CFL Ottawa

spartacat_12

I agree with the earlier post about keeping the name Rough Riders seeing that Ottawa had a team before Saskatchewan did. To put it into perspective, the Ottawa/Saskatchewan issue is the same situation the AHL has with the Milwaukee and Norfolk Admirals.

I like the Renegades logo, just not the name. I say keep the R. Reference the Rideau River log riders. At least make the mascot suit look like

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Why not do what Baltimore was forced to do? Go by the "Ottawa CFLs"...and wear the uniforms and "R" of the Riders.

Because eventually, like Baltimore who became the Stallions, they will have to change their name.

Also, what will the be the "Ottawa CFL other Rough Riders"? The team with the same nickname is in the same league, that only worked because the different leagues.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Would love to see either the Ottawa Red Riders (probably cause issues though....) or the Ottawa Raiders cause it's kinda close (Oakland will never notice anyhow...)

I'm stunned that Oakland is even able to remember what day their games are on, let alone what city they're playing in that week.

Call them the Raiders, take the Raiders' logo, put a maple leaf behind it, and guarenteed there'll be no problem.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I agree with the earlier post about keeping the name Rough Riders seeing that Ottawa had a team before Saskatchewan did. To put it into perspective, the Ottawa/Saskatchewan issue is the same situation the AHL has with the Milwaukee and Norfolk Admirals.

I like the Renegades logo, just not the name. I say keep the R. Reference the Rideau River log riders. At least make the mascot suit look like

This is only kind of true. Saskatchewan was called the Regina Rugby Club until the mid 20s. Ottawa dropped the Rough Rider name in favour of Senators or Royals or something like that. Saskatchewan took the name Roughriders after Ottawa abandoned the name.

Ottawa changed their name back, without Saskatchewan's permission. Now that Saskatchewan can say they've built an empire around the name, there's no way they'll borrow it to a city that's on their 3rd try in 20 years with a team.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I say name the new Ottawa CFL team the Rebels and adopt the "R" logo from the old Rough Riders franchise, as well as the Black & Red color scheme used by both the Rough Riders and the Renegades.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Archived