2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Amazingly, Syracuse has votes in both the AP and Coaches poll. Not actually ranked, mind you, but this is the first time is a LONG time that anyone considered Syracuse football to be anywhere near the top half of football programs in the country.

Also, after seeing Oregon come back like that in LA last night, I'm a believer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baylor being ranked... Syracuse getting votes. I think these two things just basically sum up how wacky the 2010 season has been so far.

Now, for your weekly BCS Top 10 for the new week:

10. LSU

9. Wisconsin

8. Oklahoma

7. Nebraska

6. Alabama

5. Utah

4. Boise State

3. TCU

2. Auburn

1. Oregon

All I gotta say is... Quack Quack.

Easy: they make the BC$' "bright" idea of automatic qualification look bad every time they beat an AQ team, bowl game or otherwise. The BC$ would prefer that the small schools just sit down, shut up, and never beat a big-money program.

Don't worry, they'll find a way to screw over TCU or Utah by the end of the year, too. They are SO predictable. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

OK, with the new rankings out, time to project again.

A word about tiebreakers - I consider any teams tied in the loss column to be tied (and will thus be subject to tiebreakers). The leaders are:

ACC - Virginia Tech (only unbeaten in conference)

Big East - Pittsburgh (only unbeaten in conference)

Big XII - Nebraska (higher ranked in BCS than Oklahoma; Oklahoma ranked higher than Oklahoma State (Baylor eliminated by division record); Nebraska over Missouri via head to head)

SEC - Auburn (only unbeaten in conference)

Pac-10 - Oregon (only unbeaten in conference)

Big Ten - Wisconsin (higher ranked in BCS than Ohio State or Michigan State, Iowa eliminated for loss to Arizona)

TCU, as highest non-AQ, is automatically in.

Oregon and Auburn to NCG. Nebraska to Fiesta, Virginia Tech to Orange, Wisconsin to Rose. By rule, TCU goes to the Rose as well.

The Sugar Bowl selects Alabama to replace Auburn. The next choice also goes to the Sugar Bowl, and I think they take Oklahoma. Then the Orange Bowl would take Ohio State, and the Fiesta Bowl would be stuck with Pittsburgh.

In short:

NCG: Oregon v Auburn

Rose: Wisconsin v TCU

Fiesta: Nebraska v Pittsburgh

Orange: Virginia Tech v Ohio State

Sugar: Alabama v Oklahoma

LvZYtbZ.png

I think if there is anyone Boise fans want to blame, it's the computers. The human polls have no problem with these Non-AQ schools being this highly ranked. It's the computers that aren't fond of them.

Personally, I want to see a Boise State or a TCU in the National Championship Game, but it justs seems like no one among the BCS conferences want these little guys anyway near the big boy table. It's like they're the proverbial 'flys in the ointment' so to speak.

Big XII - Nebraska (higher ranked in BCS than Oklahoma; Oklahoma ranked higher than Oklahoma State (Baylor eliminated by division record); Nebraska over Missouri via head to head)

WTF?!? OK, Baylor is 4-1 in the Big 12. Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are 3-1 in the Big 12. 4 is greater then 3. Apparently they don't teach basic math at whatever high school you graduated from.

Secondly: For the love of all that is holy, just stop posting.

Congratulations to tonight's big winners, the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. Be sure to join us next Sunday, live at 8:15PM eastern, on the next episode of "Who's Jumping Boise State!"

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Congratulations to tonight's big winners, the Texas Christian University Horned Frogs. Be sure to join us next Sunday, live at 8:15PM eastern, on the next episode of "Who's Jumping Boise State!"

Spoiler Alert: It's Alabama!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

WTF?!? OK, Baylor is 4-1 in the Big 12. Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are 3-1 in the Big 12. 4 is greater then 3. Apparently they don't teach basic math at whatever high school you graduated from.

And I stipulated that I'm calling the ties by a tie in the loss column. All five teams have one loss in conference. Just because Baylor was lucky enough to have played one conference game extra right now doesn't mean I should automatically slide them in ahead of everyone.

LvZYtbZ.png

And I stipulated that I'm calling the ties by a tie in the loss column. All five teams have one loss in conference. Just because Baylor was lucky enough to have played one conference game extra right now doesn't mean I should automatically slide them in ahead of everyone.

First off, like I give a damn what you stipulated. What I'm saying is common sense, smart guy. Baylor is 4-1 in the Big 12 One half game (and I'm bolding this to get my point across) ahead of Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. It's not about your stupid ass stips, it's about common sense and right now, common sense has Baylor as the best team in the Big 12 in terms of conference record.

First off, like I give a damn what you stipulated. What I'm saying is common sense, smart guy. Baylor is 4-1 in the Big 12 One half game (and I'm bolding this to get my point across) ahead of Nebraska, Missouri, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. It's not about your stupid ass stips, it's about common sense and right now, common sense has Baylor as the best team in the Big 12 in terms of conference record.

In terms of record perhaps, but does anyone realistically see Baylor winning the Big 12? Nope.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The judgment of computers is only as good as the information they are given, and they aren't given the information that human voters have. The current BCS computer setup is an attempt to clumsily emulate human polls, with the same built in biases and assumptions, rather than an actual attempt to determine the best team.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Fiesta: Nebraska v Fiesta

What's this Fiesta school you speak of? :D

Its a school for the blind the BCS is choosing just to screw Boise State a little bit more.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

In terms of record perhaps, but does anyone realistically see Baylor winning the Big 12? Nope.

I wouldn't rule it out. Baylor-Oklahoma is the de facto South Division title game, and weird crap has happened before in the Big XII title game.

I certainly think Baylor has a better chance at a Conference title than Iowa State.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

WOW.

This is going to be interesting. #3 TCU goes into Salt Lake City to take on #5 Utah this weekend. Does the winner of this game vault into the Top 2 and into the driver's seat for a NCG spot?

And sorry Boise, barring any craziness, you're not getting a title game shot. The only things you can blame are the other WAC schools. It's not your fault, but your conference blows.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Archived