Unpopular Opinions

I hated the Rangers' "Lady Liberty" sweaters and really don't understand the folks who want to see them replace one of the most classic sweaters in the history of hockey. Most New Yorkers have only visited the statue once, on a middle-school field trip... how is that a good symbol for a team representing New York City?

• Like 1

Nobody thinks the Lady Liberty jerseys should replace the Rangers' standard home and away jerseys. People, myself included, just think that they make a good alt.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I hated the Rangers' "Lady Liberty" sweaters and really don't understand the folks who want to see them replace one of the most classic sweaters in the history of hockey. Most New Yorkers have only visited the statue once, on a middle-school field trip... how is that a good symbol for a team representing New York City?

Agreed. I wouldn't mind the logo as a secondary mark to be used on hats, t-shirts, etc, but I absolutely hated those jerseys.

This has probably been mentioned, but I think this logo sucks.

270.gif

I've always seen it as an elephant. I've never seen it as a an igloo or an N.

Yeah I've never liked it much either. It's another bizarre 60's/70's logo that does not work anymore, I'm sorry.

This logo looks really bad, due to all the silver lining around the buffalo and the swords...

buffalo-sabres.png

Totally agree. The elements in this logo are perfect, but they aren't done right and the silver outlining is horrible, just horrible. Too many thin lines all over the place which I hate in a hockey logo, because the jerseys are usually so bold and simple.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

This logo looks really bad, due to all the silver lining around the buffalo and the swords...

buffalo-sabres.png

The shrunken version for some reason looks fine, as it gives the logo some depth. However, as soon as you take a closer look, it just looks bad.

134009167.0_standard_352.0.jpg

It was a bad logo to begin with and the silver highlights do absolutely nothing to address it's many flaws

(Inspired by the Cubs Focus Group thread)

This...

(Walking cubby bear in the "C")

...is an awesome logo; and that's from a Brewers fan.

Totally agree. I think it's derivative of a bigger-picture "unpopular opinion" of mine, which is that animal full body logos are usually (not always) better than head logos.

• This logo > any of the bear face logos
  • Coyotes alt logo > primary logo
  • "Leaping Bengal" > "Bengal head"
  • Jags original sleeve patch > either jags head logo
  • Lions helmet logo > any "lion head" rendering that people were doing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

(Inspired by the Cubs Focus Group thread)

This...

(Walking cubby bear in the "C")

...is an awesome logo; and that's from a Brewers fan.

Totally agree. I think it's derivative of a bigger-picture "unpopular opinion" of mine, which is that animal full body logos are usually (not always) better than head logos.

• This logo > any of the bear face logos
  • Coyotes alt logo > primary logo
  • "Leaping Bengal" > "Bengal head"
  • Jags original sleeve patch > either jags head logo
  • Lions helmet logo > any "lion head" rendering that people were doing.

Agreed, one thousand percent. How many ways are there to really draw an animal head? Especially the big jungle cats that are used by so many colleges and high schools? With a full-body logo, you can go anthropomorphic, static and dignified, action/attack oriented, and so many other directions.

under-armour-university-of-maryland-pride-uniforms-04.jpg

The Maryland Pride uni's, in all of their incarnations, are all awesome and actually incorporate the schools colors in a creative and unique way. Kudos to Under Armour.... unlike nikes retarded addition of any color into oregons ridiculous uni's. Dear america, just because its nike doesnt make it gods gift to the world. Silver is an ugly color

• Like 1

under-armour-university-of-maryland-pride-uniforms-04.jpg

The Maryland Pride uni's, in all of their incarnations, are all awesome and actually incorporate the schools colors in a creative and unique way. Kudos to Under Armour.... unlike nikes retarded addition of any color into oregons ridiculous uni's. Dear america, just because its nike doesnt make it gods gift to the world. Silver is an ugly color

Those uniforms could have been a ton better if they flipped the motif on the shoulders so that the upper body better resembled the Maryland flag.

Still not my favorite uniform, but it could have been really, really cool with that one tweak.

I don't think there are too many out there that would claim to dislike CBJ's uniforms. I think that they could use some slight tweaks, but they're very nice, even if I'm not a fan of navy. IMO they've always had nice unifroms (current alt excepted), even going back to the CB days (their original alt is still the only jersey I can think of that successfully blended navy and black.)

As for Maryland, I really liked that look as well, however I hope that they tone it down a notch once they join the big 10.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

im not sure if anyone dislikes the CBJ's identity but i think its the best in the NHL. the logo, the jerseys, the alt, the whole package is just beautiful and full of Ohio spirit

Columbus%20Blue%20Jackets%20Jersey.jpg

You've been in Columbus for a few weeks and you're already an Ohio slappy? How long until you start Cleve'jacking threads... :P

(CBJ's look is definitely underrated... Top in the league is a little nuts, but Top 10 isn't out of the question. It's that awful alternate jersey that brings it down... And bumping up the piping off the hem like on the original version would help as well IMO.)

• Like 1

im not sure if anyone dislikes the CBJ's identity but i think its the best in the NHL. the logo, the jerseys, the alt, the whole package is just beautiful and full of Ohio spirit

Too bad they never played as good as they look.

• Like 1

You've been in Columbus for a few weeks and you're already an Ohio slappy? How long until you start Cleve'jacking threads... :P

(CBJ's look is definitely underrated... Top in the league is a little nuts, but Top 10 isn't out of the question. It's that awful alternate jersey that brings it down... And bumping up the piping off the hem like on the original version would help as well IMO.)

LOL, man its different seeing the stuff in real life. the jerseys hanging in the windows of Nationwide Arena and the logos all over town. the identity just works great everywhere. and since im not really a hockey fan at all, im allowed to say its best in the league, so there!

oh, and true story about the alt logo. it went to reebok/adidas (from the team) as a concept. the circle wasnt even a perfect circle, the font was copperplate, and the cannon was probably a clip art piece. they had other ideas, but the team said "thanks but we like what we have" so it left there as a "cleaned up" version.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

LOL, man its different seeing the stuff in real life. the jerseys hanging in the windows of Nationwide Arena and the logos all over town. the identity just works great everywhere. and since im not really a hockey fan at all, im allowed to say its best in the league, so there!

I think this is actually key. Most jerseys I've seen look significantly better in person, especially the on-field or on-court authentics. Even with HDTV, uniform colors and materials don't translate as well through the television; you really have to see them to appreciate their quality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I think this is actually key. Most jerseys I've seen look significantly better in person, especially the on-field or on-court authentics. Even with HDTV, uniform colors and materials don't translate as well through the television; you really have to see them to appreciate their quality.

So true. My brother and I were just talking about this as we both got the Thrashers alt jersey. I pretty much got it for the historical significance, and didn't care for them all too much to begin with, but damn did it look good in person. I was impressed.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats