2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be shocked if ND does not win another game this year. I read that Whitlock article too, and he made some great points about Kelly being fired. If he knew it was going to be risky and that kid did not want to go up there, he may get canned. Some heads will roll over this, I don't think it will be Kelly but if ND fires another coach after just one season; the Notre Dame Football program will never recover. Too much instability already changing coaches again would be disastrous.

A head coach knows about all doings. Tressel talked about the issue of wind and practice a day BEFORE the accident..

Swarbrick is an attorney by trade and he really :censored:ed up. His statements from Wednesday.

The way ND is handling this is pathetic.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Good evening, I am Brian Williams.

Tonight: Austin, the state capitol of Texas is in flames from the worst sports riot in history.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I love the Georgia fanbase, the alumni part, anyway. They come down here and spend money. Always fun hanging out with them for the weekend. It is hard not to pull for Georgia when they play because of them. I hope Jacksonville hosts this game for years to come. If you are a Georgia fan and never been to a Florida/Georgia game, you need to go. You will have a blast.

A real Georgia fan wants to keep the game with Florida in Jacksonville.

The town's a relative dump (sorry man...I've been there enough times), but for one weekend, it's a good place to get away. Hell, the school's fall break always takes place of the week of the Florida game.

Michigan State may as well say UNCLE! Wow what a beating.

These are the kind of beatings that are normal in a second-tier conference like the Big Ten, where there might be only a couple good teams. The Big Ten begins and ends with Ohio State - nobody else in the conference is even relevant on a national basis.

I'm sure I'll regret this but here goes...

It depends on how you mean relevant. If it's with regard to the 2010 national championship then no one in the Big Ten, including Ohio State, is relevant. Otherwise, I think most people would agree that the Big Ten is pretty relevant to college football overall.

You're still an idiot.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow Notre Dame is a mess I see them losing this game., and I think the death of that student is going to explode into a big mess with lawsuits gallore maybe even negliganc charges. Nobody is talking now but when the mourning is over the finger ponting will begin. )lus now Crist is hurt.

Posted via phone watching my clothes spin at laundrymat.

Under those circumstances, I really do not think they wanted to play this game today.

As for the student-worker death, I am surprised that it was not really talked about on this board earlier. His tweets were foreshadowing and very scary. It was an accident and workers comp will give the family some money. WC is a no-fault system and ND's WC insurer will pay benefits because the guy was working within the course and scope of his employment.

The school may still try try to settle out of court since the words from the AD during their press conference are now very damaging.

In reality, the HC (Kelly) is the one who decides if they practice outside or inside. Since they want total control, then he was the guy who made the decision. Jason Whitlock is right to say that Kelly should be dismissed.

Regardless, using lifts for a practice they are not designed for will now be of emphasis for all teams. Policies for these lifts are being written this weekend by the athletic departments, hopefully it is is conjunction with the the Risk Management Department

Actually, when these assistants go to film the practices they won't ask if they should go up there or not because it's too windy, they'll just go up there anyways because it's their job. Stop acting like Kelly ordered him up there to go film it. If Kelly wants his team to practice in bad weather conditions so they're better suited for the game, why should we blame him? Declan most likely went up there on his own because there was practice. Whether or not to send the film guys up there would have never crossed Kelly's mind.

6fQjS3M.png

Baylor's a good team - they came in ranked, they were 6-2 (3-1 in conference play) before the game, and Robert Griffin is a beast... and they still only won by 8. Not exactly an embarrassing loss for Texas, considering that the Longhorns are a bad team this year anyway.

Technically it was an upset because Baylor hadn't beaten Texas since 1997, but I was fully expecting Baylor to win anyway.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Baylor's a good team - they came in ranked, they were 6-2 (3-1 in conference play) before the game, and Robert Griffin is a beast... and they still only won by 8. Not exactly an embarrassing loss for Texas, considering that the Longhorns are a bad team this year anyway.

Technically it was an upset because Baylor hadn't beaten Texas since 1997, but I was fully expecting Baylor to win anyway.

Not only that... Guess who would be the BCS automatic bid winner right now out of the Big 12? It's not Nebraska or Missouri or even Oklahoma. It would be Baylor, who is at 4-1 which would be the best record in the conference.

Speaking of the BCS picture, here's how it would look like now.

Auto Bids:

ACC: Virginia Tech [4-0]

Big 12: Baylor [4-1]

Big East: Pittsburgh [3-0)

Big Ten: Michigan State [4-1; Wins common opponent tiebreaker over Ohio State]

Pac-10: Oregon [5-0]

SEC: Auburn [6-0]

Oregon and Auburn would meet in the National Championship Game, so that is taken care of.

Michigan State goes to the Rose Bowl would play one of the At-Large teams, which would be TCU (Current projections have the Horned Frogs leaping over Boise State).

Baylor goes to the Fiesta Bowl as the current Big 12 leader. Their opponent would be Big East leader Pittsburgh

Alabama goes to the Sugar Bowl to replace Auburn, who's in the NCG. They'll play Ohio State who also gets an At-Large bid.

Virginia Tech is the final Auto Bid team and goes to the Orange Bowl to face the last remaining At-Large, Nebraska.

So, the matchups would be like this:

National Championship Game: Oregon vs. Auburn

Rose Bowl: Michigan State vs. TCU

Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Ohio State

Fiesta Bowl: Baylor vs. Pittsburgh

Orange Bowl: Virginia Tech vs. Nebraska

I'm loving the Big 12 this year. Keep the madness coming! I'd love to see Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Mizzou, etc. fans whine and cry while Baylor routs Iowa State in the conference championship.

Not happening.

(At least the Iowa State part). Iowa State "controls their destiny" insofar as they have yet to play Nebraska and Missouri. And since the Cyclones have 2 losses already (to Oklahoma and that august football power known as Kansas State :rolleyes: ), they must win both games to take the division. Bo Pelini is going to ensure that Nebraska is keyed up for next week's game against the Cyclones after last season's debacle.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived