Unpopular Opinions

Even if he is, it seems to me that he's motivated by a dislike of anything that's remotely traditional.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 1/30/2013 at 10:35 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:
On 1/30/2013 at 9:56 PM, CRichardson said:
On 1/29/2013 at 3:03 PM, Lights Out said:

One of the ugliest uniforms of all time:

Well, of course you think that.

Lights Out is spot on with this one.

I don't know that it's one of the ugliest, or even ugly at all. But it is un-befitting the team given its minimal use of red and lack of the great logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I've found this to be unpopular, but this Helmet/jersey

hi-res-152865796_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

is light years ahead of this

82lw81.jpg

The current ravens helmet is great IMO and that old logo looks so dated it's unreal. I don't get how people think that logo is better than the current. Sure the current one has some flaws but overall it's way better than the original logo.

• Like 1

Even if he is, it seems to me that he's motivated by a dislike of anything that's remotely traditional.

I've explained many times that I have a varied taste, but whatever floats your boat, man.

Yeah you've said that before. Yet that doesn't hold up to your posting record.

• Like 3

82lw81.jpg

The current ravens helmet is great IMO and that old logo looks so dated it's unreal. I don't get how people think that logo is better than the current. Sure the current one has some flaws but overall it's way better than the original logo.

Interesting, I'd say just the opposite. The old one looks like it could've evolved from something from the early-mid 20th century. The new one screams "1999" to me.

The Texans should have just become the Toros since they chose to put one on their helmet.

The primary doesn't scream Texans. It screams Bull. Interesting that the mascot is named Toro.

Toros was one of the final five choices in a fan poll.

Unpopular, but true.

Old Dog Learning New Tricks.

If the new one had the "B" removed, I think it'd be great.

When you said that I thought hey maybe that would be better now that someone mentioned it, so I just did some really rough MS Paint work and removed it and it just looks like theres too much empty space. Probably because I'm used to the B on there though

82lw81.jpg

Interesting, I'd say just the opposite. The old one looks like it could've evolved from something from the early-mid 20th century. The new one screams "1999" to me.

After watching the SB last night I went online and researched the logo and uniform history of the Ravens and I agree that the "old" look with the winged shield helmets are far superior to the current look. I almost wonder if it would have been worth it for the franchise to just buy out the guy who sued them and continue using the look. That being said, I'm not a fan of the first set of uniforms that they unveiled. I'm not sure what year it was from, but at some point in their early history they used the winged shield helmets with a uniform set that looked a lot more like the current one (which I actually like). It even featured that spread wing flying raven on the sleeves, which I find to be absolutely gorgeous.