Twins Wear Red Caps

Joshawaggie

So few teams in the American League wear red hats anymore. Is it just the Angels (home and road) and Twins (alternate) now? Texas dropped theirs, Boston flirts with one every once in a while, only to phase it out, and I suppose no other team really could get away with it in the AL. Indians? Yankees (major stretch)?

Extend it to the Senior Circuit and you end up with only these additions:

* Expos (bp)

* Phillies (home, alternate, and bp)

* Cardinals (home)

* Reds (home)

Who else could? Braves? Dodgers (even more of a stretch than the Yanks)?

i'd like the Bosox to bring back their white hat, but that's for another thread...anyways, ya forgot the Astros (brick red, but red nonetheless). i figure the Pirates and Cubs, although both would be a major stretch. IIRC, however, briefly in the 30s the Cubs did wear red hats with a secondary uniform. Unfortunately, i'm not very optimistic about how it'd look. a real stretch that could send ya to the hospital: the Brewers...yes, the Brew. IMO, a red Brewers hat would look better than a red Pirates or Cubs hat but that's just me. i think i'll mock something up a little later.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I dig the blue TC caps, not so wild about the red ones.

I wish the Twins would go real old school and get rid of the names on the back of their home jerseys. The Chi Sox should do the same thing too ... hell all of the home jerseys should be minus the last names. That's why they have score cards. :D

I wish the Twins would go real old school and get rid of the names on the back of their home jerseys. The Chi Sox should do the same thing too ... hell all of the home jerseys should be minus the last names. That's why they have score cards. :D

it makes sense not to have names on the home jerseys. the way I see it, if youre a fan of a team and attend a lot of thier games, you dont need names on the back of the jerseys to help you identify who each player is, because more often then not, you allready know who they are.

now, road unis should always have names on the back, no excuses! *coughyankeescough*

I am a lifelong Twins fan. My two cents is that I like the TC better than the M with its stupid underline. However, I hate the red hats. I hated them in the 1980s and they look even worse now with the pinstripes. I wish they would just wear the blue TC and no other.

PS: JPslapshot, I was curious about your "we don't need no stinking Badgers" quote--I'm not offended or anything, just curious. ON WISCONSIN!

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Love the movie UHF.

There just isn't enough Wierd Al in my life these days....

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Terrible news about his parents.

Sad stuff.

Yeah, thats awful. It really kinda pisses me off that because the guy makes humor songs, that DJs and people think it is ok to joke about his parents dying. Makes me mad. Sad for Wierd Al

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I really like the return to the old red w/blue bill "TC" logo. Back in the 70s, it was one of my favorite caps. I believe the Twins wore that one at home and an all blue one with a red "TC" on the road.

The other cap I'd like to see return is the Roberto Clemente era Pittsburgh Pirates cap with the yellow/gold cap with black "P" and black brim.

did you know that if you lick the bottom of a turtle shell, you can make it stick to the ceiling?

and now, let's see if poodles can fly

classic movie :)

UHF Rules!

don't forget to get a carbon monozide detector for your home :(

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived