2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I think it is hilarious, but I hope Cam isn't suspended or anything because I want Alabama to be able to beat Auburn with him playing. Not saying they will beat them but victory would be so much sweeter if he is playing QB for them.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take that back PAAAWWWWL. They're getting blitzed up in Boise tonight, just like those Hokie fellers in Virginia are.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Though I have to wonder, why anyone cares about the 13th-best team in the nation being Oregon. Any SEC team would rout them.

Provided they had firearms and permission to use them.

/Shut up PAAAWWWWWWWL

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Regardless, Oregon is not an elite team like an Alabama or an Auburn or an LSU. You hold elite teams to a different standard. This is why the NCAA needs to not punish Auburn for this like USC got punished. Auburn is an elite team, USC was not. There's a difference.

LvZYtbZ.png

Regardless, Oregon is not an elite team like an Alabama or an Auburn or an LSU. You hold elite teams to a different standard. This is why the NCAA needs to not punish Auburn for this like USC got punished. Auburn is an elite team, USC was not. There's a difference.

Only in your crazy trollish mind.

Today, we are all otaku.

If everyone ignores him, will he go away? Please?

I hope. It's gotten to the point where I basically know better not to flood the thread arguing with Will. If I see that familiar avatar, I just skim over to the next post, where hopefully there isn't a quote. It's pointless.

That being said...Aw hell, this Cam newton thing is serious business, eh?

Yes, I know, my reputation makes me a hypocrite for telling willmorris to stop posting, but every time he pipes in with his "SEC or nothing" crap, I feel my brain cells slowly start to die.

Your Boise State dribble has the same affect on me.

No kidding. Here's a guy who's been a Boise State fan for about a week yet he acts like he grew up next door to the blue turf, attended Boise State, and ended up getting a job as groundskeeper on campus after he graduated. No offense Lights Out, but your "passion" for Boise State always comes across like you're overcompensating for the fact that you latched on to these guys when they started getting good. I won't call you a frontrunner but you're about as close as one can get without being one. Dial it back a couple notches and people will take you more seriously. Right now you sound like the dude at 2 am who's trying to convince himself that the chick that looks like Abe Vigoda is "cute" in the right lighting.

And to think willmorris (who's still an idiot) calls me the homer in this thread.

BB52Big.jpg

I hope. It's gotten to the point where I basically know better not to flood the thread arguing with Will. If I see that familiar avatar, I just skim over to the next post, where hopefully there isn't a quote. It's pointless.

Sounds like it could be. Granted Auburn's going to try to ride the season out and hope the fans get a Championship to remember before the NCAA officially retcons it.

Today, we are all otaku.

Sounds like it could be. Granted Auburn's going to try to ride the season out and hope the fans get a Championship to remember before the NCAA officially retcons it.

Now how is the NCAA going to retcon a championship they do not award?

LvZYtbZ.png

Now how is the NCAA going to retcon a championship they do not award?

I got it now, you are not "Legend". You are either: "Tammy", "Shane from Centerpoint" or are not really a SEC fan, but an east coaster who has no team to root for (XM 202's "Blowhard").

Wait, is this guy really saying that the NCAA shouldn't punish SEC teams? What the hell kind of hard stuff is he smoking?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I have a random question, something I've been thinking about for a bit. Say a team like Navy goes undefeated, does their status as an independent help their BCS chances, or hurt them? I ask because obviously, they've consistently been a solid team for the past few years, and I always wondered how far they could go if they broke out one year and went undefeated. The question could really go for any independent though, save of course Notre Dame because we've already seen them go to BCS bowls. Could an undefeated season vault a Navy or Army into the title game, or just a BCS bowl, or not even that?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I have a random question, something I've been thinking about for a bit. Say a team like Navy goes undefeated, does their status as an independent help their BCS chances, or hurt them? I ask because obviously, they've consistently been a solid team for the past few years, and I always wondered how far they could go if they broke out one year and went undefeated. The question could really go for any independent though, save of course Notre Dame because we've already seen them go to BCS bowls. Could an undefeated season vault a Navy or Army into the title game, or just a BCS bowl, or not even that?

It hurts them since unlike Notre Dame, Navy, Army, (and soon to be BYU) are not contracted to be a part of the BCS. They fall into the same non-AQ teams and conferences. To even be eligible for a bid, they would have to have at least nine wins and finish in the top-14 in the final BCS standings.

Wait, is this guy really saying that the NCAA shouldn't punish SEC teams? What the hell kind of hard stuff is he smoking?

Just ignore "him"...willmorris is not a human being. He's just a trollbot sent here to turn all of our brains to mush.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

In the first year of the BCS (1998) Tulane University went undefeated (12-0) and didn't get a chance to compete in a BCS game. They beat BYU in the Liberty Bowl. In that first BCS year, the bar was so high for a non-BCS conference school to qualify that Tulane didn't stand a chance because of its "soft" schedule. That has changed (with doors having been opened to the Cincinnatis, Utahs, TCUs, Hawaiis and Boise States) thanks, in part, to Tulane President Scott Cowen's rampage against the BCS earlier this decade.....

It is what it is.

It hurts them sine unlike Notre Dame, Navy, Army, (and soon to be BYU) are not contracted to be a part of the BCS. They fall into the same non-AQ teams and conferences. To even be eligible for a bid, they would have to have at least nine wins and finish in the top-14 in the final BCS standings.

Additionally, Navy realistically would need to upgrade its schedule to get high enough in the rankings; sure they play some AQ schools, but the AQ schools are the likes of Duke, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest-not exactly impressive opponents.

Today, we are all otaku.

In the first year of the BCS (1998) Tulane University went undefeated (12-0) and didn't get a chance to compete in a BCS game. They beat BYU in the Liberty Bowl. In that first BCS year, the bar was so high for a non-BCS conference school to qualify that Tulane didn't stand a chance because of its "soft" schedule. That has changed (with doors having been opened to the Cincinnatis, Utahs, TCUs Hawaiis and Boise States) thanks, in part, to Tulane President Scott Cowen's rampage against the BCS earlier this decade.....

Not for nothing but Cincinnati plays in The Big East. No "doors were opened" for them. They made a BCS bowl by winning their conference.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived