2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Can we already fire RRod already? Jim Harbaugh, Les Miles, someone come in and put Rich Rod out of his misery

You know, somone was bound to keep Shoelace in check, Gary. No need to go bananas over one game when Michigan has been playing well until this game.

Also, if you want to go bananas, wait until later tonight when Locker and U-Dub tear the Sun Dorks a new one... Trust me, old man Erickson deserves a beating for the half assed job as Seahawks coach :P

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we already fire RRod already? Jim Harbaugh, Les Miles, someone come in and put Rich Rod out of his misery

You know, somone was bound to keep Shoelace in check, Gary. No need to go bananas over one game when Michigan has been playing well until this game.

Also, if you want to go bananas, wait until later tonight when Locker and U-Dub tear the Sun Dorks a new one... Trust me, old man Erickson deserves a beating for the half assed job as Seahawks coach tongue.gif

When Michigan State can go and beat Michigan 3 straight years, Rodriguez deserves to be fired. Oh Dustin your Puppies will be killed, Devils 30-Puppies 14

Also, if you want to go bananas, wait until later tonight when Locker and U-Dub tear the Sun Dorks a new one... Trust me, old man Erickson deserves a beating for the half assed job as Seahawks coach tongue.gif

When Michigan State can go and beat Michigan 3 straight years, Rodriguez deserves to be fired. Oh Dustin your Puppies will be killed, Devils 30-Puppies 14

OK, this isn't Ohio State, man. Rich-Rod shouldn't be given the axe because he couldn't beat Sparty, either in the Big House or on the banks of the Old Cedar (Damn you, ESPN!). Now, should this 5-0 start turn into 6-6 or 5-7, then his ass is fair game. Until then, just calm down and let common sense get back to you.

As for tonight: I guess you didn't see Jake Locker lead the Huskies down the field at once almighty USC last week for the game winning field goal? Oh, that's right... you were too busy cursing out the Rodgers brothers from Oregon State after the Beavers won. Hell, at least Washington can beat someone at the FBS level!

OK, this isn't Ohio State, man. Rich-Rod shouldn't be given the axe because he couldn't beat Sparty, either in the Big House or on the banks of the Old Cedar (Damn you, ESPN!). Now, should this 5-0 start turn into 6-6 or 5-7, then his ass is fair game. Until then, just calm down and let common sense get back to you.

As for tonight: I guess you didn't see Jake Locker lead the Huskies down the field at once almighty USC last week for the game winning field goal? Oh, that's right... you were too busy cursing out the Rodgers brothers from Oregon State after the Beavers won. Hell, at least Washington can beat someone at the FBS level!

Trust me it isn't just the losing to State 3 years in a row, it's not winning conference games when it matters, the :censored:ty defense, the losing records he has had since being Head Coach, he needs to go either way, he'll win 2 more games probably against teams that don't really matter in the Big Eleven and then get beaten down by Ohio State. I love the Wolverines, and i'll root for them, but RRod is not the guy, I gave him 3 years, but if it wasn't for Shoelace do you really think they'd be 5-0 soon to be 5-1?

But isn't this a "must win game" for ASU?

ASU has two wins, but both are FCS and only one counts toward the total of six needed to become bowl eligible. If they lose tonight, they must win five of their final six to be bowl eligible. Right?

UW has one more FBS win than ASU and have played one less game. If they lose Saturday, they?d need to win four of their last seven for bowl eligibility.

The open week before playing Alabama struck early. Every SEC opponent has an open week before playing them. That's tough.

But isn't this a "must win game" for ASU?

ASU has two wins, but both are FCS and only one counts toward the total of six needed to become bowl eligible. If they lose tonight, they must win five of their final six to be bowl eligible. Right?

UW has one more FBS win than ASU and have played one less game. If they lose Saturday, they’d need to win four of their last seven for bowl eligibility.

The open week before playing Alabama struck early. Every SEC opponent has an open week before playing them. That's tough.

Exactly, this is one of the remaining "winable" games for ASU. And they really need it if they're striving for a bowl appearance. They have 3 remaining flip/flop games in my mind. They can beat Washington, Cal, and (after last week) USC. But they could also lose to those teams, if they continue with the dumb mistakes they've made recently. And then they should be UCLA and Washington State. If they lose one of those 5 games, they have to pull a home upset of Stanford or a road rivalry upset of Arizona. This is a game the Sun Devils sorely need.

If they can just cut down the absolutely stupid mistakes they've been making (just some dumb dumb dumb penalties and turnovers), they have a great shot. Their defense was hard pressed to cover Rodgers. He's a dynamic player. But their defense is still pretty damn good, and they can hold Jake Locker in check. It's up to Threet and the offense to score points (which they can do) while cutting down the interceptions. As long as they play smartly, ASU has a great chance.

And gotta give huge props to South Carolina. The ol' ball coach still has some games left underneath that visor. Now the Gamecocks jsut need to hold off another miracle finish by the Tide.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Looks like Ohio State is now #1. The infrared/Lights Out feud has just intensified. :P

Also, Spurrier is back at/near the top of the SEC! It just feels right, it ain't the SEC w/o having the Ole Ball Coach up there at the top, being a rabble-rouser & :censored:. I'm sure I will become annoyed with him if South Carolina continues to play at an elite level, but for now I'm enjoying it. :D

Today, is also isn't as if Michigan was going to run the table this year.

