2010-2011 Georgia Tech Jerseys

paynomind

There is no FLAW because they have to wear two white jerseys. It's a clever way to create a distinct look for a team who traditionally wears white. Im pretty sure Oregon is the only other team with two different white jerseys in regular circulation. I also dont think the design is bad. It's unique. Something we have never seen before...and it creates kind of a bee feel...at least I think.

I could care less for the side panels though.

Arkansas wore two white jerseys last season. One with the tentacles coming up from the bottom and one without.

Yeah, but Arkansas has no method to their madness. Tech at least has logic and a good, classic brand to justify having two white jerseys.

Arkansas basically realized, "wow, the tusks and klunky pants stripes look terrible, let us make another jersey with a horribly filled in cut under the armpit and then we will remove the stripes from the white pants". The Razorbacks uniforms were awfully inconsistent. As a matter of fact, I recall times where both of those white jerseys were worn by different players in the same game.

Yes. Arkansas has been a trainwreck since they switched to the tentacled jerseys. The new Nike unis aren't the best, but they're better than what they had. Not that that says a lot.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a Tech alum, and have followed their uniforms with a lot of interest.

The best they've ever looked was in 06 against Virginia, when they wore this:

CalvinJohnson.jpg

Agreed. I love those white helmets. Wouldn't mind one bit if the Saints went to those.

I also wish we had a receiver who looked that good!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Traditionally Wake Forest is the only school that doesnt allow Tech to wear their whites (most of the Gold jerseys pre-gailey were worn during WF games) this year we play them at Wake Forest so they cant force us to wear any color other than white.

Based on our promotional videos they either have a gold version available for a special event or we will wear the gold from last year in the unlikely situation that we would have to wear a dark colored jersey. I haven't seen a gold version of this new jersey yet but the promos showcased the gold ones from last year, and our players have been wearing them at the ACC Kick-off.

We wont know the other versions until the post the replicas (we didnt see a color other than white prior to our last game in 08, and never saw the original golds outside of the spring game where they were being worn simply because we would never see them on the field otherwise).

Tech is acting as Russel Athletic's version of Oregon (for nike) as the show-casers of new designs, So I would be willing to bet that we will see a colored version of these before the next design is adopted.

I would wear white at home anytime GT came to town just to tick them off haha

But Georgia Tech, as visitors, can always dictate "Hey, we're going to wear our whites". As far as I know, the ACC does not have a rule like the SEC that lets home team declare.

LvZYtbZ.png

But Georgia Tech, as visitors, can always dictate "Hey, we're going to wear our whites". As far as I know, the ACC does not have a rule like the SEC that lets home team declare.

So then a visiting team can come to Atlanta and choose to wear their road whites.

There's gotta be a way to punish the Georgia Institute of Technology for this wanton display of disrespect to the centuries-long rules of fashion dictum.

I would wear white at home anytime GT came to town just to tick them off haha

I just assumed it was a general rule that the home team picked there jerseys, and the away team had to adjust accordingly. I didn't think it changed depending on league or conference, rather just a general rule. I think it would be ridiculous to let the visiting team decide especially with all the "black-out" and special uniforms being worn lately. I could only imagine the disgust if the home team scheduled a black out game and the visiting team decided they wanted to wear black. Wouldn't seem very fair..

Archived