Unpopular Opinions

I'm not entirely sure just how unpopular it is, but I love Chief Wahoo. I'm by no means an Indians fan, but I used to draw him on my notes all the time as a kid. I remember buying an Indians hat and toy helmet at Camden Yards when I was probably 9 or 10.

(Camden Yards isn't a typo. They used to sell other teams' merchandise back then. I have a bunch of old toy helmets from Orioles games)

Its not unpopular to like Chief Wahoo, just not politically correct.

I like the Browns uniforms, especially back when they had white facemasks. I also think the Creamsicle uniforms that the Tampa Bay Bucs used to wear are really good too, though not as good as their current ones.

• Like 1

Green Bay Packers: 9x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 4x Super Bowl Champions, 3x NFC Champions

Indianapolis Colts: 2x Pre-Super Bowl Era NFL Champions, 2x Super Bowl Champions, 3x AFC Champions

Michigan Wolverines football: 11x National Champions, 8x Rose Bowl Champions, 3x Citrus/Capital One Bowl Champions

Detroit Tigers: 4x World Series Champions, 11x AL Pennant Winners

Detroit Pistons: 3x NBA Champions, 5x Eastern Conference Champions

I agree the black was completely unnecessary, and just junked up the whole look, but to me, the dark red was just as bad of a decision. How anybody could prefer it to the classic cherry red is beyond me.

What a period for NFL uniforms... logo on the sleeves? Check. Repeat logo on hip? Check. Add black? Check. Darken primary color? Check. Add in oversized drop shadow numbers and you have a textbook example of full-blown 90's nonsense.

The color darkening is something I associate with the turn of the century, personally. That's about the time the Patriots, Jets, Bills, Sehawks, Rams,and Titans/Oilers "went dark."

I think the Capitals should go back to the blue and bronze color palate. Red, white and blue is overused and it's something that would fit the geography of the team, while being slightly differentiating.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

And yes, the Hawks sweater is pretty overrated. Top 5, I could understand, but 'best in hockey?' Nah.

• Like 1

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I think the Capitals should go back to the blue and bronze color palate. Red, white and blue is overused and it's something that would fit the geography of the team, while being slightly differentiating.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

And yes, the Hawks sweater is pretty overrated. Top 5, I could understand, but 'best in hockey?' Nah.

While I appreciated this look, I believe that their current red, white & blue look is much better. I will say that I actually prefer the old Wizards jerseys with these same colors as opposed to the red, white & blue Bullets knock offs.

BTW The names on the Blackhawks red jerseys drive me nuts because they aren't outlined in black like the numbers all are.

I've never minded teams using single-color NOB even if the numbers aren't. NOBs are usually so small and smushed together than the outlines just add unnecessary clutter and take away from their readability.

Then again, I'm of the opinion that NOBs are just useless clutter in general. Programs and the internet exist for a reason.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

While I appreciated this look, I believe that their current red, white & blue look is much better. I will say that I actually prefer the old Wizards jerseys with these same colors as opposed to the red, white & blue Bullets knock offs.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to blend both of Washington's color schemes. Red, Blue, White, with Black & Gold as trim.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Example

24xnqc6.jpg

I wonder if it would be a good idea to blend both of Washington's color schemes. Red, Blue, White, with Black & Gold as trim.

No, the red would probably muddle things too much. Either stick with the gold or swap it, but don't do both.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday."