Unpopular Opinions

Inspired by the once-worn thread...

Josh_Jasper.jpg

The Packers should use this shade of gold.

Judging by this one pic, I completely agree.

It was said by someone back when he first posted it, but I'll say it again: too many teams have switched from athletic gold to metallic gold. Just look at teams like the Brewers, Penguins, Stars, and Rams. Of those teams, only the Brewers was an upgrade, IMO. The Stars was a lateral move, and the Penguins and Rams were downgrades.

I miss the Bills red helmet. To me, it was unique and it was their trademark. It needs to be brought back!

Red helmet is more Chiefs than Bills to me.

Before now, I never realized how few NFL teams wear red helmets (only 3 if you count Washington). Honestly, I wish the NFL would relent on its "one helmet" policy. Both the current helmet and the 90's version are great looks for the Bills (although I like the white one SLIGHTLY better).

Inspired by the once-worn thread...

Josh_Jasper.jpg

The Packers should use this shade of gold.

Judging by this one pic, I completely agree.

It was said by someone back when he first posted it, but I'll say it again: too many teams have switched from athletic gold to metallic gold. Just look at teams like the Brewers, Penguins, Stars, and Rams. Of those teams, only the Brewers was an upgrade, IMO. The Stars was a lateral move, and the Penguins and Rams were downgrades.

I agree... except for the part about the Brewers. The way gold was used on the Germanic sets was tolerable, but it looks terrible on the Miller-inspired sets.

That said, the shade of gold I'm proposing for the Packers is a lot more subtle than the gold used by the teams you named, and the Packers actually have a historical precedent for using this particular shade (or at least something close enough to it).

clear-shell-helmet_1.jpg

Maybe they could switch to it for one year, say... 2018 (their 100th season).

This is beyond hideous:

tampa-bay-rays-plaid.jpg

Every single one of those hats should be burned from existence. If this becomes their rumoured new alt cap next year, it will be the worst cap in the majors - and it's no contest.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

This is beyond hideous:

tampa-bay-rays-plaid.jpg

Every single one of those hats should be burned from existence. If this becomes their rumoured new alt cap next year, it will be the worst cap in the majors - and it's no contest.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. I think those are awful as well.

This is beyond hideous:

tampa-bay-rays-plaid.jpg

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. I think those are awful as well.

It's probably more unpopular when I say I love those!

• Like 1

here is an unpopular opinion. i think the steelers uniforms are terrible. the sleeve strips are huge, the font sucks, an update(but not a crazy change) is in order. I'd drop the sleeve stripes to 3, and change to a font(not athletic block font but something different, something "tough" like steel). I would maybe switch the pants up a little as well.

here is an unpopular opinion. i think the steelers uniforms are terrible. the sleeve strips are huge, the font sucks, an update(but not a crazy change) is in order. I'd drop the sleeve stripes to 3, and change to a font(not athletic block font but something different, something "tough" like steel). I would maybe switch the pants up a little as well.

I agree with you, they are desperate for an update.

I HATE the pinkwashing the NFL does.

Didn't look back to see if it's unpopular or if anyone else mentioned it, but most people around me hate hearing me say it. But it doesn't do a damn thing. Everyone is well aware of breast cancer, and it's just a money grab by the NFL as well as pandering to gain more women fans and I'm over it. A month of ruining NFL uniforms really irks me. Probably the only thing I agree with Paul Lukas on.

• Like 1

2ly2w09.jpg

The Steelers uniforms no longer work with modern cuts and, as a Steeler fan, I would propose a fairly drastic change. I would love to see them go the same route as Northwestern and put the stripes across the chest of th jersey.