2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

We blew it. Sucks to get your butt whipped and lose, sucks even worse to lose when you know without a shadow of a doubt that you're a better team.

In other news, I believe my premonitions regarding the premature Nebraska success turned out well.

Note to Top 25 Teams: Rushing the field after beating another Top 25 team is bush league. Tearing the goal posts down is just embarrassing.

You do realize those posts would have come down if South Carolina hadn't dropped them last week, right?

No they wouldn't have. The field needs to be rushed in order for that to happen, and did you see that? No. It was a Top 20 matchup and again, rushing the field by fans of either team is bush league.

Only because I think you had police snipers stationed in the light stands and took a modern version of the Chinese Proverb, "kill one man to warn a thousand" and tazed the first guy who went out of the stands. Repeatedly.

So to review, it only didn't happen in Columbia by achieving a police state in the stadium and by dropping the goalposts. Get off your holier than thou soapbox.

/Isn't South Carolina why the SEC banned rushing the playing area?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oregon Duck will bigger then Ronnie from Jersey Shore before the end of the season.

Interesting Duck stat for you guys. Oregon has beat ONE - I repeat, ONLY ONE - winning team from a BCS conference (Stanford). I'm not saying that they haven't had quality wins, but for the most part, the Ducks are playing teams who are down. And look what happened with Stanford; the Cardinal jumped out to a 3-touchdown lead early before Oregon rallied to win late.

I'm not saying that they don't deserve their top ranking, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lay an egg against USC or Arizona. Oregon has had a quick start to the season, but all their tough games are in the second half of the year.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The Oregon Duck will bigger then Ronnie from Jersey Shore before the end of the season.

Interesting Duck stat for you guys. Oregon has beat ONE - I repeat, ONLY ONE - winning team from a BCS conference (Stanford). I'm not saying that they haven't had quality wins, but for the most part, the Ducks are playing teams who are down. And look what happened with Stanford; the Cardinal jumped out to a 3-touchdown lead early before Oregon rallied to win late.

I'm not saying that they don't deserve their top ranking, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lay an egg against USC or Arizona. Oregon has had a quick start to the season, but all their tough games are in the second half of the year.

UCLA beat Texas in Austin. We shouldn't talk right now.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Something to think about before the LSU@Auburn game.

The only defense which did a good job in containing Cam Newton was Clemson. The Clemson Def. Coor. is Kevin Steele. Steele is a close friend of LSU's Def Coor, John Chavis. So close that they talk to each other constantly.

Just sayin'.

dfwabel's six degrees of separation.

BB52Big.jpg

Didn't Notre Dame go like 40 years between losing to Navy at one point? Navy is putting a beat down on them right now.

These aren't your daddy's Irish. This win will make 3 of the last 4 for Navy.

6uXNWAo.png

Didn't Notre Dame go like 40 years between losing to Navy at one point? Navy is putting a beat down on them right now.

I'm not saying Navy isn't a decent team or anything but Notre Dame should never be losing 35-10 to the Midshipmen. It's now official, Notre Dame is completely irrelevant. They are now in the Vanderbilt/Rice/Baylor category of D-I football.

BB52Big.jpg

I hope Indiana stops "honoring contracts" with Lynch.

Today, we are all otaku.

I'm not saying Navy isn't a decent team or anything but Notre Dame should never be losing 35-10 to the Midshipmen. It's now official, Notre Dame is completely irrelevant. They are now in the Vanderbilt/Rice/Baylor category of D-I football.

Um, I still think they're a little higher then Baylor (Can't really count Vandy or Rice because they've at least tasted success at one point. Baylor would be better paired with Duke and New Mexico State at this point). It's still growing pains for the Irish. Meanwhile... Texas is suffering a Nebraska hangover at the hands of... Iowa State?!?

So when does Texas become a "bad loss" for Nebraska?

Other observation: WTF is up with Iowa State? They are winless against the Big 12 North and 2-1 against the Big 12 South.

Today, we are all otaku.

So when does Texas become a "bad loss" for Nebraska?

Other observation: WTF is up with Iowa State? They are winless against the Big 12 North and 2-1 against the Big 12 South.

That's because the Cyclones have only played K-State so far from the North. They still have the other North members to play (Kansas, Nebraska, at Colorado and Missouri).

Um, I still think they're a little higher then Baylor (Can't really count Vandy or Rice because they've at least tasted success at one point. Baylor would be better paired with Duke and New Mexico State at this point). It's still growing pains for the Irish. Meanwhile... Texas is suffering a Nebraska hangover at the hands of... Iowa State?!?

It wasn't meant to be taken literally. :rolleyes: I was overstating a point.

BB52Big.jpg

Something to think about before the LSU@Auburn game.

The only defense which did a good job in containing Cam Newton was Clemson. The Clemson Def. Coor. is Kevin Steele. Steele is a close friend of LSU's Def Coor, John Chavis. So close that they talk to each other constantly.

Just sayin'.

dfwabel's six degrees of separation.

Not my theory as I heard it on Finebaum on the drive home last night.

Archived