LSU is still undefeated, yes they still are for now.

Auburn still has to play every tough team in the SEC West too.

This Bama loss impacts both Boise and TCU, but it gives Oklahoma more emphasis to go unbeaten.

Looks like Ohio State is now #1. The infrared/Lights Out feud has just intensified. :P

Heh... I'm rooting for Ohio State and Boise to be the top two and to play for the championship, actually. The other likely alternative for Boise is playing Oregon and I'd rather not have to listen to cocky and annoying Ducks fans leading up to the game for the third year in a row.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Heh... I'm rooting for Ohio State and Boise to be the top two and to play for the championship, actually. The other likely alternative for Boise is playing Oregon and I'd rather not have to listen to cocky and annoying Ducks fans leading up to the game for the third year in a row.

Take care of your own business before worrying about others. While your business is not really hard, it will tell in the polls and computers. TCU seems to at least have Utah to play, you will get Fresno and Nevada at best.

LSU has the talent to still go unbeaten, but they have poor coaching. Still look out son.

Trust me it isn't just the losing to State 3 years in a row, it's not winning conference games when it matters, the :censored:ty defense, the losing records he has had since being Head Coach, he needs to go either way, he'll win 2 more games probably against teams that don't really matter in the Big Eleven and then get beaten down by Ohio State. I love the Wolverines, and i'll root for them, but RRod is not the guy, I gave him 3 years, but if it wasn't for Shoelace do you really think they'd be 5-0 soon to be 5-1?

Call me old school, but this right here is unforgivable. There is NO discipline on that side of the ball. It's almost as if the coaching staff is preaching how to get beat on deep routes. If I weren't a fan of the Wolverines, it'd be funny. At least that's what my State friends have been telling me...all day... ^_^

I have this feeling that Ohio State will go undefeated and yet the Rose Bowl provision will not be in play, because Michigan State will take the automatic Rose Bowl spot.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did not notice that Michigan State played Northern Colorado. That trumps the Rose Bowl rule.

LvZYtbZ.png

Call me old school, but this right here is unforgivable. There is NO discipline on that side of the ball. It's almost as if the coaching staff is preaching how to get beat on deep routes. If I weren't a fan of the Wolverines, it'd be funny. At least that's what my State friends have been telling me...all day... ^_^

It's kind of hard to play defense when you are almost literally pulling defenders off the street. It's not like the Michigan secondary has seen an almost unprecedented amount of decimation in the last year or so... :rolleyes:

You're going to get your 8 or 9 wins, you'll likely get to a decent bowl, and you know what, that's fine at this point in the rebuild.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Ohio State still has a bunch of season left. They could join the ranks of the one-loss teams as early as next Saturday night. Then there's Iowa on the road. Michigan won't be as much of a pushover this season. Also, don't forget that the Buckeyes dropped a game to Purdue last season. Anything can happen. With no rushing game to speak of, Terrelle Pryor's inconsistency, and two pretty tough toad games coming up, I'll be plenty happy with a Big Ten title. We'll leave the NC talk for later. Right now I just want them to beat Wisconsin next week.

The reality is that Boise State easily has the best shot of going undefeated the rest of the way. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Broncos are ranked number one when the regular season ends. The real debate will be which one loss team most deserves a shot at them. Weak conference schedule or not, there's simply no way Boise doesn't get a title shot if they're the lone undefeated team at the end of the season. Strange as it sounds, Boise State is in the driver's seat right now. I don't see anyone else in the top ten going undefeated the rest of the way. Utah or TCU maybe. How great would that be? Boise State - Utah/TCU for the NC? All three of those teams are in the top ten today. If two of them run the table how do you possibly tell them they don't get a title shot? You can't.

BB52Big.jpg

How great would that be? Boise State - Utah/TCU for the NC?

That would be awesome. The only downside would be the legions of AQ trolls trying to delegitimize the win for whoever wins because they didn't play a "real" team. :rolleyes:

Anybody who would de-legitimize a National Title win probably has no business talking about college football to begin with. It's the National freakin Championship, if you hate on that, then you need to pay your tuition so you can go to Awesome School and get your lessons on. :P Boise State - Utah/TCU would indeed be awesome, though.

How great would that be? Boise State - Utah/TCU for the NC?

That would be awesome. The only downside would be the legions of AQ trolls trying to delegitimize the win for whoever wins because they didn't play a "real" team. :rolleyes:

Anybody who would de-legitimize a National Title win probably has no business talking about college football to begin with. It's the National freakin Championship, if you hate on that, then you need to pay your tuition so you can go to Awesome School and get your lessons on. :P Boise State - Utah/TCU would indeed be awesome, though.

In any case, the rest of the season should get interesting. (Quietly awaiting the obligatory idiotic Will Morris response to our Boise State -TCU/Utah for the NC talk. It will almost certainly have something to do with a two loss team jumping over everyone or some other moronic statement to that effect.)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived