2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could produce a Big Ten Network football telecast just so I could fix their "nat sound." (that's TV talk for natural sound i.e. crowd noise, bands, etc.) For some reason every telecast on the Big Ten Network sounds like it's being played in front of 500 people. Their telecasts do a lousy job of capturing the "atmosphere" of a college football game. I have to think that the Illinois crowd is pretty fired up by the fact that their team is hanging with Ohio State but you'd never know it watching this game. Sorry but it drives me nuts.

Update: Ohio State just scored to take the lead.

BB52Big.jpg

I wish I could produce a Big Ten Network football telecast just so I could fix their "nat sound." (that's TV talk for natural sound i.e. crowd noise, bands, etc.) For some reason every telecast on the Big Ten Network sounds like it's being played in front of 500 people. Their telecasts do a lousy job of capturing the "atmosphere" of a college football game. I have to think that the Illinois crowd is pretty fired up by the fact that their team is hanging with Ohio State but you'd never know it watching this game. Sorry but it drives me nuts.

I'm pretty happy with the way Illinois hung in there. They definately had their chances, but didn't convert any of them. It was a really good crowd too, but there were a lot of Ohio State fans that helped get the sellout.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the way Illinois hung in there. They definately had their chances, but didn't convert any of them. It was a really good crowd too, but there were a lot of Ohio State fans that helped get the sellout.

If Illinois could have put together any kind of offense they win that game. The Ilini certainly had the right defensive scheme to shut down Ohio State's offense. Luckily the Buckeyes D was able to save the day. In any case, that game was pure misery to watch. Both teams played poorly and the announcers were a disaster.

It looks like Michigan's start is another non-conference illusion. Indiana is giving them all they can handle. Michigan has no defense. None.

In the big games tonight, I'll take Alabama and Oregon. And they'll both win big.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived