Unpopular Opinions

I maintain that these are the best jerseys either team has ever worn.

mNkBySOKk4xXb0BIMB05EzQ.jpg

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

There's probably more examples of bad drop-shadowing than good, but that's because most teams do/did it to be "kewl" and didn't take the time to execute it correctly.

And I think those uniforms are absolute garbage, and pale in comparison to what they wear now. The red-gold-white the niners use is perfectly balanced, well contrasted, just looks really good. Adding black just muddies up and ruins a fantastic color scheme. And the drop shadowed number and stripes looked awful.

• Like 1

I legitimately do not understand why people hate the current San Diego Chargers uniforms.

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Acquiescing to the powder blue contingent by putting thin outlines next to yellow outlines just makes it look vaguely greenish. Perfect example of a compromise where no one wins.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I legitimately do not understand why people hate the current San Diego Chargers uniforms.

Acquiescing to the powder blue contingent by putting thin outlines next to yellow outlines just makes it look vaguely greenish. Perfect example of a compromise where no one wins.

I'd like the Chargers' set much more (modernization and all) if the Spanos actually followed through on their promise to put the Bolts in powder blue full time. The outlines are OK on those. Instead, they apparently made an eleventh-hour decision to stick with their pet color navy and we got the green-outline compromise we have today.

Edited by DustDevil61

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

These are the best jerseys in Sixers history

lg_vanhorn_all.jpgjulius-erving-sixers.jpg.jpg

I don't hate phantom yokes in hockey as long as the white jersey has a yoke of the same color.

I'm not a Sixers fan by any means, but everytime I see those Dr.J era unis, I want them back in the NBA badly. I rank them in the top 5 in league history in my book.

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

Replace the black drop shadows with a thin black outline and I agree. I can't stand the Niners' current look, black outlines really need to be a part of the Niners' look to me (because of the logo). They also need pants that at least try to match the helmet color.

• Like 1

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

Replace the black drop shadows with a thin black outline and I agree. I can't stand the Niners' current look, black outlines really need to be a part of the Niners' look to me (because of the logo). They also need pants that at least try to match the helmet color.

Ugh, it muddies up their scheme too much. The red and gold work beautifully together, throwing in black just makes it look gross. It doesn't need to be in there just because its in the logo. The Steelers don't need to add red and blue because its in their logo.

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

Ugh, it muddies up their scheme too much. The red and gold work beautifully together, throwing in black just makes it look gross. It doesn't need to be in there just because its in the logo. The Steelers don't need to add red and blue because its in their logo.

I agree the black was completely unnecessary, and just junked up the whole look, but to me, the dark red was just as bad of a decision. How anybody could prefer it to the classic cherry red is beyond me.

What a period for NFL uniforms... logo on the sleeves? Check. Repeat logo on hip? Check. Add black? Check. Darken primary color? Check. Add in oversized drop shadow numbers and you have a textbook example of full-blown 90's nonsense.

• Like 1

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

I agree the black was completely unnecessary, and just junked up the whole look, but to me, the dark red was just as bad of a decision. How anybody could prefer it to the classic cherry red is beyond me.

Then they really need to ditch the black in their logo. If it was just a thin black outline like the Vikings' logo, then okay. But it's jarring to see no hint of black in the uniforms and then BAM! Highly visible black on their logo. The Steelers logo is a different case, as the red and blue are minor elements of their logo. The Niners need to make black a minor element in their logo or ditch black in the logo altogether.

And while cherry red and gold look good, cherry red, gold, and khaki do not. The better matching pants and fitting use of black is why I prefer the 90's look. If the Niners match their pants and fix their logo to reflect their look, I'll be fine with their current look.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

Then they really need to ditch the black in their logo. If it was just a thin black outline like the Vikings' logo, then okay. But it's jarring to see no hint of black in the uniforms and then BAM! Highly visible black on their logo. The Steelers logo is a different case, as the red and blue are minor elements of their logo. The Niners need to make black a minor element in their logo or ditch black in the logo altogether.

And while cherry red and gold look good, cherry red, gold, and khaki do not. The better matching pants and fitting use of black is why I prefer the 90's look. If the Niners match their pants and fix their logo to reflect their look, I'll be fine with their current look.

I really don't have a problem with the black in their logo considering its all border. Its even more of a minor element than the red and blue in Pittsburgh's scheme. Theres not much they can do to fix it if they want to keep that logo looking good, and its not a big issue. Its not like a uniform using colours nowhere to be found in the logo.

mNkBySOKk4xXb0BIMB05EzQ.jpg

Jerry%20Rice%20catch.jpg

There's probably more examples of bad drop-shadowing than good, but that's because most teams do/did it to be "kewl" and didn't take the time to execute it correctly.

+1

Going back a couple of pages, I thought the Falcons looked way better with black pants, especially on the road:

michael%20vick%20falcons.jpg

Atlanta_Falcons_Michael_Vick_at24_large.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm not entirely sure just how unpopular it is, but I love Chief Wahoo. I'm by no means an Indians fan, but I used to draw him on my notes all the time as a kid. I remember buying an Indians hat and toy helmet at Camden Yards when I was probably 9 or 10.

(Camden Yards isn't a typo. They used to sell other teams' merchandise back then. I have a bunch of old toy helmets from Orioles games)