College Football Chants

dbackdiehard17

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Know Penn State has a chant that starts with one end of the stadium saying "WE ARE!" and the other saying "PENN STATE". That's also used as a slogan on T-Shirts and stuff.

Marshall does that too. Hence the name of the film, We Are Marshall.

As stated above, Texas A&M's slogan is Gig 'em Aggies. Go to this website if you want to see all the yells that Texas A&M does. http://yell.tamu.edu/yells We do yells, not chants ;)

At LSU one side of the stadium shouts GEAUX and the other responds with TIGERS. There are many other chants that LSU fans partake in, but I don't think they'd be considered appropriate.

Middle Tennessee State: An M-T-S-U! chant goes around the stadium, but there's also the "M-T-S-U-M-T-S-U!Go! Raiders! Go!" From the fight song.

We also borrowed the Dum! Da-da-da-da...GOOOO Raiders! chant from UF's Go Gators.

"Let's Go Blue" has been a major MTSU chant for easily 10 years. (Probably during the OVC years too.)

And I believe this is the new PA Announcement for football: "And that's another...Blue Raider..." [crowd calls back "FIRST DOWN!"]

From the fight song:

"For the one, true, pride of the blue...M-T-S-U Raiders Ride!"

And we end games with a slower version of the "Tennessee Waltz."

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Though it's not a chant, when it comes to the rivalry, we'll often replace the line "Hit 'em hard, let 'em know who's who!" in Bear Down, Arizona with "Kick the [expletive] out of ASU!" when we're playing the Scummies.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Though it's not a chant, when it comes to the rivalry, we'll often replace the line "Hit 'em hard, let 'em know who's who!" in Bear Down, Arizona with "Kick the [expletive] out of ASU!" when we're playing the Scummies.

Lets see playing the Mildcats, we have Bow Down Arizona, Kick the Wildcat(there is an expletive there), there are others my friends and I use, but it's not too PG friendly

Oh yeah, one other taunt directed towards the Scum Devils: "Where's your national championship?"

Going along with that, there's this:

Q. How many ASU students does it take to hang an Elite Eight banner in Wells Fargo Arena?

A. Trick question. ASU's never been to the Elite Eight.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh yeah, one other taunt directed towards the Scum Devils: "Where's your national championship?"

Going along with that, there's this:

Q. How many ASU students does it take to hang an Elite Eight banner in Wells Fargo Arena?

A. Trick question. ASU's never been to the Elite Eight.

Ever go to the game at Sun Devil Stadium and hear "where's your Rose Bowl?"

Lol we can go on and on about this for days, welcome to the club of smack talk on the boards

You have a Rose Bowl. Not a national championship. Big difference.

And don't even start with baseball. You have 5 NCs to our 3 and we're both among the seven winningest programs of all time. Not a huge difference. Not to mention that for all of the talk about baseball, I can just bring up softball or the fact that the recent scandal involving your baseball team has helped to make ASU tied for the most-penalized athletic department in NCAA history, up there with SMU.

PITT:

Slogan:

Hail to Pitt

Chant:

"P!....I!....T!....T!....P!..I!..T!..T!..P!-I!-T!-T! Lets Go Pitt!

or

(obviously) "Let's go Pitt!"

I haven't been to a Pitt game in years, but do they still yell "Penn State sucks" during the fight song?

Ha! The back and forth between ASU and U of A is cracking me up!

Seriously though, this is amazing. You guys are great. It is rather difficult to find this stuff out (especially about smaller obscure schools) without calling their Sports Information department or talking to someone who goes to that school (I don't know someone who goes to most of these schools... lol) So thanks. It's been educational. I'm surprised there's not more of a list for this kind of thing online, but it just seems like very scattered unofficial kind of stuff.

ANyways, thanks so much guys.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

UCF - zombie nation (they play the song during the games)

Everybody plays Zombie Nation.

I've always said that (though we're not a top ten rivalry like OSU/Michigan or Texas/Oklahoma) the UA/ASU rivalry is one of the most underrated rivalries in college sports.

Seriously though, this is amazing. You guys are great. It is rather difficult to find this stuff out (especially about smaller obscure schools) without calling their Sports Information department or talking to someone who goes to that school (I don't know someone who goes to most of these schools... lol) So thanks. It's been educational. I'm surprised there's not more of a list for this kind of thing online, but it just seems like very scattered unofficial kind of stuff.

ANyways, thanks so much guys.

You can find many from just searching "School X (with nickname) + traditions". More can be seen through the institution's band or cheer webpages.

Teams also have 3rd down cheers/music and the like.

Teams also have 3rd down cheers/music and the like.

Arizona's got the best third down music. We play the opening percussion from the Terminator theme. Also, I know Arizona's not the only school that does it, but everyone, especially the student section, jingles their keys during kickoffs.

My favorite tradition (besides beating ASU) is the post-game concert The Pride of Arizona does after every game. They, along with the fans, march from the stadium to the administration building. After every win, the concert is concluded by the student union's bell being (one of the bells recovered from the wreck of the USS Arizona) rung once, followed by everyone yelling "Bear Down!"

I've gone through three pages, and I'm still trying to find anything in this thread that has to do with sports logos or uniforms. Did I miss something in the three pages? This topic really should be moved to the general sports section.

Archived