Dallas Stars Logo History Correction

Morgan33

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canadian thanks a lot!

Correction Away 1994-1995

Dallas_Stars-Away1994-1999.gif

Awesome job on the away!, But the home still needs white numbers for the sleeves.

Sorry to be such a perfectionist. :P

1994-1999

Dallas_StarsHome1994-1999.gif\

There were two version of the numbers. Until 1995, the white jersey had green numbers and tiny hemline stripes, and the black jersey had green-on-black-on-white numbers. Even nhluniforms.com has this noted. Working on finding photos, will edit when i have some

It's a start http://theother6seconds.blogspot.com/2009/08/uniform-history-project-1990s.html

Here's the green-on-black-on-white numbering

09F.jpg01F.jpg

which changes to this white-on-green numbering

81592870.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5486C5D632FCAFE10E8B3395010FE879DD520E563455CEA5130

Here's the white jersey with green numbers and tiny hemline stripes

andymoog3.JPG

which changed to this

03b.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

The 1994-99 jerseys also had green names with black outlines on the home jerseys and white names with green outline on the road blacks.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Regarding the "Mooterus" third from 2003-2006:

eybd9x9hgbog3ep0f1lapgfhn.gif

Those stars on the red portion of the sleeves are actually sewn-on patches.

Would they count as the "Secondary patch" for these sweaters?

Case in point, the "patch" on my authentic Mooterus sweater:

38179_411285938718_509638718_4475856_7377931_n.jpg

Ok, now I only own a replica mooterus, so I'm disclosing that now if I'm mistaken. Wasn't this jersey only worn in the KOHO era? meaning the RBK vector should not be there, and instead the KOHO wordmark and crosshairs should be. The cut of the jersey is similar to New Jersey's, meaning the shoulders don't cut into the sleeves, but go straight up from the armpit, making a rectangle for the shoulder piece of fabric. Also, I believe the gold should be a little bit lighter in the jersey.

The sad part, is that the jersey design isn't that bad, but the logo is one of the worst things ever stitched, and the red just wasn't a good idea for this team. Just a real misfire. I tell you what this jersey is good for: going incognito. I can wear it absolutely anywhere, to any sporting event, and nobody knows what it is, and thus can't heckle me. I've had Stars fans that couldn't identify it lol

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Ok, ugly sweater aside, that's a nice touch.

....and KOHO version

Dallas_StarsALT3rd2003-2006-Koho.gif

DallasStarsAltredtrim.jpg

The Mooterus jersey never had numbers with red KOHO or otherwise. The image you're referencing is a photoshop done by the guy who runs the site "Third String Goalie." In his writeup of the jersey he complained that numbers didn't fit with the identity and looked they were just taken from the Home sweater (at the time)so he made a photoshop adding the red outlines.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2009/08/2003-04-dallas-stars-alternate-mike.html

Ok, now I only own a replica mooterus, so I'm disclosing that now if I'm mistaken. Wasn't this jersey only worn in the KOHO era? meaning the RBK vector should not be there, and instead the KOHO wordmark and crosshairs should be. The cut of the jersey is similar to New Jersey's, meaning the shoulders don't cut into the sleeves, but go straight up from the armpit, making a rectangle for the shoulder piece of fabric. Also, I believe the gold should be a little bit lighter in the jersey.

The sad part, is that the jersey design isn't that bad, but the logo is one of the worst things ever stitched, and the red just wasn't a good idea for this team. Just a real misfire. I tell you what this jersey is good for: going incognito. I can wear it absolutely anywhere, to any sporting event, and nobody knows what it is, and thus can't heckle me. I've had Stars fans that couldn't identify it lol

YOu are correct that this jersey was first only Koho- but the final season it was worn as a third was the first season Reebok had rights to produce uniforms league-wide. In fact, the authentic i own is a Reebok one.

5amlwx.jpg

my contribution, as a person who has done way more research about the stars uniforms than anyone else ever should:

the stars 90's uniforms were 2 very distinct uniforms with different stripe widths, color shades, and numbering configuration. these look like a combo of both uniforms, making neither accurate.

also, morrow only wore 45 his rookie season, and the mooterus didn't exist yet. he wore 10 with that uniform.

the 1993-94 uniforms were like this:

1993-1994white.png

1993-1994black.png

thinner stripes, light green, no DALLAS on the logo, 1-color nameplates.

starting with 1994-95 until winning the cup, they wore these:

1994-1999white.png

1994-1999black.png

thicker stripes, dark green, DALLAS above STARS (always in green, never white), and 2 color nameplates.

this link from my now-defunct blog should have more information:

http://theother6seconds.blogspot.com/2009/08/uniform-history-project-1990s.html

my contribution, as a person who has done way more research about the stars uniforms than anyone else ever should:

the stars 90's uniforms were 2 very distinct uniforms with different stripe widths, color shades, and numbering configuration. these look like a combo of both uniforms, making neither accurate.

also, morrow only wore 45 his rookie season, and the mooterus didn't exist yet. he wore 10 with that uniform.

the 1993-94 uniforms were like this:

1993-1994white.png

1993-1994black.png

thinner stripes, light green, no DALLAS on the logo, 1-color nameplates.

starting with 1994-95 until winning the cup, they wore these:

1994-1999white.png

1994-1999black.png

thicker stripes, dark green, DALLAS above STARS (always in green, never white), and 2 color nameplates.

this link from my now-defunct blog should have more information:

http://theother6seconds.blogspot.com/2009/08/uniform-history-project-1990s.html

Ah the Other Six Seconds, great uniform history you put together there. As a big fan of the Northstars/Stars identity (if not the team) I found your blog most interesting. Your uniforms are perfect to the last detail though it would look strange to post them as is since they use the Flat Gold Colour while all the other logos on the site use the Metallic shade.

Archived