2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I just think it's amazing that I walked out to get a haircut when it was 38-31 Michigan, came back and it was 67-65 F-3OT, and I was not surprised to see that this was the end result of the game. Atrocious defensive effort from both teams, but man, what a light show. This will definitely be one to watch on ESPN3 again.

EDIT: Wow. Never thought TCU would get out to a 20-0 start on Utah AT UTAH.

As I said, game over.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utah was overrated to begin with. Their biggest win of the year to date is Pitt to open the year, and they're a Big Least school.

Woah, woah, woah. That same 'overrated' Utah team came into Ames and whipped Iowa State senseless... You know, the same Iowa State team that upset Texas in Austin. The same Iowa State team that is winning against Nebraska right now.

You mean to tell me that Utah's win at Iowa State doesn't count for anything?

lol @ a Boise State fan calling anybody's team overrated

Welp, Utah's first possession on offense in the 3rd quarter resulted in an interception. TCU's next play is a touchdown. TCU is about to blow out the #5 team in the country in the #5 team's house. Media, please direct your attention to TCU. Lord knows that the computers are about to shower their love down upon TCU.

EDIT: TCU may jump someone this week. As we've repreated ad nauseam in this thread, the computers don't look at margin of victory, they look at who you beat. TCU just beat is about to beat the #5 team in the country, overrated or not. Auburn beat Chattanooga, a FCS school. TCU jumping Auburn in the BCS could be a distinct possibility. A small one, but the possibility is there.

Also, Kansas just beat Colorado 52-45 in regulation. Kansas was down 45-17 DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER. Is that the last straw for Hawkins?

So a third-tier team beat another third-tier team. Big deal. Imagine if they actually played a first-tier team.

Actually, how about those so-called 'first tier' teams that you love to slob over actually play other first tier teams.

I'm sorry, but I would think that such a SEC fanboy like yourself there could be able to defend the fact that the so-called greatest conference in the land had some of their teams playing the likes of Chattanooga, Charleston Southern and Idaho State.

As for TCU: Not only is Utah was unbeaten at home as of late, TCU has never won in Salt Lake City. This is basically TCU's way of saying 'We own the Mountain West now!' This is ugly... Oh, and note to Utah: Camoflague on your jerseys is not a good idea.

Colorado was up 45-17 in the 4th and they lost 52-45 to Kansas as Kansas reels off 35 unanswered points. What the F is that all about?

Excellent.

Not that I would normally celebrate a Colorado loss, but this is just one loss closer to the demise of Hawkins. :D

6uXNWAo.png

#3 TCU leads 37-0 going into the 4th quarter at #5 Utah.

In 23 quarters of Mountain West Conference play, the Frogs have given up a measly 16 points. 1 TD, 1 PAT, 3 FGs.

In those same 23 quarters in the MWC, they've outscored their opponents 226-16.

WOW. That is disgusting. That is pure dominance.

EDIT: 40-0 11 secs into the 4th now. 229-16 against the MWC.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Colorado was up 45-17 in the 4th and they lost 52-45 to Kansas as Kansas reels off 35 unanswered points. What the F is that all about?

Excellent.

Not that I would normally celebrate a Colorado loss, but this is just one loss closer to the demise of Hawkins. :D

You know, if I were a Colorado fan, I'd say screw it and just can Hawkins now. This loss to Kansas is nothing short of inexcusable.

So a third-tier team beat another third-tier team. Big deal. Imagine if they actually played a first-tier team.

WillFerrellShutUp.jpg

Oh, and I do recall a certain Utah team defeating a certain Alabama team in a certain Sugar Bowl not too long ago. You can get off your elite high horse now.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Utah finally scored.

TCU 40-7.

The scary part?

TCU still has two games left in Mountain West play: San Diego State (who is halfway decent, but there isn't anything huge that comes to mind outside of a close loss to Missouri) and New Mexico (A winless team). TCU will set some sort of defensive records in the Mountain West.... Hell, they might set some sort of defensive record for the FBS level in scoring defense!

Utah finally scored.

TCU 40-7.

The scary part?

TCU still has two games left in Mountain West play: San Diego State (who is halfway decent, but there isn't anything huge that comes to mind outside of a close loss to Missouri) and New Mexico (A winless team). TCU will set some sort of defensive records in the Mountain West.... Hell, they might set some sort of defensive record for the FBS level in scoring defense!

I would be suprised if they didn't have some sort of record, that defense is far and away one of the best I've ever seen. They just swallow teams whole, and that's almost literally! :P

Personally, I think TCU could beat just about anybody. In my opinion, they'd handily defeat Boise, and if they get a ticket to the Rose Bowl (or whatever other BCS bowl takes them if they qualify), I think they'd take care of a Wisconsin or Michigan State or whoever they'd get.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived