Unpopular Opinions

And these NEED to come back ASAP - The NHL needs more color, and this would work quite nicely:

6159B5BEBB933EC12BFE287171A70.jpg

One of the best NHL logos/color combos/uniforms in the history of the league IMO. And no, that is not hyperbole. And yes, this is coming from a Ducks fan.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

The more time goes back, the more I miss these, and the more I loathe their current set. Especially the white roads. Ew. And NO, the webbed "D" alone would NOT make a "good" logo. They have one of the best names in the NHL (you know, an actual animal - instead of an adjective like "Wild") and they choose a WORDMARK!?? Baffling.

46A3F35F80EEE5612D918CB291528.jpg

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Posted Image Posted Image

And these were the Ducks' second-best. This would have made a nice everyday-use set, honestly.

Ok, honestly.. at this point, I think a lot of these posts are hyperbole. Or just who can come up with the most absurd/ugly uni they can find and then claim they "loved" it just for the sake of being (in their mind) funny.

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Ok, honestly.. at this point, I think a lot of these posts are hyperbole. Or just who can come up with the most absurd/ugly uni they can find and then claim they "loved" it just for the sake of being (in their mind) funny.

What's wrong with that? :)

On 7/31/2010 at 2:08 PM, Shumway said:

I also really like the brown/orange "SD" Padres set.

I am with you on this. Great colors without being gaudy (which I feel the yellow caused) and brown and orange look great on the gray road uniform (though perhaps pinstripes would be long gone on that by now).

On 8/1/2010 at 9:07 PM, ThePreacher said:

And these NEED to come back ASAP - The NHL needs more color, and this would work quite nicely:

One of the best NHL logos/color combos/uniforms in the history of the league IMO. And no, that is not hyperbole. And yes, this is coming from a Ducks fan.

abso-freaking-lutely. I love the yellow home uniform they had up until the year before Gretzky.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

abso-freaking-lutely. I love the yellow home uniform they had up until the year before Gretzky.

Were the Kings one of the first BFBS teams in the NHL??? It's hard to believe it's been, what, almost 20 years since "The Trade"...

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I really like the white outlines and stripes on the Yankees' road jerseys. There's a fine line between something looking "classic" and something looking "old." The white, I think, helps keep the road look classic and not old.

2559017910100337552S425x425Q85.jpgDuckRoadAlt-1.jpg

And these were the Ducks' second-best. This would have made a nice everyday-use set, honestly.

I never liked these that much for some reason. Maybe it was the shiny material they used, or the fact that they changed their pants to black to accompany these jerseys. Considering that there is no black anywhere on these jerseys, except for the logo, that decision to replace the pants was pointless. And still baffles me today.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I actually like all those Ducks jerseys, first of all. The Wild Wing in particular is so outrageous and bizarre that it's actually good.

Second of all, this is the "Unpopular Opinions" thread. What were you expecting, popular ones?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12