Unpopular Opinions

The North Stars suffered from a ton of inconsistencies. They didn't incorporate matching black trim/stripes and breezers on the road for seven whole years! I know branding wasn't what it is now from 1981 to 1988, but they really should have gotten around to that sooner. The North Stars were a pretty shoddy operation, sadly.

Yeah, I still don't understand why they had black only at home for that long. At the time, it did not phase me because those are my first memories. The best I can come up with is that for the 1981 Stanley Cup run there was no black; so they decided the proposed road jersey was too much of a departure (I think that part is documented) but since the black on the home whites was more subtle, they just let it happen. If so, they should have just pulled back on the home jersey (particularly since the pre-black jersey was so damn nice). This seems a bit far-fetched but is it possible that the league said "It's too late to take these off the table, but since you went to the finals, you can pull back on the black but you are stuck with the home jersey." Doubtful and even so, they should have adjusted one of the jerseys well before 1988.

Or maybe they just "forgot" to pull back on the home jersey since the addition of black was less pronounced. I have yet to come up with a scenario that does not make them seem Mickey Mouse.

Oh well, now the Twins are going to pick up the tradition.

The Wild are even more guilty than both of these teams.

I prefer fully painted/wordmarked/logo'd endzones, like Madden '94!

Enough with the retro chalk lined &/or blase wordmarks. NBA floors are unique & interesting to look at... time for the NFL & NCAA to step up.

I know that Notre Dame has a hard-on for its sexy old school chalk lined endzones... how very hipster of them.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I've always liked these jerseys (might be nostalgia).

I would love for the Pats to wear these in the near future, maybe 2016 (20 years after the 1996-97 SuperBowl year)

martinglenn816.jpg

I don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but I've always liked these jerseys (might be nostalgia).

I would love for the Pats to wear these in the near future, maybe 2016 (20 years after the 1996-97 SuperBowl year)

martinglenn816.jpg

Actually, I've always kinda preferred their first look with the "Flying Elvis".

1993_p10.jpg

• Like 1

bYhYmxh.png

I like the pants stripe on those uniforms. Only lasted a season or two though.

Patriots between 1990-2000 were like the Jaguars of the last few years with all the uniform changes. I think they had 5 different uniforms.

Patriots between 1990-2000 were like the Jaguars of the last few years with all the uniform changes. I think they had 5 different uniforms.

Does that mean like by 2020 the Jags will win like 3 of the 5 Super Bowls? :oops:

Does that mean like by 2020 the Jags will win like 3 of the 5 Super Bowls? :oops:

I meant they were like the Jaguars since they changed their uniforms every few years. Also, the 1990-2000 Patriots won 0 Super Bowls. It's the 2001-2012 that were 3/5. (and should be at least 4/5 :down: )

martinglenn816.jpg

Anyone know if that's the same font the Tiger-Cats used up until a few years ago?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

martinglenn816.jpg

Anyone know if that's the same font the Tiger-Cats used up until a few years ago?

It is indeed. Also the same number font the Carolina Hurricanes used (Hurricanes didn't have the shadow, IIRC) from '97-2012.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I meant they were like the Jaguars since they changed their uniforms every few years. Also, the 1990-2000 Patriots won 0 Super Bowls. It's the 2001-2012 that were 3/5. (and should be at least 4/5 :down: )

I know but I was just saying if they were really like them then in the next five or six years they would win three championships like NE did after they settled on their unis.

I could not think of anything worse than Jax's uniforms as the Super Bowl Champion well maybe NE winning again but we all know Brady can't win the big game anymore.

I want sponsors on NHL jerseys.

And Euro jerseys are better than North American.

I'm really curious, and am not trying to offend, on this, why do you feel Euro jerseys are better than North American jerseys?

I can live with sponsership, as I do for rugby, but I am curious on how you believe that theya re better?

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I'm really curious, and am not trying to offend, on this, why do you feel Euro jerseys are better than North American jerseys?

I can live with sponsership, as I do for rugby, but I am curious on how you believe that theya re better?

The reason I prefer them is due to the fact overall euro jerseys are better designed than NA jerseys in my opinion.

For example, take the worst of the KHL/Swiss/Swede and compare it with the NHL.

Worst jersey right now in the NHL is arguably the Carolina away jersey.

It's bad because the logo is meh, and the jersey is boring, uninspired, and EA NHL quality.

The worst in KHL is Salavat Yulaev Ufa.

mfexg2teyde59uk6er219cimu.gif

Why is this bad?

Because it looks rridiculous

NHL teams overall play it safe with new Home/Away jerseys.

KHL are all over the damn place.

Some of the finest jerseys are KHL

Jersey2010_1_058.jpg

avtomob14_tf.jpg

Dynamo_Moscow_12_506932f5d3b3d.jpg

I really don't think you'll find anyone that agrees with you on this, but I am curious as to why you think this.

If you are referring to sponsors, it's just because I think a few of the NHL jerseys look too bare.

Also, I think some teams that are smaller could greatly benefit from sponsorship.

If they did implement them, they would need to restrict it to local companies (i.e. US/CA sponsors only)

3aKTw5y.png

Favorite teams: Dynamo Moscow, Detroit Red Wings, Jokerit, Manchester United, Kitchener Rangers