Unpopular Opinions

48 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

This came up in the NHL 16-17 thread, but I love these Sens alts:

alfredssonaltred.jpg

I loved this jersey...as an alternate.  Part of the appeal went away when it became the full time away jersey (then home).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

59 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

This came up in the NHL 16-17 thread, but I love these Sens alts:

alfredssonaltred.jpg

That logo is going to kill you in your sleep

spacer.png

I hope that chest stripes become more popular in hockey, not (basically) just limited to the Canadiens. I love the Solar Bears uniforms, and I really liked the mockups that people made for the Panthers rumors. I'd like to see it become like pinstripes in baseball, where the Yankees are the most famous to use them, but it's not unusual for other teams to have pinstripes and nobody flips out.

• Like 1

I do as well, but not for football. Other than the Bears' numbers, which go back forever anyway, I find it hard to improve upon good old varsity block on a football uniform. There are a few custom sets I like (the old Jaguars, the varsity serif on the Cowboys' throwbacks, however you describe what the Seahawks are doing now), but for the most part, you lose more than you gain by using custom numbers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think that I like custom numbers more and more as the size of jerseys gets smaller. For example, I like custom jerseys in football more than in hockey. I think it's because on jerseys with less real estate for striping, a custom font can provide a distinct design element that clearly differentiates one team's branding from another's.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I think contrasting color panels on baseball hats is a design feature best left in the past. And I don't think it looked particularly good then either.

There is/was something awesome about the Expos' pinwheel hat on a baseball field, but the hat is kind of tough to pull off on a public street.

When given a choice, I'll take white-panel hats over color-panel hats though.  The Orioles' orange-paneled hats were pretty ugly. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

The best look the Falcons ever had was their 1988 look, with the early 2000s a close second.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1716fcf2a5a31d5992becb7

image.jpeg

Those are both fine looks. I don't think the Falcons have ever had a truly bad look. Their worst is their current, just because of the unnecessary piping and asymmetrical striping, but even it is far from horrible.

• Like 2

I've said this before but I still believe the Mets were the only team to make black work. 

ny_top50mets23_340.jpg

Also, I don't know if it's because people didn't like it or MLB teams just don't wanna wear them anymore but some teams need to bring back vest uniforms because they looked good. 

Ken_Griffey_Jr_2004.jpg

mall-spt-marlins-castillo-a.jpg

Especially the Pirates.

Pittsburgh+Pirates+v+Atlanta+Braves+J3IV

• Like 3

XM4KeeA.png