2010-2011 Georgia Tech Jerseys

paynomind

http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/genrel/071610aaa.html

(click for photo)

July 16, 2010

ATLANTA - The Georgia Tech football team will wear their 2010 jerseys at the Yellow Jacket Celebration on Sunday, August 7. Replicas of the jerseys will be available for sale during the fan day event. The updated home uniforms, created by Russell Athletic, are white with gold trim down the sides and around the neckline, while the road uniforms are also white with navy blue trim.

I find is very strange, yet super cool to read the home jerseys are white, and the away jerseys are also white. Thats not something you hear every day.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so basically the only difference is the color of the side panels and neck trim. Hmmm...okay, well, this is something not often seen.

Before anyone says anything yay or nay about the design, just understand that in this new age of merchandising, brand awareness means more than anything. New jerseys/uniforms aren't designed to tailor uniquely to any one team anymore (at least not in big-revenue college sports, anyway); rather, the design is more to identify the outfitter. And in the race to gain more steam, designs are becoming increasingly more gaudy. All of which leads me to this latest template design from Russell...looks like a mash-up of their most recent template and a little bit of old school with the half-shoulder loops. Imma have to see the rest of the unifom before I say anything definitive; having said that, those TV numbers would have been much better served down on the sleeves rather than up on the shoulders. For some reason, with jerseys with shoulder loops or tapers, when sleeve space is left empty like that, it really bugs the mess out of me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Weird. They are like the anti-ducks. ONE JERSEY!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! I like the creativity, but yeah, these aren't neon pink jerseys. They are white. Other teams are gonna want to wear white against them at some point. And I also thought it was an NCAA regulation that home teams where colors and away teams wear white. Isn't that why the Bruins got a penalty for wearing blue on the road against USC?

Weird. They are like the anti-ducks. ONE JERSEY!!! AHHHHHH!!!!! I like the creativity, but yeah, these aren't neon pink jerseys. They are white. Other teams are gonna want to wear white against them at some point. And I also thought it was an NCAA regulation that home teams where colors and away teams wear white. Isn't that why the Bruins got a penalty for wearing blue on the road against USC?

No, it was because both teams were wearing their home jerseys. It wouldn't have been a problem if USC had worn their white jerseys and LSU always wears white at home, so that's not a rule.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

How come in the NCAA video game it won't ever let you wear white at home? Even team builder makes you have a white away jersey.

It designates the white as away and color as home, but you can choose to wear either if you are the home team.

MegatronSig2.jpg

As many of you know (and can see from my sig), I am a student at Tech. We, for tradition's sake, always wear white at home. And we also wear white on the road. Last year, an issue did come up with that. We usually say "alright, visiting team, is it OK if we wear our white jerseys?" and they're usually like "sure dude, go ahead" (in those exact words, of course). But last year we played Wake Forest at home and they refused to let us wear our white jerseys, so we wore our rarely-worn gold jerseys. You can see some (really nice!) pictures here.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

No, it was the other way around. USC got penalized and UCLA wasted a timeout in solidarity with them since both teams mutually agreed to wear their home jerseys. That was before the NCAA relaxed the rule, though. Now, both teams can wear the home jerseys as long as the colors are distinct enough, like in soccer.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So, if Tech's opponent wants to wear white, then what?

...GT also wears white.

Yeah, but you can't wear the same color. They have to be distinct.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

did an Oregon fan just say that? lol

I wont. I actually think they are cool. Will be the most unique jerseys in football.

I just want to see what these are going to look like with the pants. My only issue is that Georgia Tech is an extremely traditional program...

I dont feel like their uniforms have been classic enough. CPJ's tenure has kind of messed up their identity. I do like the idea of having two different white uniforms though

I think it's crappy looking. It's a mix of traditional and modern, but like they just overlapped them instead of taking the time to mold them together. The thin striped and the arch across the front just look like they got a cheap jersey from like DeLong or Teamwork. It would have been better if they did the jets sleeves instead of what they did but htat might have beeen a bridge too short as well.

I think it's crappy looking. It's a mix of traditional and modern, but like they just overlapped them instead of taking the time to mold them together. The thin striped and the arch across the front just look like they got a cheap jersey from like DeLong or Teamwork. It would have been better if they did the jets sleeves instead of what they did but htat might have beeen a bridge too short as well.

I don't see any traditional influence here, outside the numbers. Furthermore, if your design requires you to have two different uniform elements that have the same color (two white jerseys, or the Denver Broncos' two sets of white pants), your overall design is seriously flawed.

Georgia Tech's football jerseys have looked bad since they went to whatever modern templates Russell has used. Most Russell college football jerseys have looked bad. It's a shame because Georgia Tech has good colors and used to have a really good look.

Archived