College Football Chants

dbackdiehard17

Michigan: Lets go Blue

Arizona State: Fork Em' Devils

It's just Go Blue. No "let's"

GO!

BLUE!

Actually, it's both, i've heard from alot of people who are Michigan Fans or Graduates(Especially my ex-Aunt in Law who always screamed LETS GO BLUE), GO BLUE, or LETS GO BLUE, it's more like a tomatoe, tomato thing,

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To fully appreciate the coolness of "Boomer Sooner" you really have to hear how it sounds in the stadium. What happens is one side chants "Boomer!" and the other responds "Sooner!" Sounds awesome in person.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Some more Utah State stuff:

Aggie Stampede (T-Shirt and slogan, but also used as a chant at times. As seen below)

AG-GIE! STAM-PEDE!

AG-GIES! AG-GIES! AG-GIES!

The prominent student fan club is called "The Hurd" (spelled with a U for Utah, logo depicts a capitalized HURD with the U being the U-State primary logo)

The mascot's name is "Big Blue", but the name is also used at times as a nickname and/or slogan for the entire school.

Not sure if you may be looking for something like this, but the student involvement club (whom obviously also deal with Athletics by default) is called the "A-Team", and thier slogan is "We are the A-Team. There is no team B." (a play on the TV show/movie "A-Team")

I'll be attending Utah State starting in August, so I'm sure I could dig up some more for you if you want when I get there.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Utah State has the best basketball chant of all time. No one can beat the WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM chant.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Utah State has the best basketball chant of all time. No one can beat the WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM chant.

I love that chant. It's so fun to be at the games and shout along to it. Football games aren't like this, but USU basketball games have thier own atmosphere, it's totally incredible. It's loud, exciting, and intense times ten. If you closed your eyes you'd think you were at an NBA game, i'm dead serious. Can't wait to get in for FREE as a student this year :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Clemson:

Fists pump with each letter "C - L - E - M - S - O (circle fist in "O" shape) - N"

"(quickly) C-L-E-M-S-O-N (pause) T-I-G-E-(drawn out)R-S -(pause) Fight Tigers, Fight Tigers, Fight, Fight, Fight!"

They play football at Northwestern South Carolina State now? Good for you guys! :P

The dueling sides chant at South Carolina is "Game! Cocks!"

The kickoff cheer is "Oooooooooooooooooh.... Go! Fight! Win! Kickass!"

The cheer on defense, aside from making as much noise as humanly possible, is "Defense! Defense! Defense Gamecocks defense!"

After big gains or stops, it's U! S! C! Gooooooo Cocks!"

Oh. And the team comes out to "Also Sprach Zarathustra", the theme song from 2001: A Space Odyssey. 2001 was the University's bicentennial year.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Just looked this up on Youtube. It wins. That is the best student section cheer I have ever seen.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Michigan: Lets go Blue

Arizona State: Fork Em' Devils

It's just Go Blue. No "let's"

GO!

BLUE!

Actually, it's both, i've heard from alot of people who are Michigan Fans or Graduates(Especially my ex-Aunt in Law who always screamed LETS GO BLUE), GO BLUE, or LETS GO BLUE, it's more like a tomatoe, tomato thing,

Yeah, most likely. I remember from the Michigan games I've been too that half the stadium yells Go and the other half says Blue.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

One of the most famous in all of collegiate athletics:

Arkansas - Wooooo Pig Soiee!

most famous and the best in all on college sports.

I agree and have to nitpick a little... Sooie******

It's too bad they stole it from Ohio.

Either way, it's an awesome chant. I would love to see the Zona Zoo start doing that. They tried to do it last year but it never caught on. I didn't think it was a good idea since I thought we were stealing USU's chant, but hey, the fact that they stole it throws that out the window.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

with football about to fire up this week, i hope it's an appropriate necro.

louisville has a few. there is:

Go! Cards! Beat! PURDUE! (note regardless of the opponent, it's always purdue. it goes to a cheerleader malfunction at a basketball game. cheer cards were premade to save money. uofl happened to be playing florida state. their next game was against purdue. so in the 4 corners of the stadium, you had the groups holding up the signs Go and CARDS and BEAT and the team we were playing. well an unfortunate cheerleader held up her sign at the appropriate time and the crowd dutifully yelled out "PURDUE". it happened a few more times before she figured out her mistake, but it was too late and a new tradition was born. haven't heard it much lately, but if you were in freedom hall for the last game, you heard it a lot, even though we were playing syracuse. musta confused the hell outta them though...:))

U of L! ... ... U of L! ... ...

and the most famous

C! A! R! D! S! CARDS!

i'm told this one pisses off more opposing fans than anything else. especially when it's in THEIR venue, which does happen a lot. uofl fans travel, even for regular season games.

of course there is always F*** UK which is appropriate anytime really.

Might have been mentioned, but the Cornhuskers' fans always give the visiting team a standing ovation as they leave Memorial Stadium - win or lose. Not really a chant, per se, but still a cool tradition that focuses on the sportsmanship of the game.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived