2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Why all this hot seat talk about Mark Richt? Georgia is still in the top 10, according to the Will Morris Bat:censored: Crazy Poll. They're just playing the greatest teams ever assembled on a weekly basis.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow "Mullened" doesn't have the same "punch" as "Croomed"

/Richt is sooooo fired.

Maybe because Mullen's actually showing signs of hope for the program, instead of losing to squads like Maine.

Also, for some reason I doubt that Richt is on the hotseat since UGA's fans actually show signs of patience...but I wouldn't be surprised if he is. 0-3 in the SEC is not a good look at all, even without AJ Green. This was basically a must-win for them & they crapped the bed in a big way. Some real bad penalties & extremely inopportune turnovers (They had a fumble on MSU's one yard line, which is just a damn shame) killed them tonight.

I dunno, when fanbases break out kitten pictures, it usually doesn't bode well for the future of the coaching staff.

Aren't they precious?

Ok, I overestimated their patience. :P

UGA better start winning & fast, for Richt's sake.

Somehow "Mullened" doesn't have the same "punch" as "Croomed"

/Richt is sooooo fired.

Maybe because Mullen's actually showing signs of hope for the program, instead of losing to squads like Maine.

Also, for some reason I doubt that Richt is on the hotseat since UGA's fans actually show signs of patience...but I wouldn't be surprised if he is. 0-3 in the SEC is not a good look at all, even without AJ Green. This was basically a must-win for them & they crapped the bed in a big way. Some real bad penalties & extremely inopportune turnovers (They had a fumble on MSU's one yard line, which is just a damn shame) killed them tonight.

This is the first time I've started to doubt Richt's coaching abilities.

UGA's had these multiple top-10 recruiting classes, but very little to show for it (at least, compared to the other schools that are annually in the top-10). They've have discipline problems both on and off the field. And now, the losses are starting to pile up, and in a hurry. The last couple seasons have reminded me of the Ray Goff era.

Every time I think of Minnesota, I can't help but think of the movie Fargo and how everyone pronounces Gophers.

That being said the new on campus stadium is nice, but they need to recruit capable players, it looks like someone forgot about that part.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Over/Under week 7 Denard Robinson blows out an ankle, cause he doesn't tie his shoes?

Still taking bets on this one...

Today was just a precursor

Because his shoelaces had a lot to do with why he got hurt, right? Had they been playing a decent team, he would have continued to play, but there was no reason for it. He is fine.

Also, yeah, it isn't like he just wears his cleats completely loose. He has done it since he was a kid, apparently with no problems.

This whole thing with his shoelaces is way overblown, anyways. He has velcro added to make up for the untied laces. The kid has been amazing on the field, and all people care to discuss is his damn Shoelaces.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Was there some kind of Big Tenleven vs. MAC Challenge that I didn't know about? Looks like there were 8 such matchups today (Northwestern-Central Michigan, Michigan-Bowling Green, Iowa-Ball State, Purdue-Toledo, Ohio State-Eastern Michigan, Penn State-Temple, Indiana-Akron and Minnesota-Northern Illinois), and of course all of the games were hosted by the Big Tenleven squad. At least the MAC made a bunch of money today (and even got one win).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Don't look now, but Minnesota is losing at home, again, to another minnow. This time it's Northern Illinois.

TCF Bank Stadium doesn't sound like home field advantage.

The Gophers don't suck because they play at TCF. They suck because they can't recruit, tackle, or hire a coach with a name that rhymes with Baloney Lungy.

Was there some kind of Big Tenleven vs. MAC Challenge that I didn't know about? Looks like there were 8 such matchups today (Northwestern-Central Michigan, Michigan-Bowling Green, Iowa-Ball State, Purdue-Toledo, Ohio State-Eastern Michigan, Penn State-Temple, Indiana-Akron and Minnesota-Northern Illinois), and of course all of the games were hosted by the Big Tenleven squad. At least the MAC made a bunch of money today (and even got one win).

Two. And Temple gave Penn State a little scare as well.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The Pac-10 has hit their major issue. We just hit 1AM (Sunday) today, but the Oregon@ASU game really good, but is STILL in the 3rd quarter.

They cannot have 9AM games ans still have home gates.

Plus, they place their best PBP guy, Barry Tompkins on the latest game. I do not know how Larry Scott can repair that since they cannot start games at 9AM/Pacific.

EDIT: We have another Zendejas kicking in 2010?

Cal's Kevin Riley is the worst "longest starter" ever. He is even more "unclutch" than John Navarre (Mighigan). We are in 2010 and Tedford has not beaten USC since that game in 2003 and that game was in 3 OT. Tedford is amazingly mediocre.

My Cats did not deserve to win at all tonight, but thank god they somehow pulled it out against Cal. BTW Cal didn't play USC tonight, they played AZ(If thats what you're thinking).

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Additionally, Michigan State played Northern Colorado, Wisconsin played Austin Peay, and Illinois had the week off.

Oh, and since this is the NCAA Football Thread, even though I witnessed a bad ND loss to Stanford, my day was made by hearing that the Youngstown State Penguins upset the Southern Illinois Salukis. Oh yeah. :P

6fQjS3M.png

Archived