Unpopular Opinions

I hate the Kings' purple and gold. It's gaudy beyond belief, and I just don't like seeing purple anywhere in sports. The only one of that era that was even close to respectable, was this one. The rest are just hard to look at.

rogie-vachon-la-kings-signed-mitchell-ness-jersey_912f6267ca10f8d3cab2233ee2f9fe4e.jpg

How's that for an unpopular opinion?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

2559017910100337552S425x425Q85.jpgDuckRoadAlt-1.jpg

And these were the Ducks' second-best. This would have made a nice everyday-use set, honestly.

I never liked these that much for some reason. Maybe it was the shiny material they used, or the fact that they changed their pants to black to accompany these jerseys. Considering that there is no black anywhere on these jerseys, except for the logo, that decision to replace the pants was pointless. And still baffles me today.

when did they wear those jerseys? I sort of remember them, just don't remember why they had them.

I love the old mighty ducks jerseys just because they were from the movie. Takes me back to my childhood favorites! Sadly since they did win a cup with the new black unis, I think they will stay with those now...shame

I really liked the Seahawks' lime green jerseys. Had they been broken out at night, they'd be amazing. The whole uniform would have been awesome had it not been for the dark pants. The jersey should have been worn with white pants. Lime green pants and lime green jerseys together are overkill.

I love the Buffalo Bills logo. I'm a fan of the current Calgary Flames uniforms, crazy piping and flag patches included. I don't like the Canadiens road jersey as a part of their identity because the striping is different (it's nice on its own, though). The Blackhawks road jersey is much better than their home jersey. I think the Canucks' identity right now is fantastic, and I think the stick-in-rink logo is vastly overrated. The Indians throwback unis got boring a year ago. Throwback unis in general are starting to bug me when they're included as part of a uniform package. If it's a one-off then fine, but it's just frustrating to see teams abusing their classic looks for money. I don't mind when teams use their team names on road jerseys. I think soccer jerseys look empty without sponsors.

And finally, my most unpopular opinion - I LOVE the Cubs "Cuba" road jersey. I think it's much better than the bland "CHICAGO" wordmarks they used before and after.

sandberg.jpg

330zl3b.png

abso-freaking-lutely. I love the yellow home uniform they had up until the year before Gretzky.

Were the Kings one of the first BFBS teams in the NHL??? It's hard to believe it's been, what, almost 20 years since "The Trade"...

Whats BFBS?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

BFBS - Black for Black's Sake (in other words, the "arbitrary" use of such)

Come on, -Dan...you gotta keep up! :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Alright, I'll bite...just what, exactly, is the "K" for?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The colour, in person, had a shiny golden feel to it on the 2002-2007 sweaters. Since the change to the Edge sweaters, however, it's lost that shininess and now it's just flat. It comes across as khaki more so then gold now, in my opinion.

I will not be happy until they go back to the gold and black from before.

Yellow, gold, vegas gold, whatever you wanna call it, it isn't as good now as it was. I don't care what logos/unis, use the old colors!

No blue please, I hate the blue.

2ly2w09.jpg

Second of all, this is the "Unpopular Opinions" thread. What were you expecting, popular ones?

I think that 80% of us are legitimately posting "unpopular" logos, uniforms and color palettes that we genuinely like, and then 20% of the people are here are just attempting to post the most outrageous uniforms they can find and claim they like them. I don't know if they're attempting to be funny, or if they're doing it for attention, but IMHO it qualifies as quasi-hijacking, and I find it obnoxious. That being said, I'm no misanthrope - I just have a low tolerance for incompetence and intentional stupidity.

No blue please, I hate the blue.

Couldn't agree more! The Penguins, much like the San Diego Chargers (and many MLB teams & the Denver Nuggets) all looked AWESOME for like the first 3 months they came out with this PBFPBS (Powder Blue for Powder Blue's Sake), but now it just looks boring, uninspired and homogeneous. They need to go back to their original Penguins logo with the scarf. That is classic and AWESOME (and quite frankly, it should be the template the Ducks should have followed when designing their new uniforms, instead of this dumb, minor league baseball wordmark logo they have currently.)

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png