Unpopular Opinions

Unpopular opinion: the G by itself is silly since the town is Green Bay. You don't just use N for New York or L for Los Angeles.

Supposedly the G stands for "Greatness," however something tells me if the Packers were from Milwaukee, for example, they wouldn't have a G on their helmet..

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Yeah having your logo represent half of your city name is idiotic and mocked to death if released today. And if it supposedly stands for greatness that makes it worse, it's like having your logo say "cool!" or "awesome!" Just an awful, awful, awful, AWFUL logo.

Phillies, Bears, and new NYFC fan.

I've never se

I don't see why you couldn't leave the orange in the stick but use silver as the third color everywhere else.

Unpopular logo opinion: I hate team-specific license plates. I generally dislike all specialty plates, but I really don't like the ones for sports teams. To me, it almost says that you're a fan of a sports team first and a resident of your state second. Ironically, the time when this might be appropriate would be a Yankees fan in Boca, or a Bears fan in Kenosha, but that obviously can't happen. Also, why invite cops who like a rival team to pull you over?

Probably not. I shudder to think how many Minnesota "Packers" plates would be out there (far more than Vikings, I'd guess).

However, for Universities...

IMGd_6711.jpg

I raise you

purdue.jpg

Also I wish NYFC had kept this as their crest.

New_York_City_FC_launch_crest.png

It would have been a truley unique, yet very New Yorkish crest.

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

I actually like that MLB coaches and managers wear the full uniforms. I know it's not necessary but I like the tradition in baseball. I wish more would wear them (since I don't think too many managers actually show their jersey any more.

I think it would look kinda odd for a base coach to wear street clothes so I hope they at least continue to wear the pants and some kind of team jacket type clothing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If somehow the Oakland Raiders end up relocating to a city outside of California, I think the team should do a total rebrand. Name, logos, colors, everything.

If they somehow end up in San Antonio, I'd definitely want them to keep the Silver & Black. Call them the Gunslingers if you must, but keep the Silver & Black.

Why not the San Antonio Riders? Didn't they have a WAFL team or something called the Riders once? Just drop the "a" ... problem solved.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

If somehow the Oakland Raiders end up relocating to a city outside of California, I think the team should do a total rebrand. Name, logos, colors, everything.

If they somehow end up in San Antonio, I'd definitely want them to keep the Silver & Black. Call them the Gunslingers if you must, but keep the Silver & Black.

Why not the San Antonio Riders? Didn't they have a WAFL team or something called the Riders once? Just drop the "a" ... problem solved.

Yes. And they actually had one of the better brown uniforms in recent memory.

Unfortunately, they also employed this guy

jason-garrett.jpg

• Like 1

I actually like that MLB coaches and managers wear the full uniforms. I know it's not necessary but I like the tradition in baseball. I wish more would wear them (since I don't think too many managers actually show their jersey any more.

I think it would look kinda odd for a base coach to wear street clothes so I hope they at least continue to wear the pants and some kind of team jacket type clothing.

Is that really unpopular?

^^ I always liked that uniform as well just a great look for such bland colors.

Not sure I'd call those colors bland. If anything, I wonder why we don't see brown, Vegas gold, and orange together more often (aside from the idiotic "brown = poo" logic).

Make it happen, Padres.

I like brown in sports, but you walk a fine line when using it. Brown with yellow works, because the yellow is vibrant. Brown with gold? Not as vibrant or inspired, but it could still be done in a classy manner. You can't do anything modern with brown, and you can't do anything overly complicated either. You pretty much need to keep it brown plus one complimentary color, and keep white in the mix in all elements. Throwing in orange is just way too much, as it was when the Padres added orange in the '80s. The striping patterns on the Riders might look nice on a polo shirt, but they don't work on a football uniform.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Is that really unpopular?

It seems to be. I don't know that we've had a thread on it but most people seem to point out 1) how bad the uniform looks on fat coaches, and 2) how silly it would look in any other sport.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

^^ I always liked that uniform as well just a great look for such bland colors.

In what world is that color scheme "bland".

Brown is very bland & the rest of the colors don't really pop out at you but as I said I like the colors maybe there is a another word I could have used.

However I agree with TheOldRoman the Orange kinda does nothing for look & could be dropped.

I have absolutely no problem with ads on jerseys. As an Australian I am so used to seeing ads on everything in sports. It becomes part of the identity of the team. QANTAS is synonymous with the Wallabies (national rugby team), SGIO and Hungry Jacks have been lifetime sponsors of the West Coast Eagles and Australian Cricket always uses some sort of beer on their jersey. After a while, you won't even notice them. It really isn't that big a deal. Sorry, but that's my unpopular opinion.

AustralianCricketJersey_zps5189cab5.jpg

WallabiesJersey2_zps1e5e32d7.jpgafl_west_coast_eagles_clash_guernsey_zps

I have a feeling that the NBA will incorporate something like what they do in the AFL, with two logos (mind you one is the league logo) on the top part of the jersey, one on the shorts and one on the back of the jersey.

No matter how far or how wide I roam, I still call Australia home.

Chicago Cubs - Chicago Bulls - West Coast Eagles - San Jose State Spartans

After a while, you won't even notice them.

Perhaps, but right now it is all I notice. Last week I saw a guy wearing a red soccer jersey that had AON as the sponsor. I have seen these jerseys before, but I have no idea which team it is (I don't follow soccer, so maybe the rest of the world knows). I guess AON is getting their money's worth.