2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

I'd love to see the Raiders come out with a black turf field, actually. It would look badass, especially during another Chargers blowout of the Raiders.

Does the NFL have a rule against fields being any other color than green outside of the end zone? I've always wondered and never found an answer.

I think it does. By the way, I agree. The Raiders with a black turf field would be sick.

In a dome maybe. Black turf in the hot sun would cook the players.

I don't really believe the whole darker colors absorb more heat thing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see the Raiders come out with a black turf field, actually. It would look badass, especially during another Chargers blowout of the Raiders.

Does the NFL have a rule against fields being any other color than green outside of the end zone? I've always wondered and never found an answer.

I think it does. By the way, I agree. The Raiders with a black turf field would be sick.

*struggles* Must...Not...Mock...Homeschooling...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Do they not teach basic science in homeschool? Or are you so radically Christian, you reject every form of science?

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

And you wonder why the whole "Panny was homeschooled" thing is so widely mocked...sheesh dude.

EDIT: I didn't see those other posts before I posted. Sorry to be redundant.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Do they not teach basic science in homeschool? Or are you so radically Christian, you reject every form of science?

Guys, science can't prove anything. So the theory abot darker colors absorbing more heat could be false.

*struggles* Must...Not...Mock...Homeschooling...

Shut up.

Guys, science can't prove anything. So the theory abot darker colors absorbing more heat could be false.

You've got to be kidding me.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Guys, science can't prove anything.

Of all the things you've said on this board, Panny, this one takes the cake.

Bravo.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Confused.jpg

You are not taking the narrative of the Creationism/Intelligent Design/Evolution "debate" and expanding it to cover basic science.

/Houston's defense is too prone to :censored: ing the bed at inopportune times and Case Keenum can make some inconvenient turnovers.

Today, we are all otaku.

/Houston's defense is too prone to :censored: ing the bed at inopportune times and Case Keenum can make some inconvenient turnovers.

Science can't prove that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Football isn't a science. It's a liberal art.

Today, we are all otaku.

But actual gameplay can prove that point... May I point you in the direction of last year's Armed Forces Bowl when Keenum threw five picks against Air Force? Oh, and their defense is awful at best holding only one team (FCS Northwestern State) to single digits not mention they couldn't stop the run at all (115th out of 120 FBS teams).

Confused.jpg

You are not taking the narrative of the Creationism/Intelligent Design/Evolution "debate" and expanding it to cover basic science.

You know that thing they have called an offense? You should chack it out in the Conference USA shooting gallery. They win that type of game regularly.

You know that thing they have called an offense? You should chack it out in the Conference USA shooting gallery. They win that type of game regularly.

Except when they don't.

Offense may be exciting and when you some games, but can't always compensate for a lousy defense.

Today, we are all otaku.

If Rich Rod is still at Michigan, that will be a great game. The class that will be seniors that year is a very good one. It is nice to see Dave Brandon, the new AD, trying to schedule some other traditional powerhouses. If Nebraska to the Big Ten doesn't change anything schedule-wise, Michigan will also be playing AT Notre Dame, and AT Ohio State that year. They would have at most 6 home games. That would be one tough schedule. Hopefully this is true.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Have you ever stood in a blacktop parking lot before in the heat of the summer?

6fQjS3M.png

Archived