Unpopular Opinions

Out of all of the Brewers current home uniforms (i.e. besides the retros), this is their best look:

10353106_10152182964760003_2352549185337

This I can agree with. That unique barley color jersey is perfect for a team named the Brewers. I'll never understand why people would like to see a return of the yellow, when this is their current option.

The only changes I'd make is to replace navy with a dark shade of green and go back to the Germanic font. The BiG-era uniform is seriously one of the most overrated looks on this board.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Out of all of the Brewers current home uniforms (i.e. besides the retros), this is their best look:

10353106_10152182964760003_2352549185337

This I can agree with. That unique barley color jersey is perfect for a team named the Brewers. I'll never understand why people would like to see a return of the yellow, when this is their current option.

I think that gold would look a lot better paired with royal blue. I think I hate the navy/gold color combo more than the uniform design itself.

I love the gold colored jerseys. I think they should go for a color in between navy and royal blue though.

I hate when people say the BiG is generic. Seriously, are the Red Sox, Yankees, Rays, White Sox, Tigers, Royals, Twins, Athletics, Rangers, Braves, Mets, Phillies, Nationals, Cubs, Reds, Pirates, Cardinals, Rockies, Dodgers, Padres and Giants hat logos all generic because they're just letters? From reading on these boards, I defiantly think the logo is very underrated here. Still mind-blowingly creative.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

If people think it's dated that's fine, but I'm tired off the "it sucks, it doesn't represent the name!" comments I've seen often.
Their identity now would be okay if the "Brewers" script wasn't so awful.

Washington Nationals/Montreal Expos: 45 Years, no World Series or pennant.

Chicago Bears: 1 NFL championship in the last 50 years.

When will my teams' futility end?

I hate when people say the BiG is generic. Seriously, are the Red Sox, Yankees, Rays, White Sox, Tigers, Royals, Twins, Athletics, Rangers, Braves, Mets, Phillies, Nationals, Cubs, Reds, Pirates, Cardinals, Rockies, Dodgers, Padres and Giants hat logos all generic because they're just letters? From reading on these boards, I defiantly think the logo is very underrated here. Still mind-blowingly creative.

There's a difference between hat logos and primary logos. The majority of the teams you mentioned have primary logos that differ from the cap logos, and the majority of those primary logos actually have something to do with the name.

The BiG might be a creative logo, but it also resembles the type of logo that a generic team in a movie might wear. The uniforms that went with the logo were also very generic. Lastly, the BiG has absolutely nothing to do with the team name or the city, and it was replaced by a superior uniform set that does reflect those things and actually is underrated.

I'll never understand how anyone can prefer this...

hRjZn6z.jpg

...to this:

gJ1RFIH.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I love these.

1326663723785_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

My favorite 90s experimental jerseys.

every time i see those, i'm reminded of the bizarre recolored version my fort worth brahmas wore for a year or two. black, purple, white, and green. that little splash of green at the bottom made very little sense. these are the best pics i can find.

fowoct12.jpgfort_worth_brahmas_1999-00_front.jpg

I'm not against the idea of hockey teams wearing colored helmets with their white sweaters/jerseys. However the thought of white helmets with colored jerseys seem yucky.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I like these, and the idea behind them:

rfoe78ak7h4m1w0e0f7hliu08.gif

I don't see why everyone wants to ditch the red for another shade of green or two (green and red go well together, are unique, and the team has a history with them), and the idea of taking an old template and changing the colors up is a good move in my book.

• Like 1

This is not as bad as some people say it is:

ray-allen-1.png

Granted, it's no masterpiece (the poor attempt to duplicate the gradient version of the logo, the full-body side stripe on only one side, the Forum-era Lakers number font, and the miniature "Miami" on the shorts), but the real collar, the striping pattern, and the red wordmark are all fairly nice. The originally Heat look was OK. Decent, but some tweaks and it could be made into something unique and lovely. The current Heat look is also great, but a balance between the two could be struck nicely.

• Like 1

I thought I heard somewhere that the Heat purposely made their numbers to look like the Lakers,and that the Magic adopted the pinstripes from the Yankees and the parquet floor from the Celtics. It's only fitting that a few years later the Heat would bring aboard the head of those Lakers teams they (supposedly) wanted to look like.

ray-allen-1.png

Granted, it's no masterpiece (the poor attempt to duplicate the gradient version of the logo, the full-body side stripe on only one side, the Forum-era Lakers number font, and the miniature "Miami" on the shorts), but the real collar, the striping pattern, and the red wordmark are all fairly nice. The originally Heat look was OK. Decent, but some tweaks and it could be made into something unique and lovely. The current Heat look is also great, but a balance between the two could be struck nicely.

I really like the pink and orange trim. I never noticed that before. IMO these are the best Heat uniforms.

slideshow_1002326932_unis-heat.jpg

Miami-Heat-2006-2013-Floridians-Hardwood

There's a difference between hat logos and primary logos. The majority of the teams you mentioned have primary logos that differ from the cap logos, and the majority of those primary logos actually have something to do with the name.

The BiG might be a creative logo, but it also resembles the type of logo that a generic team in a movie might wear. The uniforms that went with the logo were also very generic. Lastly, the BiG has absolutely nothing to do with the team name or the city, and it was replaced by a superior uniform set that does reflect those things and actually is underrated.

I'll never understand how anyone can prefer this...

hRjZn6z.jpg

...to this:

gJ1RFIH.jpg

I like them both and would be ecstatic if either one came back.

That said, the royal & yellow/gold combo just says "Summer in Milwaukee" more than the Germanics do. Milwaukeeans are unsually proud of our summer traditions (Lakefront Festivals, Brewers, Cook-Outs, Block Parties/Street Festivals) because winters here are so brutal and last so long. The BiG-era colors just scream summer in a way the Germanics don't.

ray-allen-1.png

I really like the pink and orange trim. I never noticed that before. IMO these are the best Heat uniforms.

slideshow_1002326932_unis-heat.jpg

Miami-Heat-2006-2013-Floridians-Hardwood

I'm pretty sure that's magenta, which is somewhere in between pink and red.