is trying real hard to get his name out front of the Heisman convo...with the help of Arkansas' D. Damn sho' didn't see that coming (Arkansas' D showing up, that is). But then, somehow I don't think this is that big of a surprise to most people (it isn't to me, anyway). Still a lot of game left, though. 'Bama betta brang it if they wanna hold on to that #1 spot, else their name's going to get crossed out in scarlet ink.

- And can someone explain just what the heck is going on down in Austin? How does 1-2 UCLA run up into Austin, run onto the field against the nation's top-ranked run defense and proceed to run all through the Longhorns? That pistol UCLA's firing off is shooting holes all up in Texas' D right now.

- Tennessee damn near got themselves into this conversation, but ended up pulling off a double OT win over Alabama-Birmingham.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Penn State had to struggle to get past Temple, of all teams. I'm afraid to see what happens when they play a good team. Too bad there's only 12 of those in the country - I don't see any on Penn State's schedule.

This, maybe?

I would think the resident college football expert would remember them playing the top ranked team. Don't take this as me saying they did well, just that they did play a good team. Unless you have some backward as reasoning for thinking Bama isn't a good team, which I'm sure you do.

IUe6Hvh.png

Penn State had to struggle to get past Temple, of all teams. I'm afraid to see what happens when they play a good team. Too bad there's only 12 of those in the country - I don't see any on Penn State's schedule.

This, maybe?

I would think the resident college football expert would remember them playing the top ranked team. Don't take this as me saying they did well, just that they did play a good team. Unless you have some backward as reasoning for thinking Bama isn't a good team, which I'm sure you do.

No, Alabama is one of the top 12 teams in the country. I meant that going forward, they don't play any more of the 12 best teams in the country.

LvZYtbZ.png

As of my post...

I will mock

in terms of using Carmina Burana/O Fortuna.

For the following teams, play this: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qjvqY-U9gV0&feature=related

Notre Dame: Ohhhh. With a new coach, Notre Dame, you are 1-3! You cannot play defense. Your coach looks lost with playing a pro set. What will occur with probation USC?

Your only win is against Purdue, who lost to Toledo! Ahhhh!

Arkansas: You placed your season into this game! You asked Erin Andrews to interview your QB for the Alabama game. Ryan Mallett, where were you in the second half? Running game, where were you in each of the 60 minutes?

Bobby Petrino??? You had this game if you could run the ball. Bobby, you have proved to Saban that you were BOTH an inferior college AND NFL coach! Ahhhhhh! Walton family, Tyson Foods, and Jerry Jones...another year to hate Clint Stoener for keeping you from a BCS game. Ahhhhh!

Texas: Mack, what happened? You should've been ready for "The Pistol" since you can carry a concealed weapon in Texas! Did the carriage turn back into a pumpkin today with your recruits failing to preform, the former "Mr. February"? 1 INT, 4 Fumbles? @ home? Ahhhhh.

BYU: You did not sell out today...You elected to go independent but have a poor team to market to sponsors...You have no bowl tie in...How does "the Mtn. Network" talk positively about you???? Will your future opponents back out since it appears that you may still stink in two years???

I could go on

As of my post...

I will mock

in terms of using Carmina Forina/O Fortuna.

For the following teams, play this: http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=qjvqY-U9gV0&feature=related

Notre Dame: Ohhhh. With a new coach, Notre Dame, you are 1-3! You cannot play defense. Your coach looks lost with playing a pro set. What will occur with probation USC?

Arkansas: You placed your season into this game! You asked Erin Andrews to interview your QB for the Alabama game. Ryan Mallett, where were you in the second half? Running game, where were you in each of the 60 minutes?

Bobby Petrino??? You had this game if you could run the ball. Bobby, you have proved to Saban that you were BOTH an inferior college AND NFL coach! Ahhhhhh! Walton family, Tyson Foods, and Jerry Jones...another year to hate Clint Stoener for keeping you from a BCS game. Ahhhhh!

Texas: Mack, what happened? You should've been ready for "The Pistol" since you can carry a concealed weapon in Texas! Did the carriage turn back into a pumpkin today with your recruits failing to preform, the former "Mr. February"? 1 INT, 4 Fumbles? @ home? Ahhhhh.

BYU: You did not sell out today...You elected to go independent but have a poor team to market to sponsors...You have no bowl tie in...How does "the Mtn. Network" talk positively about you???? Will your future opponents back out since it appears that you may still stink in two years???

I could go on

BYU will regret that decision.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

As of my post...

I will mock

in terms of using Carmina Burana/O Fortuna.

I could go on

BYU will regret that decision.

I am glad "4caster Frank" gives BYU a five word reply on why that will backfire since he was rarely in .

No, Alabama is one of the top 12 teams in the country. I meant that going forward, they don't play any more of the 12 best teams in the country.

OK will, maybe it's time you start supporting your arguments. In your opinion, who are the top 12 teams in the country?

(this should be good.)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived