2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's now official: TCU is the best team in the Mountain West after smoking Utah 47-7.

Also of note right now:

-Iowa State and Nebraska are heading into OT with the winner in control of the Big 12 North

-Alabama is down 10 at LSU. TCU and Boise fans may want to root for the Tigers to win so Alabama can be put out of it's misery

ECU rush defense, are you there? HELLLOOOOO?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Oh, and I want to be the first here to congratulate Joe Pa on his 400th victory as Penn State beats Northwestern. Congrats, man.

Also... Nebraska survives in Ames thanks to a botched fake and it's looking like Alabama is going to fall at LSU. TCU and Boise fans are going to send all sorts of goodies towards one Les Miles.

Don't count Alabama out yet. If they win out, they could still make it in, even if Boise State and/or TCU is unbeaten.

Not with two losses, they won't. Get a grip.

LSU was a two-loss team that got into the national title game over an unbeaten non-AQ. It can happen again.

LvZYtbZ.png

Don't count Alabama out yet. If they win out, they could still make it in, even if Boise State and/or TCU is unbeaten.

Not with two losses, they won't. Get a grip.

LSU was a two-loss team that got into the national title game over an unbeaten non-AQ. It can happen again.

Boise State and TCU have played exponentially better schedules more dominantly than Hawaii did that year.

Of course, Boise State and TCU going Attila the Hun on two decent-to-good opponents is entirely meaningless in the eyes of our computer voters since margin of victory isn't invoked. Granted this is a wash since Oklahoma State went Attila the Hun on Baylor today.

Speaking of which, both Boise State and TCU are now huge Alabama fans in the Iron Bowl. Or hope there actually is something to that Cam Newton thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, but Oregon is amazing. I've watched their last two games and the way they've been able to finish is amazing. It looks like their opponents are out of gas after two and a half quarters while they just take over.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, but Oregon is amazing. I've watched their last two games and the way they've been able to finish is amazing. It looks like their opponents are out of gas after two and a half quarters while they just take over.

Perhaps I was unclear. If either non-AQ wishes to make the final, Auburn is by far the most likely candidate to slip up and get vaulted.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Perhaps I was unclear. If either non-AQ wishes to make the final, Auburn is by far the most likely candidate to slip up and get vaulted.

You were clear. I was just posting a rejoinder to a point that wasn't actually made.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Go ahead and count Alabama out.

Sorry, had to fix that post man. The Crimson Tide is toast. No repeat championship for Alabama.

I'm pretty sure the Tuscaloosa News will have 'em #1 when the season ends. That'll be enough for the 'Bama faithful to claim another 'ship. :P

How hard do you have to work to be such a moron? Or is it something that just comes naturally to you? You know you are an irredeemable idiot when tNak is giving your dumb ass the (triple) facepalm. Isn't there somewhere else you'd rather troll? If not, can you find such a place?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Sorry, had to fix that post man. The Crimson Tide is toast. No repeat championship for Alabama.

I'm pretty sure the Tuscaloosa News will have 'em #1 when the season ends. That'll be enough for the 'Bama faithful to claim another 'ship. :P

How hard do you have to work to be such a moron? Or is it something that just comes naturally to you? You know you are an irredeemable idiot when tNak is giving your dumb ass the (triple) facepalm. Isn't there somewhere else you'd rather troll? If not, can you find such a place?

The CCSLC boards is the best place to troll, because it consists of mainly intelligent personalities with passionate feelings. Trolls love that, right willmorris?

Yeah, but the Tuscaloosa News amateur rankings doesn't have a role in the BCS formula, does it?

Oh, and I'll be taking any and all bets on the possibility that there may not be a Tuscaloosa left after tonight.

Sooo...is anyone else as impressed with Andrew Luck and Stanford as I am? They are playing really good football tonight, and also, they only have one loss. Herbstreit and Musberger were mentioning that if Stanford wins out, they still have a chance to jump into a BCS Bowl somewhere, so don't sleep on the Cardinal. The way they're looking right now and for the past while frankly, they still have quite a shot.

Which leads me to my next question: I just now saw the new Orange Bowl logo (ABC showed it along with thier Bowl projections). Who else thinks it looks absolutely awful? Could they not just have the one from last year and replace "FedEx" with "Discover"? I don't think they had to revamp the whole logo, and the result in my opinion is a pretty bad one.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

You are a colossal :censored:-ing idiot. What makes it pure poetry is that your asinine troll posts aren't even what make you an idiot. Everyone knows you post this nonsense just to get a response. Anyone that doesn't is dumber than you are. What makes you a colossal :censored:-ing idiot is that, despite the fact that you've been doing this for at least two years, you still haven't gotten bored with it. Sadly, you have yet to lose interest in the game of "willmorris says something stupid, everyone calls him stupid, rinse, repeat." It takes a serious :censored:-ing moron to be as wildly entertained by the intellectual equivalent of tic-tac-toe for as long as a time you have been.

Keep up the great work doughboy.

BB52Big.jpg

Well then, it's starting to look likely that the last Big XII title game will be Oklahoma State-Nebraska. I'm not sure how many people saw that matchup coming.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived