Unpopular Opinions

This seems pretty unpopular around here…

k3ERn.png

rXKj6.png

OehIL.png

...but these are some of the ugliest logos/wordmarks to ever be used by a professional sports team. Say what you want about the new stuff, but at least it isn't mind-blowingly ugly. Hell, the old uniforms (and the current BOLTS one) stink too.

• Like 2

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I think the New York Rangers identity is one of the most messed up when it's comes to striping. Everything is a different striping pattern, and it bugs me. With a few simple fixes, they could have very nice looking jerseys still, but it wouldn't annoy me.

On the bright side, everybody has brought life into this otherwise-moribund sub-forum.

I like orange as an accent color for the San Jose Sharks. It adds some flavor to the look and makes the original set look bland.

This seems pretty unpopular around here…

k3ERn.png

rXKj6.png

OehIL.png

...but these are some of the ugliest logos/wordmarks to ever be used by a professional sports team. Say what you want about the new stuff, but at least it isn't mind-blowingly ugly. Hell, the old uniforms (and the current BOLTS one) stink too.

I agree with both of these. The Sharks started out with a really nice set in their first few seasons, but that went to hell pretty quickly with changes. And adding that unique yellow/orange brought some life back (what can I say... I like color), at least with the teal jersey version. Last I saw they screwed it up again by switching to black as a primary.

And the Lightning uniforms have always blown. Those logos above are terrible. And I absolutely HATE royal blue and black together... tried over and over, never suscessfully IMO.

Awesome uniform:

DaigneaultDucks.jpg

Okay uniform:

BMT2006.jpg

Bad uniform:

2797449_display_image.jpg?1305848306

Horrible uniform:

AnaheimDucks40.jpg

One of the worst hockey uniforms ever:

Sbisa_640_011012.jpg

(The Edge template panel cutting into the hem stripe brings this into full clownsuit territory.)

Since when is this unpopular? I mean with the exception of the top one, your opinions all seem to be in line with the popular view (for once!).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I disagree somewhat. The Ducks' current set isn't as horrible as he says it is, but the old Mighty Ducks uniforms are better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Since when is this unpopular? I mean with the exception of the top one, your opinions all seem to be in line with the popular view (for once!).

I've never really seen the Mighty Ducks' BFBS alternate as a particularly unpopular uniform on here, and of course, most people prefer the original sloped-stripe set to the '90s alternates.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah, people seemed to like that stopgap uniform a lot and I don't know why. It was black, silver, and eggplant at a time when the Kings were black, silver, and purple. Even without that, black and eggplant make a terribly drab color pairing. The wordmark was ugly, the MD shoulder logos were faux-retro, what a mess.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping the thread; I don't know why people are so negative to the name change because personally, I love the name. Sadly, the logos also have a bad rap as well. The Pelicans logo sest are some of the best in the 4 Major Professional Leagues of North America and they just scream New Orleans. These two logos are my favorites from the identity.

6144_new_orleans_pelicans-secondary-2014.jpg

5127_new_orleans_pelicans-secondary-2014.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Bumping the thread; I don't know why people are so negative to the name change because personally, I love the name. Sadly, the logos also have a bad rap as well. The Pelicans logo sest are some of the best in the 4 Major Professional Leagues of North America and they just scream New Orleans. These two logos are my favorites from the identity.

The Bird-di-lis looks like he's wearing a knights' helmet. It's the only logo of the set I can't stand.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I agree with you, but citing the two worst logos from the set isn't helping your point.

I think the Cleveland Browns' whole identity should not only be altered, but should be thrown completely out the window. I honestly see absolutely nothing about their basic orange helmet and brown jersey setup worth glorifying, save perhaps the color scheme itself.

It's time to move forward, not a single Lombardi Trophy has been paraded through the streets of Cleveland with this "iconic" look

Midway.png

I'm not sure if this is unpopular but I do not understand why college teams do not wear full length socks. I think short socks look amateurish and long socks are a lot more comfortable

They are amateurs, well, in most cases. And I always found short socks to be more comfortable during a game.

• Like 1
FSU2.gif

I'm not sure if this is unpopular but I do not understand why college teams do not wear full length socks. I think short socks look amateurish and long socks are a lot more comfortable

We're supposed to believe that college players are amateurs.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D